Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The MCU is their golden goose right until some bombs nothing is changing.
    Which is coming sooner than later, but LucusFilms is the one that’s in more jeopardy right now. I can see big changes at LF before the year is up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Which is coming sooner than later, but LucusFilms is the one that’s in more jeopardy right now. I can see big changes at LF before the year is up.
    Agreed, I think Star Wars needs to go back to what their original strategy and audience was, teenagers. Disney made them adopt a strategy that aimed star wars at kids and it has harmed the franchise as it forces directors to focus less on storyline and development and more on what is going to sell toys and merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Yes, it led to the saturation of the market. The Star Wars Franchise has become too saturated to be anything good. Look how Solo bombed at the box office.
    Look how TROS didn't. Granted, it didn't go over budget, have a troubled production, and poor marketing, but what the heck, right?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Look how TROS didn't. Granted, it didn't go over budget, have a troubled production, and poor marketing, but what the heck, right?
    While I have come to like Solo allot more overtime, but I remember seeing it when it came out and IMO it’s release date was another, not the only, but in my experience a major reason why it did not do as well.

It was too soon after Avengers: Infinity War came out.

Solo just seem to small and not as important, AIW was a phenomenon that took over the discourse around movies for a good time.

They should have kept Solo to the regular Christmas time releasing.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    While I have come to like Solo allot more overtime, but I remember seeing it when it came out and IMO it’s release date was another, not the only, but in my experience a major reason why it did not do as well.

It was too soon after Avengers: Infinity War came out.

Solo just seem to small and not as important, AIW was a phenomenon that took over the discourse around movies for a good time.

They should have kept Solo to the regular Christmas time releasing.
    Aquaman, Bumblebee, Mary Poppins Returns (Another Disney Film to boot), and Into the Spiderverse Christmas 2018 was packed and Solo IMO would had done even worst that Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    ....except he planned to step down in 2016 and literally stayed on to ensure the Fox/Disney merger went ok. But please, continue to show your bias.
    is that why he was voted out cause of lack of confidence?
    rumor goes 12:1 or something
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    x 4 with the Sequel trilogy, and Rogue One. They got their investment back very quickly from LucasArts.
    so they paid 4 billion and made roughly 5.8 billion from the movies. so, the actors, cam guys, marketing people, high ups, set folks all worked for free?
    well yes, then you made roughly 2 billion.
    but what share of this income went to disney?

so movies alone, they might have made 600 million profit if each movie cost around 250 million. if all that income went to disney---
    but then there are also many hidden costs they wonīt make public. and a company like disney does mixed calculation, theyīd might expect star wars to make enough money to fund and boost other projects.
    marketing costs should not be in production costs, so the profit would be even smaller
    i hope we agree that creating a product is from imagining the thing till it is ready for distribution as a finished product. ergo marketing costs are added up on top of production costs

i donīt have numbers on the merchandise (pyjamas to lunchboxes), but i know that the knights of ren didnīt get action figures, cause the license holder thought it was bad business. for a star wars movie...

so the actually profit appears to be slim at best. only thing that would turn that around would be franchising ...
    Last edited by abulafia; 02-27-2020 at 03:00 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    is that why he was voted out cause of lack of confidence?
    rumor goes 12:1 or something
    You'll need to provide citation for this "rumor."

i just fail to understand, how you guys fail to understand, that a company like disney wonīt settle with less.
    they might have sold a gazillion star wars lunchboxes in 2016 and TFA made 2 billion and you expect them that this will make them PROJECT LESS PROFIT in the future?
    no they donīt. and every accomplished business person should aim higher and work their aīs off to get the best operating creative team to accomplish that.
    and that did not happen. or the direction for these fine creative persons lacked.
    but the outcome is underwhelming. objectively. subjectively it is darn horrible.

star wars is to celebrate cinema, astonishing fantasy stories, which push the boundries onwards.
    and that is what all 8 new star wars movies have failed at. if you settle with less, well that your choice.
    iīll always have my head canon. thx to all the involved people providing that input

And we don't understand how you fail to understand that you stating something doesn't make it true? You have a lot of rumors and theories but no actual evidence to back them up.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    And we don't understand how you fail to understand that you stating something doesn't make it true? You have a lot of rumors and theories but no actual evidence to back them up.
    well, it ainīt a rumor that RoS made 139 million less than TPM.
    TRoS made a THOUSAND million less than TFA.
    and i am not even obsessed with numbers, it is a horrible movie also.

You're definitely obsessed with something. You're talking about your personal feelings and I actually provided proof from people in the actual industry, who know what they're talking about.
    Disappointment doesn't equate to abandonment. Disney has made money off of SW and it's been a great investment for them, period. Your whining about the ST won't change that. Sorry.

And this wasn't even a "firing." He's retiring, on his own terms lol you really don't have anything that supports your theories here.

Saying Iger is leaving the CEO position because of SW is like saying Disney bought Fox for the X-Men and FF it's not about our silly little Fandoms Disney is bigger than that and Iger as CEO is leaving on a high note arguably not since Walt has the Head of Disney left the company this prosperous.