Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You know,where Spectacular was running, I thought this guy would be a good guy to mix with Lefty Donovan, as far as being a test dummy for the real Hobgoblin. This therapist could pump information out of Harry and supply that to the REAL Hobgoblin, and become a goblin as a test for the real deal to see if the Gobulin Green concoction that Kingsl...the Hobgoblin has come up with works or not.

One of the best parts about animated films is that it can adapt with the basic knowledge people already know about and run with it. (Also people are more apt to accept things in Animated films than live action for some reason. I like the colorful costumes characters wear, but in live action we have to be concerned with realism.
    Took me a while to remember Lefty, I think that is one character whose face was never drawn. And your idea is solid, but I think that will include the minor character who led Hobgoblin to Greeney's stashes in the merger of characters.

But come to think of it, this Harry might not want to seek therapy, I wonder what could motivate him to do so.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, animation makes it more convenient to pull things off without the need of a movie-level budget.
    That idea is valid if your budget is small and your pocket is tiny. In the case of Kevin Feige, his budget is big, and Disney's pockets are the biggest there is or ever will be. Feige fully intends to adapt every little corner of the Marvel Universe, every character and bring it to the movies or Disney Plus. So if you have that ambition, and that mission statement, investing in animation wouldn't be at the top of the priorities.

That does raise an interesting issue. The justification for animation used to be "we can do stuff that live action cannot do", stuff like talking animals, outlandish supervillains, parallel universes, time travel and so on. But with modern CGI and changes in audience tastes (where a rigid approach to realism is no longer needed or expected by audiences for these movies), that whole argument is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That idea is valid if your budget is small and your pocket is tiny. In the case of Kevin Feige, his budget is big, and Disney's pockets are the biggest there is or ever will be. Feige fully intends to adapt every little corner of the Marvel Universe, every character and bring it to the movies or Disney Plus. So if you have that ambition, and that mission statement, investing in animation wouldn't be at the top of the priorities.

That does raise an interesting issue. The justification for animation used to be "we can do stuff that live action cannot do", stuff like talking animals, outlandish supervillains, parallel universes, time travel and so on. But with modern CGI and changes in audience tastes (where a rigid approach to realism is no longer needed or expected by audiences for these movies), that whole argument is gone.
    Animation allows for different kinds of visuals and a stronger sense of serialized storytelling then you can get moving from film-to-film, and it also doesn't have to have the issues of balancing screentime, one-star wonders, and can do more faithful designs to the comics because there isn't that need to juxtapose the reality of comics with the reality of live human beings.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Animation allows for different kinds of visuals and a stronger sense of serialized storytelling then you can get moving from film-to-film, and it also doesn't have to have the issues of balancing screentime, one-star wonders, and can do more faithful designs to the comics because there isn't that need to juxtapose the reality of comics with the reality of live human beings.
    That's true. Animated superhero shows have their own unique rhythm and feel that can't translate to live action.

And great superhero cartoons can be great cartoons in a way that great superhero movies aren't usually great movies. The Fleischer Superman Cartoons, and Batman the Animated Series, alongside Weisman's Spectacular and others are great cartoons period, up there with The Simpsons and so on.

In any case, since animated shows target small children about 7-12 and so on, I am pretty sure there will be animated cartoons of Marvel soon, if only to stick it to Warner Bros' streaming, because those guys have the small kids bracket in their pocket with quality superhero animation up the wazoo.

In an animated Spider-man movie I'd most like to see the thing the studios keep wanting to do but never manage.

The Sinister Six.

I don't care if you use Kraven or Hobgoblin. I just want all of Spidey's biggest bads together in one movie.

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

This might sound strange but I would like to see an animated adaptation of the old n64 and ps1 Spider-man game as I think there is a lot of story potential there.

Seemingly a reformed Dr. Octopus who is now also a bussines man(although unlike the video game they should make it less obvious that he is not reformed).

Venom and Spider-man teaming up(although they should make Venom less silly then in the game).

An epic climax(Spider-man running away from a mad fusion between Dr. Octopus and Carnage while Dr. Octopus massive underwater station is going up in flames).

Also I would like to see the criminal organization Jade syndicate in another medium then just the game.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Obeythemoderators View Post
    This might sound strange but I would like to see an animated adaptation of the old n64 and ps1 Spider-man game as I think there is a lot of story potential there.

Seemingly a reformed Dr. Octopus who is now also a bussines man(although unlike the video game they should make it less obvious that he is not reformed).

Venom and Spider-man teaming up(although they should make Venom less silly then in the game).

An epic climax(Spider-man running away from a mad fusion between Dr. Octopus and Carnage while Dr. Octopus massive underwater station is going up in flames).

Also I would like to see the criminal organization Jade syndicate in another medium then just the game.
    I like that idea, actually. And could even do a sequel film based on Enter Electro. Plus, Spider-Man being framed for a crime he didn't commit thanks to either Mysterio or Chameleon would make for some great chase and evasion sequences.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like that idea, actually. And could even do a sequel film based on Enter Electro. Plus, Spider-Man being framed for a crime he didn't commit thanks to either Mysterio or Chameleon would make for some great chase and evasion sequences.
    Yeah, kinda like Batman Mask of the Phantasm.

Yeah, kinda like Batman Mask of the Phantasm.
    Oh, that was a great one.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

That sounds amazing!
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

One thing that could work for direct to dvd films is solo spinoffs of Into the Spider-Verse.

We could have an entire film about the Noir Spider-Man. And another about Spider-Ham. And another about the Gwen Stacy Spider-Woman.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    One thing that could work for direct to dvd films is solo spinoffs of Into the Spider-Verse.

We could have an entire film about the Noir Spider-Man. And another about Spider-Ham. And another about the Gwen Stacy Spider-Woman.
    And Spider-Man 2099 and SP//dr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

You might not be able to get the actors back unless the studio really pushed for that though...Although Mulaney would probably be down for it.