Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's been a long while since I've watched the episodes but I thought one of the most devastating things the Trio ever did was when they altered the rate of Buffy's passage through time so, basically, she was almost a statue for all practical purposes while everyone around her was a blur to her. It was kind of sad that, when it wore off, nobody was there trying to help her since it happened in a park, I think. You'd think someone would wonder why this poor girl is barely moving and that maybe they should call an ambulance. Ironically, the episode seemed to brush it off as some sort of parlor trick when it would be fatal had the Trio been trying to kill her at the time.

Granted Strange would likely be unaffected though it would totally work on Stark.

Then you've got Jonathan's reality warping, as you said. It wouldn't work in the arena but, with prep and this being a scenario, he may well just create a world where Stark and Strange worship him. I'm not sure if MCU Strange has feats of shrugging off mind control.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    It's been a long while since I've watched the episodes but I thought one of the most devastating things the Trio ever did was when they altered the rate of Buffy's passage through time so, basically, she was almost a statue for all practical purposes while everyone around her was a blur to her. It was kind of sad that, when it wore off, nobody was there trying to help her since it happened in a park, I think. You'd think someone would wonder why this poor girl is barely moving and that maybe they should call an ambulance. Ironically, the episode seemed to brush it off as some sort of parlor trick when it would be fatal had the Trio been trying to kill her at the time.

Granted Strange would likely be unaffected though it would totally work on Stark.

Then you've got Jonathan's reality warping, as you said. It wouldn't work in the arena but, with prep and this being a scenario, he may well just create a world where Stark and Strange worship him. I'm not sure if MCU Strange has feats of shrugging off mind control.
    Why wouldn't a time loop work on Strange? He doesnt have the Stone for starters. Secondly, Kaecilius was channeling Dark Dimension energy so I dont think we can hand wave feats.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The biggest thing in this thread is that we're supposed to take the Trio seriously yet they get their asses beaten by the scoobys (Dark willow really was overkill) ans Stark/Strange is on a whole other level

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The biggest thing in this thread is that we're supposed to take the Trio seriously yet they get their asses beaten by the scoobys (Dark willow really was overkill) ans Stark/Strange is on a whole other level
    It's called CIS/PIS

CIS, sure, but the trio was usually played for comic relief, which for practical purposes meant that their tech tended to be unstable and unreliable. That's a potential problem in a rumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    CIS, sure, but the trio was usually played for comic relief, which for practical purposes meant that their tech tended to be unstable and unreliable. That's a potential problem in a rumble.
    When Jonathan cast the spell that rewrote reality and made him everyone's hero, Adam was immune and said he wasn't going to do anything about it because those kinds of spells are unstable and eventually break down. But that took weeks, apparently. That's plenty of time for Jonathan to win by a ten count or default when Stark and Strange surrender to him.

Likewise with the time manipulation which was *said" to be just an annoying trick but that's not what was shown. What we actually saw was devastating and could have easily been fatal.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member

Tony: "Bored now" *Blows The Trio into little tiny pieces*

At least it's a better fate for them than what Dark Willow did.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do you feel Stark would manage against the Trio KJS?

Invisible, undetectable, flying reality warpers with time manipulation abilities being pretty potent threats and all that.
    I think he'd lose, personally - it's why I made the third fight whereby he teams up with Strange - but I wanted others' opinions. And I certainly didn't want it dismissing so simply ("the trio get stomped" etc), which is why I pointed out in the opening post that underestimating them was both a common and silly thing to do.
    Last edited by KJS; 02-28-2020 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Tony: "Bored now" *Blows The Trio into little tiny pieces*

At least it's a better fate for them than what Dark Willow did.
    Again, why would Stark do this if he's worshipping them?

Even if the answer is "his armours would do it", they generally require instructions. Why would he instruct them to do it if he's worshipping them? And could his weapons get through mystical shielding in the time required for them to activate other spells/shenanigans?

If Strange has the Time Stone (again, even having been here for 15 years or so, I'm still not 100% sure how Rumbles works in that regard), it's a different matter - and that, for me, was the most interesting thing about this.

Can the Trio's reality-warping + spells + comparatively inferior time manipulation overcome Strange's more intricate manipulation of time?