Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default What do you want/expect from the 22 Film MCU release in 2020?

After Avengers 4, Disney will release a UHD collection including all 22 MCU movies that made up the current Phases. What do you want to see in this collection?

For me, I want...

0. Everyone realizes that marvel movies color grading is muddy and ugly and purposeful washes out any true blacks. Everything looks great on my OLED 4K HDR TV except for MCU movies. This is why this video talking about this already has 3 Million Views... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hpWYtXtmEFQ

The one and only glorious exception to this is Guardians of Galaxy Vol. 2. I really hope that the inevitable three phase 4K UHD MCU collection fixes the color gradients so that they use true inky blacks and HDR colors. I would happily spend a $1000 for such a collection but I wont buy it at all if they dont fix this issue. The only reason I buy 4K UHD discs and bought an OLED is for inky blacks and HDR colors and the MCU doesnt utilize either in most of its films. I actually fell asleep the second time I was watching Captain Marvel because the colors (until the last 10 minutes) were so muted and washed out. The movie itself was great (hence why I went for a second viewing) but the color pallete until the final set piece was so dull and boring.

1. All UHD films need to be remastered from the original 12K film source down to 4K instead of upscaling the 2K digital prints. Since you're starting with a 12K film source, use a 16:9 aspect ratio since 16:9 (1.777:1) is a perfect midpoint between IMAX screens (1.43:1) and traditional film aspect ratios (1.85:1 or 2.35:1). If not 1.777, use at least the 1.85:1 film aspect ratio so that black bars are minimal and the tv screens are filled as much as possible.

2. Use high quality materials that are resistant to damage/dents for the container. Make the container a highly detailed Infinity Gauntlet replica as suggested by Jbmasta below and I'll pay $800 for it!

3. Don't bother including Blu Ray copies, instead include a digital 4K redemption code.

4. Charge $499 or less for the collection (you can charge more only if it comes in a highly detailed Infinity Gauntlet replica). And make the set enticing enough that atleast a million hardcore fans (just a small fraction of the number of people that watched and loved the Marvel films) would go pick it up. That would translate to $500-800 million dollars in profit for Disney, which is no small potatoes.

5. Fix as many continuity errors as possible, for example...

a. Edit the 8 years later caption in Spider Man Homecoming to instead say 6 years later.
    b. Edit the caption in GOTG describing Gamora as the "Last Survivor of the Zehobari People" to instead say "Survivor of the Zehobari Massacre" since Thanos specifically tells us that the Zehobari people are now thriving after he massacred half their population.
    c. Perhaps refer to Terrance Howard in Iron Man 1 as Ben Crandal (another close friend of Tony Stark) instead of Rhodes (or some other way to indicate that he is a different person than the one we see in all subsequent films).
    d. Make the Collection in such a way that it would be easy for fans to pull out The Incredible Hulk from the collection (and maybe replace it with a disc for a future MCU movie) without it being apparent that the film is missing or was swapped out. Do this, because the Hulk movie wrecks continuity completely by using a different actor, was the crappiest movie in the MCU anyways, and is by no means essential to the story told through the MCU universe.
    e. Fix any other continuity errors that fans have pointed out to Disney. Directors fix errors all the time in Director's Cuts, there's no reason Disney can't do the same to please the fans that will give them another $500-800 million dollars for this box set.
    Last edited by Wikoogle; 03-17-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Bloopers
    cast commentary
    interviews with production staff, specifically costume and set

In what way is incredible hulk the crappiest movie in the mcu? It's better than iron man 2, Thor 2 iron man 3. I hate that there was a change in actors between incredible hulk and avengers but I still love the movie.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Bloopers
    cast commentary
    Absolutely.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    In what way is incredible hulk the crappiest movie in the mcu? It's better than iron man 2, Thor 2 iron man 3. I hate that there was a change in actors between incredible hulk and avengers but I still love the movie.
    It took itself way too seriously and was super boring. It was the only MCU move that I ever fell asleep while watching, and it happened multiple times. And you actually lose nothing important by dumping it. Iron Man 2 and 3 had Downey and Mickey Rourke and lots of fun moments that actually make them far more entertaining even if the plot has some issues.

Even if you look at it objectively, Hulk is tied with Thor 2 as the worst rated MCU movie while every other MCU movie averages a full grade level higher. Thor 2 atleast didn't have a massive continuity error and it also has some significant plot relevance in regards to introducing the Reality Stone/Aether and also to Loki and Odin's character arcs so it's worth a watch. If Thor 2 featured some random actor as Thor instead of Chris and no introduction to an Infinity Stone, I would happily have dumped it from the box set as well.
    Last edited by Wikoogle; 04-28-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

If there isn't an Infinity Gauntlet shaped Blu-Ray set I'll need to seek out the Reality Stone and make it myself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Bloopers
    cast commentary
    Cast commentaries are a lot of fun because you get stories from the set/recording studio and it's another perspective. They also have the most insight into their character. Chris Pratt's on the commentary for The Lego Movie, and it is awesome. At one point they call up co-star Elizabeth Banks, who was at Subway at the time. Such fun.

The team who designed Asgard would be great interviewee material. Seeing how it was conceptualised and realised, along with the costumes, would be a treat. Wakanda as well.

Of course the biggest task would be getting Natalie Portman in for an interview, considering she hasn't appeared since Thor The Dark World nearly five years ago and has made no interest in returning. No, wait, it would be tougher getting Christopher Eccleston (Malekith in The Dark World), since he's averse to returning to roles. He took minimal part in the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who, despite playing the title role at a crucial point.

Add in a documentary retrospectively looking at each film behind the scenes and on screen, and how it evolves the MCU. Iron Man's behind the scenes would be fascinating, and even the less liked films would be of interest to delve into. Could be a documentary for each film. Character evolution as well.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Some more stories that can actually take the characters to the next level.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

It's not a continuity error. Its a damn good movie. In a world where people complain that the marvel movies are just joke factories, you want to get rid of the most serious movie. You are coming off as super intitled asking them to edit their movies just to please a few obsessive fanboys.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Having to recast an actor isn't a continuity error. Jeez.

And if the movie is so inconsequential story wise, just don't watch it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Having to recast an actor isn't a continuity error. Jeez.

And if the movie is so inconsequential story wise, just don't watch it.
    I am not planning to. But I would actually prefer to just pretend it didn’t happen altogether.

For me, that means that I will want to remove it from the collection and possibly replace it with the UHD of whatever movie comes out immediately after Avengers 4. Defending on how the box set is designed, that should be pretty easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    It's not a continuity error. Its a damn good movie. In a world where people complain that the marvel movies are just joke factories, you want to get rid of the most serious movie. You are coming off as super intitled asking them to edit their movies just to please a few obsessive fanboys.
    Yay! I’m not the only one who likes this film! It was fine, I will say personally I liked Iron Man 3 better but I agree with it being over the other films you mentioned earlier.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Spectacular Member

Back to my earlier question, what are your wishes for this inevitable boxset?

How much would you be willing to pay for it if it met all your wishes?

Didn’t mean to derail the thread with a discussion about the merits of the Hulk. I never said I don’t want the movie included in the collection. All I said was that I want the collection designed in such a way that it would be a simple task for me to remove The Hulk from it and replace it with another future MCU movie. This won’t have any effect on anyone that wants to keep the film in their collection.

Either way I’m glad they did it. It’s very true to his character. He’s not classically heroic at all. He and Rocket lie and steal, act impulsively and screw over others to get what they want all the damn time. So it makes sense that he was the one that screwed up the plan.
    Last edited by Wikoogle; 04-30-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wikoogle View Post
    Back to my earlier question, what are your wishes for this inevitable boxset?

How much would you be willing to pay for it if it met all your wishes?
    New Marvel One-Shots.

I probably wouldn't be willing to pay for it (unless if you let me cheat and say wish number one, it's free). Otherwise, it's likely just too expensive for me.

I would like for it to dispense Shawarma
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.