Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    In fairness, I do think it is is possible to combine Peter's and Sue's powers effectively. The possibilities of invisible webbing, or webbing and force fields as multi-stage containment, are out there.
    Wouldn't that be kinda redundant? Because instead of going through the effort of making Spidey's web invisible to contain someone, Sue could just use her force fields to contain the enemy herself, and considering her force fields completely outclass his webs in power, she'd be way more effective at containing than him, and combining both, if someone is strong enough to break her force fields, I don't she the web doing much to help.

Though I guess that could work if Sue was busy with something else while he goes contain some enemy while she's busy, but that's kind of a specific situation that shouldn't happen too often.

The thing Spidey would offer the most for the team is how he's a jack of all trades with his power set, since every other members "specializes" in something with their power and skills, Spidey is more flexible, though with a team like F4, I don't know how useful that'd be.

Anyways, I guess some combinations of Spidey's webs with Reed's powers could work, combining them to web some hard to reach place, but it's kind of hard to come across a situation like that, and I don't even know how to use that without just giving Reed a web shooter, so yeah, it's complicated lol.

Sue using her forcefields to give Spidey platforms to leap and swing off of in an open environment sounds like a logical way to synergize them. Also, don't forget having Ben perform the good old Fastball Special with Spidey, who would be the character most suited for being the "ball".

I also imagine that Spider-Man, now a member of the Fantastic Four and living in the Baxter Building while working very closely with Reed, will being packing a lot more advanced technology than just the webshooters. Basically, you know all the cool tech in the Spider-Man PS4 game? Imagine him having all that in the comics and it's not just a temporary set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Sue using her forcefields to give Spidey platforms to leap and swing off of in an open environment sounds like a logical way to synergize them.
    Hm, well, can she make them visible for Spidey to see where he's throwing the web?

Then again, maybe Spider-Sense could help with that...

Also, don't forget having Ben perform the good old Fastball Special with Spidey, who would be the character most suited for being the "ball".
    Nah, that wouldn't work.

(Venom#19)

I also imagine that Spider-Man, now a member of the Fantastic Four and living in the Baxter Building while working very closely with Reed, will being packing a lot more advanced technology than just the webshooters. Basically, you know all the cool tech in the Spider-Man PS4 game? Imagine him having all that in the comics and it's not just a temporary set up.
    Hm, comics like to maintain status quo, so at best that'd be a temporary thing that would be forgotten soon enough, I don't see it sticking.

Not sure about him living in the Baxter Building too (Assuming they got it back in Slott's run, since it was sold), he did it back in New Avengers more out of need, otherwise, he seems to prefer to take care of himself, though that could get in the way of him being a ready member... There are interesting stories that could come out of that.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Something related which I thought long ago: what if Peter and Johnny swapped powers? We've seen it with Peter and Kamala, and Reed swapped Sue's and Johnny's powers before. Imagine the chaos!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Haha, that was pretty good. Still, they'd probably practice all the maneuvers in their training to maximize effectiveness. There'd be a whole subplot where they have to adjust their tactics to fit Spidey's skillset and consider that they no longer have fire or aerial support on their side.

Anyways, the question is Spider-Man permanently replacing Johnny after he dies, so we must consider all the ramifications. If this happened, a lot of what happened in the '10s would likely be very different from what we know, as Jack listed in the first page. Basically, Hickman would not only control the FF, but he'd have the run of the Spider-Office that all Spider-writers like Slott would have to answer to, because to replace Johnny with Spidey as a permanent thing... you'd have to integrate him well for people to accept it. Can't just make him minimal for the benefit of Slott. No, you'd have to go all out, and develop him as a true part of the FF, one that will stick.

The way I see it, this change wouldn't be for the better, as said it would be too drastic to consider outside of "What If" scenarios like this one. However, if Status Quo wasn't God, and Spidey really did take Johnny's spot because Johnny was permanently dead, they'd heavily write him as a successor. In this case, I think it's possible to get fans to accept it, even if they wouldn't necessarily prefer it.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Sue using her forcefields to give Spidey platforms to leap and swing off of in an open environment sounds like a logical way to synergize them. Also, don't forget having Ben perform the good old Fastball Special with Spidey, who would be the character most suited for being the "ball".
    I actually think that Ben would work better as the "ball" with Spidey webbing him and swinging him around a bit to gain some momentum before launching him. After all, Ben is a lot tankier than Peter so he can take the impact and still dish out a lot of damage.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I actually think that Ben would work better as the "ball" with Spidey webbing him and swinging him around a bit to gain some momentum before launching him. After all, Ben is a lot tankier than Peter so he can take the impact and still dish out a lot of damage.
    That's a good point. However, it would depend on the situation given their body types and specialties.

Basically:

If they need a fast, precise fastball that hits like a bullet and can be done in an instant: Ben throws Spidey
    If they need a large, hard-hitting fastball that hits like a bomb and they have the extra time to charge it: Spidey launches Ben.

It just depends on how much time they have, and what they need to throw at what enemy. Both seem applicable, but differently.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    So Valeria needs a team. One with her, Shuri, Victorious, Miles Morales, Valkyrie.
    Oh yeah. Maybe add in Valeria von Doom, is she still around? I liked her in Claremont's Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I mean, wouldn't it be better if Ben jumped by himself? Since he's way stronger than Spidey, he'd be able to go fartherm would move faster too.

Although Spidey still could throw him, like let's say, chasing an enemy, and then throw Ben, but I don't think there'd be much of a point in Spidey throwing him in a "normal" situation.

Ben throwing Spidey could also help him with mobility if he combines being the ball with his webs, that way he could keep momentum, and/or dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I mean, wouldn't it be better if Ben jumped by himself? Since he's way stronger than Spidey, he'd be able to go fartherm would move faster too.

Although Spidey still could throw him, like let's say, chasing an enemy, and then throw Ben, but I don't think there'd be much of a point in Spidey throwing him in a "normal" situation.

Ben throwing Spidey could also help him with mobility if he combines being the ball with his webs, that way he could keep momentum, and/or dodge.
    Ben never came off to me as a mobile type, at least when I read it certainly isn't emphasized much. I feel like Spidey launching him as like a cannonball would be effective. Spidey could easily do it too. Sure, he might not be as strong as Ben, but Ben canonically weighs 500 pounds -- heavy, but not anywhere close to maxing out Spidey's strength by any stretch.

I think the biggest problem is that he doesn't bring much to the team. Johnny has the fire, the light, welding... flying... things that are his.... IF peter takes his place, what does he bring?

He's really strong.... but not as strong as Thing.

He's really smart... but as smart as Reed.

He has super strong webbing that create constructs, nets, and capture things... which are nothing compared to Sues Forcefields...

Even his flippant immaturity is usually covered by Johhny so he's not a good replacement for any of the other three either.

By himself He's practically a one man Fantastic Four... but joining the team? He's kind of related to backup redundancy... He makes for some fun guest appearances, but he needs a team that he actually brings something that they don't have covered.

He brings in agility, wall-crawling, spidey-sense, and intuition, which are definitely valuable things.

He brings in agility, wall-crawling, spidey-sense, and intuition, which are definitely valuable things.
    Agility is nice... but Mr. Fantastic is pretty flexible, and can reach anywhere that wall crawling is necessary... Spider-sense is usually a personal power with him barely able to shout a warning... Intuition is part of what makes him, him... but again, mr. Fantastic usually fakes that with his brilliant mind coming to whatever wild conclusion is needed...

I just don't see the Fantastic Four sitting in a death trap on an alien world saying 'If only someone could climb walls...."

Nightcrawler gets away with his agiilty and wall crawling on a team... because it doesn't really overlap with the others. He's fairly unique there.

Extraordinary Member

Reed would have intelligent conversations with someone besides his daughter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Reed would have intelligent conversations with someone besides his daughter.
    And Doom. Let's not forget the true 5th member of the FF