Mighty Member

Default Opinion about NEW52 Superboy

Hello,
    I was just reading a Comic with the NEW52 Superboy and I also saw the picture of the other Design of him.

What do you think about him?

I didnt like some parts:

1. his character/attitude
    2. his costume
    3. the TT Team of NEW52 (especially "new" Cassandra and "new" Bart Allen)
    4. the way in which his powers worked (Enemies immune to his TTK, only invulnerable if he uses TTK and only limited strenght)
    5. his relation to others (especially Kara...)

but I liked some other parts:

1. his design (the fact that he had 3!! "parents" instead of "only" 2.
    I am realyl curious what/who his last piece of DNA would have come from.
    2. his powers (his TTK and Full TK was a nice Idea and I liked it much more than TTK was displayed by Kessel....)

I have to say that I would like to see a Hybrid of Pre-Flashpoint Conner and NEW52 Conner, so he is DIFFERENT (but NOT WEAKER) than Superman, Supergirl and Jonathan Samuel Kent:

Not only Human/Kryptonian but also having a third (unknown) DNA.

1. Kryptonian abilities:
    Flying
    Invulnerability
    Super-Strenght
    Kryptonian Senses
    Superspeed and reflexes

2. TTK+Full TTK (NO Enemies immune to it)

Outfit: full suit (black with red S) and Leather Jacket, body and face of the Johns TT Conner...

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I like that he was a clone of Superman and Lois's son from another timeline. He's basically a clone of the current Superboy.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Also, wasn't he replaced by the actual person he was a clone of later on towards the end of the new 52?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    Also, wasn't he replaced by the actual person he was a clone of later on towards the end of the new 52?
    He was replaced for some time, I think, because he "died" while he and Superman and Supergirl were on Krypton...But later he returned....

He also wasnt really only a clone, but he was also genetically engineered....He had 3 DNA Strings instead of only 2 like Jonathan LANE Kent...

Was the DNA taken from Jonathan LANE Kent or did they take Lois,Superman and the 3. DNA and combined it?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The first few issues of that book were pretty neat, had an actual tone and sense of place to them. It fell off pretty quickly, maybe around issue 4?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The first few issues of that book were pretty neat, had an actual tone and sense of place to them. It fell off pretty quickly, maybe around issue 4?
    Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I like that he was a clone of Superman and Lois's son from another timeline. He's basically a clone of the current Superboy.
    And what is your GENERAL opinion about him?

I mean I personally have to say that I liked his powers even maybe more than the current Kryptonians...

If he would have had "normal Invulnerability" (INSTEAD of TTK Invulnerability), higher Level of "normal Super-Strenght" (INSTEAD of only lifting 3 tons) and Kryptonian Senses (instead of this TTK Sense) I would maybe even prefer the NEW52 Powers of him to the "Standart" Kryptonian Powers...

He should have the natural kryptonian powers, without the sun's amplifying to God level, like strength, speed, durability, senses, but also a mutated version of supermans bio energy and relationship with the sun. As in a mix of kesel TTK with new 52 TK and senses.

I wouldn't mind if he couldn't just live off of the sun's energy like superman can,like he has to eat, sleep,but his power comes from within, not from the sun directly, like how we live and move and do stuff.

He should be the size of TT superboy,wear a black and red S, but with a leather jacket and fingerless gloves, and loads of attitude.

He was okay.

No better or worse than any other character at DC.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

It was an interesting concept, and it started out well with a strong voice and solid supporting cast and hook. I still love the Tron costume and the improved psychic powers. I wasn't super happy about the changes but it was also like a more extreme take on the first episodes of Young Justice, and I'm fond of that. I hadn't been enjoying the character much prior to the reboot anyway, so I tried to welcome the new take.

It went sideways very quickly, and I don't know if there was ever much gas in the tank. It could've lasted longer with better production, but I don't know if this was gonna be a sustainable narrative for this character. It was very 90's, conceptually, but not in the good ways. It got old pretty damn quick for me, anyway.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

maybe the "third parent" was Lex? one of the previous ones was artificially created by combining Kal-El and Lex's DNA.