Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I don't think Disney/Marvel would really have any part of non-theatrical animated Spidey movies. That would be all Sony, they can do animated movies (theatrical or not theatrical) and that's why Spidey or Spidey characters never show up in any animated Marvel movies or longer specials from Marvel Animation or the Lionsgate DTV movies. It'd be nice if Sony used their license more to do these types of things. I always envy the output DC Animation has with their animated DTV movies and the yearly animated Batman movies that try to adapt stories. It'd be nice if they deemed the nostalgia dollars worthwhile to do revivals of their old Spidey cartoons for longer-form animated movies or specials at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I don't think Disney/Marvel would really have any part of non-theatrical animated Spidey movies. That would be all Sony, they can do animated movies (theatrical or not theatrical) and that's why Spidey or Spidey characters never show up in any animated Marvel movies or longer specials from Marvel Animation or the Lionsgate DTV movies. It'd be nice if Sony used their license more to do these types of things. I always envy the output DC Animation has with their animated DTV movies and the yearly animated Batman movies that try to adapt stories. It'd be nice if they deemed the nostalgia dollars worthwhile to do revivals of their old Spidey cartoons for longer-form animated movies or specials at the very least.
    Fair point, although Sony would be able to get talented animators.

I just realized the big, obvious stuff would be conclusions to existing TV shows, even the generation-old 90s cartoon, and certainly Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Fair point, although Sony would be able to get talented animators.
    And produce stronger stuff visually then Marvel's in-house animation department.
    I just realized the big, obvious stuff would be conclusions to existing TV shows, even the generation-old 90s cartoon, and certainly Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Considering the 90's show is on Disney+, I don't think Sony has access to it. Conversely Spec and the MTV cartoon are the only major Spidey shows not on there, from what I can see.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I actually would like to see an animated movie-verse, kind of like what Warner Bros have been doing with the DC characters. I'm honestly surprised that Marvel has kind of just thrown up their hands with the idea back in the 2000s, especially now that Disney+ is like built for this.

Maybe even do some animated adaptation of stories like Kraven's Last Hunt and Spider-Island.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I actually would like to see an animated movie-verse, kind of like what Warner Bros have been doing with the DC characters. I'm honestly surprised that Marvel has kind of just thrown up their hands with the idea back in the 2000s, especially now that Disney+ is like built for this.

Maybe even do some animated adaptation of stories like Kraven's Last Hunt and Spider-Island.
    Marvel doesn't invest in their animation near as much as WB does, at least since the Disney buyout.

I guess the animated films they did with Lionsgate just didn't end up selling well enough to prove to them there was a market for that kind of stuff unless it's from DC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess the animated films they did with Lionsgate just didn't end up selling well enough to prove to them there was a market for that kind of stuff unless it's from DC.
    Those Lionsgate animation were produced as specs for the movies, and as research material. It was never intended to be a lasting thing.

The attitude at Marvel is that "everything is gonna go to the MCU, what value is there to do an animated version separate from the movies".

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Those Lionsgate animation were produced as specs for the movies, and as research material. It was never intended to be a lasting thing.

The attitude at Marvel is that "everything is gonna go to the MCU, what value is there to do an animated version separate from the movies".
    That explains so much...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That explains so much...
    Indeed. Quite a shame, though, as there's plenty that can be done in animation that can't necessarily be done in live action. Hell, the CW DC Arrowverse has a few animated features tying into its ******action series and reusing the live actors in VA roles, so it's not like it's impossible to make great or at least decent animated content that connects with the ******action series and movies.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Quite a shame, though, as there's plenty that can be done in animation that can't necessarily be done in live action.
    The MCU is built on the premise that is the opposite of that. They did make a talking racoon into a character after all.

As it is, Feige is producing What IF? which is animation. But it's also mainly a promo about the MCU, using What-If to discuss the continuity of the movies.

Hell, the CW DC Arrowverse has a few animated features tying into its ******action series and reusing the live actors in VA roles, so it's not like it's impossible to make great or at least decent animated content that connects with the ******action series and movies.
    Yeah.

In any case I am sure that animation will happen eventually but Feige's priority and that of Disney is to get people on to Disney Plus to see stuff like Wandavision, Falcon + Snowman, Loki! and who knows what else.

Bart Hamilton
    I'd love to see an updated adaption of one of my favorite Len Wein stories. But I hope that they would overcome the mediocrity of their animated film production and make something good, preferably improving the story.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

The MCU is built on the premise that is the opposite of that. They did make a talking racoon into a character after all.

As it is, Feige is producing What IF? which is animation. But it's also mainly a promo about the MCU, using What-If to discuss the continuity of the movies.

Yeah.

In any case I am sure that animation will happen eventually but Feige's priority and that of Disney is to get people on to Disney Plus to see stuff like Wandavision, Falcon + Snowman, Loki! and who knows what else.
    I thought it was Falcon + Winter Soldier, though "Snowman" is a great nickname for him, too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I thought it was Falcon + Winter Soldier, though "Snowman" is a great nickname for him, too.
    There actually is a movie from the 80s called The Falcon and the Snowman, and that's what that miniseries is alluding to. Also a cold war spy thriller starring a very young Sean Penn.

So I slipped that movie with Falcon + winter soldier.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Bart Hamilton
    I'd love to see an updated adaption of one of my favorite Len Wein stories. But I hope that they would overcome the mediocrity of their animated film production and make something good, preferably improving the story.
    You know,where Spectacular was running, I thought this guy would be a good guy to mix with Lefty Donovan, as far as being a test dummy for the real Hobgoblin. This therapist could pump information out of Harry and supply that to the REAL Hobgoblin, and become a goblin as a test for the real deal to see if the Gobulin Green concoction that Kingsl...the Hobgoblin has come up with works or not.

One of the best parts about animated films is that it can adapt with the basic knowledge people already know about and run with it. (Also people are more apt to accept things in Animated films than live action for some reason. I like the colorful costumes characters wear, but in live action we have to be concerned with realism.

There actually is a movie from the 80s called The Falcon and the Snowman, and that's what that miniseries is alluding to. Also a cold war spy thriller starring a very young Sean Penn.

So I slipped that movie with Falcon + winter soldier.
    Oh, cool. Learn something new every day, I suppose.

Well, animation makes it more convenient to pull things off without the need of a movie-level budget.