Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    And this wasn't even a "firing." He's retiring, on his own terms lol you really don't have anything that supports your theories here.
    that is called "damage control"

so, if you compare the trilogies to a production series, letīs say cars, what company would settle with such a decline without going on high alert?
    i have done the math for you on purchase, production costs, marketing costs, movies income, excluding merchandise income.
    Last edited by abulafia; 02-27-2020 at 04:46 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    that is called "damage control"
    Prove it. If a company fires you, they don't keep you on for another 2 years after it happens lol

Prove it. If a company fires you, they don't keep you on for another 2 years after it happens lol
    of course they do. too big to fail? you donīt tell all of your investors, that your recent, current and future strategy was considered a total failure. you put the person responsible (IGER) where he can do less damage and tell unicorns and rainbows on your new direction
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Astonishing Member

of course they do. too big to fail? you donīt tell all of your investors, that your recent, current and future strategy was considered a total failure. you put the person responsible (IGER) where he can do less damage and tell unicorns and rainbows on your new direction
    That's speculation, you haven't proven anything.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 02-27-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Disney films made 13 Billion dollars last year and Disney+ had more sign ups than even predicated. Iger wasn't fired or let go.

Ultimate Member

What failures?

So I am in investor-I want to know what are all these failures you keep screaming about.

Because when I look at Disney....

13 Marvel films and not one has FLOPPED.

1 movie starring a black cast made billion and won 3 Oscars-at a time when folks would not try to invest in a black cast super hero movie.

1 female lead movie NOT starring an icon like Wonder Woman made a billion despite a movement to make it flop.

2 movies starring a FAILED character who played with Ants.

2 movies starring a collection of Z LISTERS called Guardians of the Galaxy.

3 Star Wars movie all making a billion DESPITE flaws (see Finn).

A Baby Yoda that is going to make TONS of money in merchandise.

A money maker in the waiting called Moon Girl

Disney Plus

Luke Cage, Runaways, Jessica Jones, Punisher, Daredevil, Falcon & Winter Soldier and others saw tv shows.

Where are these failures at? Or is the failure that Marvel did not PANDER to certain fandoms the real issue?

That they did this instead of write a HUGE check to Fox to get X-Men EARLIER?

That they did this instead of FLOODING the market with certain stars like DC. Instead their TRASH beat up DC.

As for why is Iger still there under a different role-I would pay him to stay home versus letting him go and Warner Brothers getting him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    What failures?

So I am in investor-I want to know what are all these failures you keep screaming about.

Because when I look at Disney....

13 Marvel films and not one has FLOPPED.

1 movie starring a black cast made billion and won 3 Oscars-at a time when folks would not try to invest in a black cast super hero movie.

1 female lead movie NOT starring an icon like Wonder Woman made a billion despite a movement to make it flop.

2 movies starring a FAILED character who played with Ants.

2 movies starring a collection of Z LISTERS called Guardians of the Galaxy.

3 Star Wars movie all making a billion DESPITE flaws (see Finn).

A Baby Yoda that is going to make TONS of money in merchandise.

A money maker in the waiting called Moon Girl

Disney Plus

Luke Cage, Runaways, Jessica Jones, Punisher, Daredevil, Falcon & Winter Soldier and others saw tv shows.

Where are these failures at? Or is the failure that Marvel did not PANDER to certain fandoms the real issue?

That they did this instead of write a HUGE check to Fox to get X-Men EARLIER?

That they did this instead of FLOODING the market with certain stars like DC. Instead their TRASH beat up DC.

As for why is Iger still there under a different role-I would pay him to stay home versus letting him go and Warner Brothers getting him.
    I agree with you. People can dislike Disney all they want but honestly we need to give credit where credit is due. Bob Iger did a great job with leading the company during his tenure. I'm not the biggest Disney fan myself as I think they disguise advertisements as movies but take a look around at all the other big studios and it's clear as day that the man executed properly when other studio heads couldn't even come up with a plan to screw in a lightbulb.

As for him going to WB, I wouldn't count on it. ATT owns them and are currently restructuring left and right. I don't think Bob would fit well in that arena right now.
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 02-27-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I really don't get the surprise and conspiracy theories, the guy has very publicly said he's been looking to retire for years.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I really don't get the surprise and conspiracy theories, the guy has very publicly said he's been looking to retire for years.
    Yeah, I know right? He's made it well known for years that he wanted to retire but the only thing that strikes me as odd is that it was very abrupt with no transition period at all for the new CEO. However, it could be no more than he may have gotten tired of waiting for them to find a new CEO and just called it quits. Couldn't blame him if he did.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Yeah, I know right? He's made it well known for years that he wanted to retire but the only thing that strikes me as odd is that it was very abrupt with no transition period at all for the new CEO. However, it couldn't be anything more than he may have gotten tired of waiting for them to find a new CEO and just called it quits. Couldn't blame him if he did.
    I mean, he's staying on for two years to aid in the transition so it doesn't seem too drastic a move.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Disney films made 13 Billion dollars last year and Disney+ had more sign ups than even predicated. Iger wasn't fired or let go.
    This^^^^^.

STAR wars might have done less then they were hoping for but that's why they got Feige coming over to produce a movie and they will try a different approach. They dont fire Iger for that, you fire Kennedy or whoever is in charge of the Star wars films. Also Disney is doing insanely well. They just had the biggest year ever for a studio last year. Anyone claiming Iger has someone how failed and is being fired isnt looking at this objectively at all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I mean, he's staying on for two years to aid in the transition so it doesn't seem too drastic a move.
    My bad, I read it wrong. He is still staying for the end of his contract just in a different position. A little unusual but I definitely see the benefit of him being there to assist the new CEO. But wouldn't be surprised if the new CEO wants him out sooner than later so that he can have full control.

Yeah, I'm going to need you to stop speaking ad though you understand the mindset of investors. One franchise out of dozens "underperforming" (yet STILL making billions of dollars) won't get an executive fired when he/she has so many more successes. That doesn't make any logical sense, much less any business sense.

BANNED

Yeah, I'm going to need you to stop speaking ad though you understand the mindset of investors. One franchise out of dozens "underperforming" (yet STILL making billions of dollars) won't get an executive fired when he/she has so many more successes. That doesn't make any logical sense, much less any business sense.
    Perhaps they fired him for being too sucessful

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    While I have come to like Solo allot more overtime, but I remember seeing it when it came out and IMO it’s release date was another, not the only, but in my experience a major reason why it did not do as well.

It was too soon after Avengers: Infinity War came out.

Solo just seem to small and not as important, AIW was a phenomenon that took over the discourse around movies for a good time.

They should have kept Solo to the regular Christmas time releasing.
    Yeah, I think Solo was a "okay, but not great" kind of movie and had everything going against it, including the release time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Aquaman, Bumblebee, Mary Poppins Returns (Another Disney Film to boot), and Into the Spiderverse Christmas 2018 was packed and Solo IMO would had done even worst that Christmas.
    Yeah, I can see that, too.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)