Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

With the exception of how Thanos was handled, I enjoyed the 90's run of Waid & Kubert. Priest's run was also very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    With the exception of how Thanos was handled, I enjoyed the 90's run of Waid & Kubert. Priest's run was also very interesting.
    how many issues did C. Priest write of Ka-Zar?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I liked the former, dropped it during the latter's run. I may have stayed with it -- if Kubert hadn't left.

I am amazed this run isn't getting more good word of mouth. The work Jones and Anderson did on this was extraordinary and brought Ka-Zar and Shanna to new levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how many issues did C. Priest write of Ka-Zar?
    Shockingly, Priest only wrote three whole issues and an upside-down back-up preview (#14):

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ka-Zar_Vol_3_14

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ka-Zar_Vol_3_15

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ka-Zar_Vol_3_16

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ka-Zar_Vol_3_17

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I liked the former, dropped it during the latter's run. I may have stayed with it -- if Kubert hadn't left.
    Agreed, Kubert is irreplaceable. But, I might be one of the few who liked the artwork of Kenny Martinez.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-02-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I am amazed this run isn't getting more good word of mouth. The work Jones and Anderson did on this was extraordinary and brought Ka-Zar and Shanna to new levels.

Well, those inspired Waid's run -- which was very good, but wouldn't have existed without the Jones/Anderson run.

Ka-Zar the Savage is pretty great. Ka-Zar can be such a fun character if the creators working on him care enough about him, but a lot of the time he's played as a generic Tarzan knockoff. Of course, he IS a Tarzan knockoff, but so many characters are lifted from earlier incarnations so it's not inherently bad. In my opinion, the "savage jungle hero" genre or sub-genre, has so much potential and you can have endless amounts of fun in that sandbox, but it can also be the worst kind of pulp corniness that can turn people off. It really depends on who's telling the story. Tarzan may be the OG, but Ka-Zar has something Tarzan doesn't, and that's the Savage Land. You can literally tell ANY kind of story in the Savage Land, the possibilities are endless. I wish Ka-Zar had a creative team that was actually into the jungle hero story and swords and sorcery, I'd love that book. Conan is back and popular again, Ka-Zar could have a place if Marvel found the right team.

Am I the only one who never really loved Shanna? I'd be happier if Ka-Zar had new adventures without her.
    Last edited by Doombot; 02-26-2020 at 09:47 AM.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Andy Kubert!!!

While agonizing over her relationship with Kevin, Shanna is attacked by Parnival Plunder's men.

From Ka-Zar #7. Art by Andy Kubert https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...y-andy-kubert/
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 03-20-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Totally awesome, man.I was beginning to think I was one of the only ones who digs Ka-Zar on here. Ka-Zar, & Zabu are freaking awesome, and Shana is hot! Got in to Ka-Zar about two or three years agoas one the dudes at the comic book store said I would probably like Ka-Zar a lot. He then showed me Issue #1 of Ka-Zar The Savage (1981), and I haven't looked back since. I then went back got all the issues of the 1974 run of Ka-Zar and the 2011 Ka-Zar run. I don't have the 20 issue 1997 run.

Since I loved Ka-Zar I went and got all 5 issues of DC's (1975) Kong The Untamed and also 6 issues of DC's (1975) Tor. Also loved Zabu in Pet Avengers.

I'd love a Ka-Zar/ Savage Land ongoing.

BANNED

Ka-Zar is a great character but I feel there's never been a defining run. I'd love a new MAX type series that focuses on him and the mysteries of the Savage Land.

I recently tried out Agents of Wakanda because Ka-Zar was supposed to be in it, but sadly he was barely in the book...

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    You can literally tell ANY kind of story in the Savage Land, the possibilities are endless. I wish Ka-Zar had a creative team that was actually into the jungle hero story and swords and sorcery, I'd love that book.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Am I the only one who never really loved Shanna? I'd be happier if Ka-Zar had new adventures without her.
    You're not the only one hahaha

EMPYRE: AVENGERS #3

JIM ZUB (W), CARLOS MAGNO (A), COVER BY PAUL RENAUD

VARIANT COVER BY PACO MEDINA

Earth's Mightiest Heroes are caught in a conflict against nature itself as the soul of the Savage Land hangs in the balance. Guest-starring Ka-Zar, Shanna the She-Devil and the macabre Man-Thing!

BANNED

IMO Frank Cho is to be hired to provide the art for a 2-issue Ka-Zar and Shanna limited series.