Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Downfall of Harvey Weinstein

The Downfall of Harvey Weinstein already has begun months ago when he was indicted and charged with sexual crimes

Quoted from Wikipedia.
    On February 24, 2020, he was found guilty of two of five felonies in New York, charges which carry a sentence of up to 25 years. After deliberating for five days, a jury convicted Weinstein on February 24, 2020 of two of five criminal charges: one count of criminal sexual assault in the first degree and one count of rape in the third degree. The jury found him not guilty regarding predatory sexual assault, which could have led to a life sentence. He was remanded to jail pending sentencing on March 11 in New York.[81] New York will allow him to be tried in the Los Angeles case but then the New York sentence will be served before any Los Angeles sentence. Weinstein faces between 5 to 29 years.
    Looks like using a walker didn't work after all. Did he really think to gain the jurors' sympathy?

So Harvey was convicted and sentenced to prison. But on the way to jail, he was transferred to a hospital instead .

Perhaps the prison sentence will complete and finalize his downfall. No bad deed goes unpunished. No matter how rich you are, you can't escape justice.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, when you can't (or won't) keep it in your pants, all the fame and money in the world won't save your sorry ass when the justice hammer comes down on your head.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-26-2020 at 07:17 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

The word "downfall" implies that Weinstein started at some great height. He didn't.

Weinstein was all told a fairly mediocre movie producer who rode off the coattails of Tarantino and then created a bunch of Oscar bait crap to swindle deserving movies of their awards.

Weinstein hadn't been relevant for a decade or so before he was exposed as the rapist that he is.

It's a rare sight to see a bad guy get caught so good riddance.

You can disparage Weinstein all you want. Criticize his movies and belittle the Oscars. Fine. But to say he wasn't a major figure in Hollywood is simply not true. Part of the reason he could get away with this all that time was the power he held. He was at a great height, and had an epic downfall.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But to say he wasn't a major figure in Hollywood is simply not true.
    He hasn't been a major figure since about the early 2000s. Until his exposure, he had been off the radar for a while.

In fact some have argued that the real reason why the Weinstein expose happened is because of the decline of the adult-moviegoing audience as a demographic. Weinstein catered to them but then blockbusters muscled them to TV. So he didn't have power and safety nets protecting him anymore.

So it was more that safety nets fell away and old scores could be settled safely.

And ultimately, Weinstein's downfall had a bigger impact than anything he ever did as a producer.

Him and Bill Cosby should share a prison.

These men are fools. There was no need to assault those women. Many women would have offered themselves on a plater just because of who they are.........were.

Look at Tiger Woods. He did not need to rape or assault anyone.

He's just one in a world of complicit characters in the corrupt culture of Hollywood. Just one of Hydra's heads.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    He's just one in a world of complicit characters in the corrupt culture of Hollywood. Just one of Hydra's heads.
    Yeah, and there's a good chance that even more evil people are still at large in Hollywood.

Still, his arrest and guilty verdict is the good work, as Xavier would say in HoX/PoX.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post

These men are fools. There was no need to assault those women.
    Criminals, and that's what rapists are, tend not to be rational people. Ego, megalomania, and so on, obviously scrambled their brains.

And in any case, it's possible that a good number of women did say yes. I mean the unspoken part of the story are women who said yes to the casting couch and so on, and then kept quiet and moved on. So far #MeToo has focused on victims, rightly so, the ones who said "no" but so far our culture doesn't quite have the compassion to accept women 'sleeping their way to the top' as also being victims. Most likely, they'd be seen as collaborators or enablers in some quarters. It's possible the successful attempts by Weinstein and Cosby to coerce people to sleep with them probably helped them justify the times they don't accept 'no'.

Astonishing Member

These men are fools. There was no need to assault those women. Many women would have offered themselves on a plater just because of who they are.........were.
    Many of them did that's how it starts to happen. At some point he started thinking all of them should.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post

Look at Tiger Woods. He did not need to rape or assault anyone.
    Because part of it's just a power thing. It's, "I'm successful, so I'm entitled to whatever the hell I want, and I'll take it when I want it". Trust me there was no point in Weinstein's life where he couldn't have just asked an actrive actress he wasn't directly working with out on a date and start sometype of arrangement. Not every actress. But there's plenty who would have went for it. But no he needed to target people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Because part of it's just a power thing. It's, "I'm successful, so I'm entitled to whatever the hell I want, and I'll take it when I want it". Trust me there was no point in Weinstein's life where he couldn't have just asked an actrive actress he wasn't directly working with out on a date and start sometype of arrangement. Not every actress. But there's plenty who would have went for it. But no he needed to target people.
    Weinstein and Cosby are evil. It comes down to that. Trying to say they could have just been skeevy and unctous instead is beside the point.

Harvey Weinstein maybe will get a Presidential medal of freedom and a pardon from Trump unless his crimes aren't federal.

Weinstein was a democrat. So was Rod Blagovejich. And he got a pardon from Trump.

For all I know, Trump probably has done the same things Weinstein or Cosby did and he is still in the Oval Office. With his ego and vanity, I am surprised he is not careless enough to get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Harvey Weinstein maybe will get a Presidential medal of freedom and a pardon from Trump unless his crimes aren't federal.

Weinstein was a democrat. So was Rod Blagovejich. And he got a pardon from Trump.

For all I know, Trump probably has done the same things Weinstein or Cosby did and he is still in the Oval Office. With his ego and vanity, I am surprised he is not careless enough to get caught.
    Yes, yes he has. Trump raped his first wife.

Weinstein is finally going to prison. He gets an inmate number. He is now Inmate No. 3102000153.

Yes, he’s going to Rikers, but he could end up at a medical unit where he will have a television and possibly a private phone, too.

So it is not justice if he is getting his own spacious and comfy room with an en suite bathroom inside the cramped prison.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/25/n...tein-jail.html

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I'm shocked this is actually happening to him. Its as if it was actually wrong or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Yes, he’s going to Rikers, but he could end up at a medical unit where he will have a television and possibly a private phone, too.

So it is not justice if he is getting his own spacious and comfy room with an en suite bathroom inside the cramped prison.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/25/n...tein-jail.html
    Huh... well...