Mighty Member

Default The Appeal of X-men

I love the X-men and with 3 more books coming out soon plus the giant side one shots
    and the god kills special and upcoming the giant side X-men.Do you find all this overkill Or not i m going to get all this X-goodes,Not to mention the Millstones.My Favorite part is the Phoenix Saga

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I love the X-men and with 3 more books coming out soon plus the giant side one shots
    and the god kills special and upcoming the giant side X-men.Do you find all this overkill Or not i m going to get all this X-goodes,Not to mention the Millstones.My Favorite part is the Phoenix Saga
    I'm loving it all and if at times I need to budget down, I can pick up trades later. But regarding whether if it's overkill, I don't think so. I'll let some of the other posters chime in because I believe some have said this era doesn't have many more books than past eras, if at all.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    It's been nearly a decade since we had a real deal push for the X-Men.

The MCU's success really screwed the X-Men simply because Fox owned the film rights and because of that the X-Men were shafted to reduce their foot print in the larger Marvel Universe.

I grew up in the late 90's so trust me that was excess, but this is the ship correcting itself. You gotta remember the X-Men were more popular than the Avengers for decades and now they are finally back where they need to be: the top of the heap with an A-List writer at the helm.

Yes there are a ton of books, but they will slowly be culled as all comic book lines tend to do; it's just this big because of all of the excitement behind it.

Extraordinary Member

You know, I feel like there was more to the X-Men's lost years than just the thing with Fox. I mean, they were tops of the Marvel line for so long and their history just kept getting weirder and weirder.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It's been nearly a decade since we had a real deal push for the X-Men.

The MCU's success really screwed the X-Men simply because Fox owned the film rights and because of that the X-Men were shafted to reduce their foot print in the larger Marvel Universe.

I grew up in the late 90's so trust me that was excess, but this is the ship correcting itself. You gotta remember the X-Men were more popular than the Avengers for decades and now they are finally back where they need to be: the top of the heap with an A-List writer at the helm.

Yes there are a ton of books, but they will slowly be culled as all comic book lines tend to do; it's just this big because of all of the excitement behind it.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    You know, I feel like there was more to the X-Men's lost years than just the thing with Fox. I mean, they were tops of the Marvel line for so long and their history just kept getting weirder and weirder.
    I dropped it after Onslaught because it felt like a massive waste of money with all the interconnected books rehashing the same stuff over and over again. I was fine with Uncanny, New Mutants, X-Factor, X-Force and Excalibur but sometime after X-Men debuted it got to be too much.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I have a strong attatchment to the X-men forged mainly by the 90's cartoon, and a deep appreciation of X2: X-Men United. (Best jail break scene ever.) My attatchment to the comics themselves ebbs and flows depending on how much they're being portrayed between the extremes of downtrodden losers in need of a hug, or Machiavellian schemers with all their little plans.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huizhou View Post
    Huizhou Kaisheng Industrial Co., Limited is a leading PE foam manufacturer in China. We are a professional rubber and plastics products supplier with an experience of more than a decade. We are located in Huizhou city, Guangdong Province, China. As a sought-after PE foam supplier, we serve our customers locally and overseas. Our diligent workforce and diversification make us a prominent EVA foam supplier.
    This random chinese advertising reminded me of my favorite one-off X-Men villain, Ao Jun, whose flaky skin could be weaponized into zombie clones, and whose fetish was watching white girls drown each in oil soaked water. Dude had lines like "The eyes of Ao Jun are upon you!"

Legend.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

I grew up with Claremont's run and I liked the X-men because Claremont made them likeable.

After there were so many authors with slightly different X-men and my feelings didn't change.

With this run, I don't find them sympathetic and so the appeal has waned and is situated only on a intellectual level.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

The X-Men are the most exciting corner of Marvel again. It finally feels like the real status-quo of Marvel from the 70s-early 2000s.

Like history is correcting itself, and the decade plus of astro-turfed Avengers are the only thing that matters nosh is over.

I love it !!!
    When I woke up this morrning and thought about all the X-men books that I was going to read today, I was so happy !!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    I love it !!!
    When I woke up this morrning and thought about all the X-men books that I was going to read today, I was so happy !!
    Yes indeed! 101010