Default Classic Dr. Strange vs. Thor, Magneto & Invisible Woman

All 616. Classic Thor with Mjolnir.

New York City under a God-proof forcefield.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

How long would it take Strange to place Maggie and Sue under a sleep spell? (I assume Thor's constitution would allow him to resist any kind of tranquilizer spell.)

And is this Classic Thor, whose Mjolnir had time-powers? I don't know if Classic Thor has ever used Mjolnir's time-powers to reverse a time-freeze, though. Too much time spent stomping storm giants to bother to acquire the trick, I'd guess.

Time-freeze win for Classic Strange? Or he sleep-spells Sue and Maggie and dukes it out with Thor?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

These are three pretty rough customers. On the other hand, Classic Strange's basic shield spells stand off planets exploding in his face with enough force to propel him through the cosmos at superluminal speeds. I feel that will give him enough time to get the good stuff up and running.

And no, they're not messing with the electricity in his head, the blood in his body, or putting force bubbles in his brain. Autoshields stop that.

Once Strange's empowered shields are going, it takes someone on the level of Dormammu to just bust through them (well, I'm sure people weaker than the Dorm could manage, but it would be a hell of a lot of work), and even Furnace Face needs to actually put in effort to do so. If the Dorm needs to work, this group is going to have to work harder and longer to get through Stephen's shields, if they even can. And if it's taking them more time to get through the shields, Strange has more than enough of a breather to start with the serious offensive incantations, at which point things just go right downhill for the group.

Or, you know, he can just fire off the Images of Ikonn, and now Thor doesn't even know where to point the God-Blast any more. In the meantime, Strange is invisible, intangible, and possibly hiding his body somewhere wrapped up in supernova-defying Crimson Bands, then heading back to fight in Astral form.

Sure, he's weaker in Astral form. So weak that he can only fiddle with stars and make them go supernova.

I think he'll manage.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 02-25-2020 at 12:25 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Well, when you put it like that... :P

Dude is pretty beastly.

Not that it particularly matters in this fight, but how well would we say a defense maxing Strange would do against a God Blast? Like, let's say he isn't allowed to avoid it. He has to tank it but has time to amp up. Is it doable?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Well, when you put it like that... :P

Dude is pretty beastly.

Not that it particularly matters in this fight, but how well would we say a defense maxing Strange would do against a God Blast? Like, let's say he isn't allowed to avoid it. He has to tank it but has time to amp up. Is it doable?
    What has the Godblast done?

Defenses almost maxed out Strange (Crimson Bands created by Astral Form) has pretty handily stood off a supernova blowing up in his face. More or less everything else comes down to 'how he has managed against other people'.

With his defenses maxed out, Strange has managed not to fold against Dormammu. His Shields of the Seraphim have held well enough against an effectively bloodlusted Surfer (under someone else's control). Etc.

Would he want to just stand in front of a God Blast? Probably not.

Would it be enough to shatter his best shields and outright kill him? I don't know, but I would guess 'Probably not.' We're talking about both Strange and Thor pulling out their best stuff, taking the time to work up their most powerful attacks/defenses.

But really, I'm unsure. What has the Godblast managed, and what does it mean (saying 'It killed this guy' doesn't tell me much unless I know what 'that guy' has endured... ^_^)?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

It cracked open the protective head dome of Exitar, the Celestial.

Actually overpowered Juggernauts "can't be stopped" thing and pushed him backwards back during his "classic cain" days.

Drove back a starving Galactus who was tired from fighting Ego.

...killed Durok who previously was ignoring his best non god blast shots. Some silly circumstances to this one.
    - big_adventure