Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Weinstein is finally going to prison. He gets an inmate number. He is now Inmate No. 3102000153.

Yes, he’s going to Rikers, but he could end up at a medical unit where he will have a television and possibly a private phone, too.

So it is not justice if he is getting his own spacious and comfy room with an en suite bathroom inside the cramped prison.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/25/n...tein-jail.html
    Rikers isn't exactly Mar-a-Lago or some posh resort in the Bahamas, the thing is, he's in PRISON, deprived of his freedom, and, chances are, he could end up dying there, given his age and health concerns, unless he gets a pardon from Trump. So Weinstein gets a few amenities, big deal, no one thought he'd end up in general population with the rest of the scum, hell, he wouldn't last a week there before getting a shiv in his back in the middle of night, or maybe becoming another inmate's bitch. All in all, I'm okay with the arrangement.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-27-2020 at 05:19 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Rikers isn't exactly Mar-a-Lago or some posh resort in the Bahamas, the thing is, he's in PRISON, deprived of his freedom, and, chances are, he could end up dying there, given his age and health concerns, unless he gets a pardon from Trump. So Weinstein gets a few amenities, big deal, no one thought he'd end up in general population with the rest of the scum, hell, he wouldn't last a week there before getting a shiv in his back in the middle of night, or maybe becoming another inmate's bitch. All in all, I'm okay with the arrangement.
    Yes, i agree. If he is not going anywhere else, it is good with me too.

If being rich doesn't get him out of prison, maybe he'll turn to religion, if he didn't before.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Yes, i agree. If he is not going anywhere else, it is good with me too.

If being rich doesn't get him out of prison, maybe he'll turn to religion, if he didn't before.
    The idea that people in prison turn to religion because they hit bottom always makes God sound like a Conman preying on the weak and vulnerable.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

His lawyers are already working on an appeal. It didn’t take long. Harvey is probably praying for house arrest for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The idea that people in prison turn to religion because they hit bottom always makes God sound like a Conman preying on the weak and vulnerable.
    Isn’t that the original basis for converting people to Christianity?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Isn’t that the original basis for converting people to Christianity?
    Could be the basis of religion, period.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

He isn't weak, he is a powerful rich man who himself preyed on the actual weak and was humbled. He may still be able to get off lax but if the now humbled man wants to be cradled in "gods" arms well, I'm not sympathetic. Sometimes this is a ploy to get out on good behavior, When the going gets tough ask "god" for help but never call on a good day but I'm agnostic so I can only think of this as someone who is using someone who is forgiving to clean up his mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    He's just one in a world of complicit characters in the corrupt culture of Hollywood. Just one of Hydra's heads.
    Someone exploiting their power over another is not limited to Hollywood. It's literally happening around the corner from you, regardless of where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    His lawyers are already working on an appeal. It didn’t take long. Harvey is probably praying for house arrest for the rest of his life.
    Actually there is a limited amount of time you are allowed to file for an appeal. It is usually 14 days for notice of appeal and 30 days to file the appeal. If you miss the deadline you are out of luck.
    So any competent lawyer is going to file an appeal as soon as possible.