Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Can I hope that Johns makes a return?

(Is that wrong? I think he didn’t get to fulfill his potential [or the DCU’s] because of certain forces against him.)

I think WB, at this point, have effectively conveyed that there Green Lanterns of many races and ethnicities .
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    People as in the parents of kids who watch Justice League and saw a black GL. The same black GL that was made into merchandise that was sold in Target & Wal-Mart. The general public who don't waste time in comic book stores are going to go by what they see on the shelves and in tv.

From 1986-2011-Hal Jordan was MIA in mainstream media. WHOSE FAULT IS THAT?
    If stuff with Hal was comic book store exclusives and never sniff Wal-mart-WHOSE FAULT IS THAT?
    If you had ZERO stuff in the mainstream public that made it 100% clear that John Stewart was one of MANY GLs beyond their cameo on Superman with Kyle-WHOSE FAULT IS THAT?

DC COMICS is to blame. Because they did NOT do their JOB to EDUCATE the public. The public's knowledge is limited to what they SEE-generally.
    What would you have had them do beyond establishing there is more then one Green Lantern every time multiple GL's popped up on JL/JLU? Have the GL spot be rotating? I doubt John fans would've wanted that.

I hope that fans of each generation of heroes gets to see their favorites shine. There should be room for all.

BANNED

IF I'm Mr. WB Man or Mr. AT&T...

Anyone who gets in the way of, and/or fails to support the black Green Lantern right after he has been successfully mass marketed, because they want to do a white one for a reason I don't care about, would be fired.

Anyone who wants to present a black Batman right after a (let's assume) successfully mass marketed white Batman would be fired.

If DiDio did/wants to do that, I have no real sympathy for him, because, in my mind, he's just dumb, and does not have good business sense toward growing these brands and giving audiences what they're looking for. He was presenting conflicting images to what people are looking for and expecting.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 02-25-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    IF I'm Mr. WB Man or Mr. AT&T...

Anyone who gets in the way of, and/or fails to support the black Green Lantern right after he has been successfully mass marketed, because they want to do a white one for a reason I don't care about, would be fired.

Anyone who wants to present a black Batman right after a (let's assume) successfully mass marketed white Batman would be fired.

If DiDio did/wants to do that, I have no real sympathy for him, because, in my mind, he's just dumb, and does not have good business sense toward growing these brands and giving audiences what they're looking for. He was presenting conflicting images to what people are looking for and expecting.
    I don't think complete corporate synergy should be seen as ideal, because I don't think you should limit people creatively like that, but I can understand wanting to go full court press on promoting a character that was a hit with audiences in one avenue or another.

So John got that treatment, Hal did, and now it's arguably Jessica's turn.

I just want good stories
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Perhaps as long as it took them to come up with New52.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Mythic storytelling.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I hope that fans of each generation of heroes gets to see their favorites shine. There should be room for all.
    I think it's fair to say that's probably the dream scenario for everyone across the board. Hope it gets closer to reality.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Mythic storytelling.
    I was going to say... Hopes and dreams are far too strong to be used for this. Then I remembered. ^This^

Shame that everything gets in the way of the only thing that really matters. I'm here for the Mythic Storytelling.

The heroes journey. The story of man. The Modern myths. The things I actually put in my sig.

I'd like to see more of that.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

I hope they continue with Black Label. It’s been a breath of fresh air. Basically if someone has an interesting story to tell they can make it happen. No continuity and no specific “house style” of art.

Jaime Reyes gets to be on a team book. His solo series don’t sell well but he’s one of the very few relatively well known Hispanic comic book characters. I wish DC would realize what they have culturally.
    Last edited by Robotman; 02-26-2020 at 12:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The usual.

If it's a shared universe with a timeline, keep it consistent.
    If someone wants an ego trip give them the Black Label or something. The mainline shared universe is for people who can respect the lore and build on it, not going off on their own.

Expand the kids and youth line, they already starting so it's good... but make it black and white monthly of 180 pages, in other words, manga format, while you're at it.

No more deaths. If you want to make it canon that people experience death and rebirth yearly, make the characters react accordingly. Joke about it, go numb or go insane, whichever's more fitting to each character.

Let go of New 52 style hierarchy where the story centered in Justice League and trickle down in importance to Justice League members slash Family head and finally the family member. That system doesn't make me want to buy family member titles because I know they're gonna be suffering the trickle-down consequences of the higher-level title, usually by having their storyline interrupted or outright canceled because they have to follow events.

Let each title and each character grow, and if Wally or Nightwing got bigger than Batman or Flash then so be it. Follow the money, not what you think things should be.

Even if I don't like it, even if I'm bored with Batman, Joker, and Harley, I won't begrudge you for following it because that makes sense for business, but if I find out you're canceling titles that are selling fine, I'm gonna... rant online as usual.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 02-26-2020 at 01:01 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Wally, dick and titans being treated right.
    Jon being turned back.

Speaking of Jessica, will fans of DC Super Hero Girls or that animated movie that had Jessica in it be confused when we get another Green Lantern movie and it stars one of the male Lanterns?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I mostly just hope he's not replaced by some AT&T stooge and there are still be some variety in who gets books.