All-New Member

Default Supergirl (TV Series) Theory

Could it be possible that Alex Danvers is actually Linda Danvers, just given a new name similar to Mr. Terrific's name was changed to Curtis?

Quote Originally Posted by Xander25 View Post
    Could it be possible that Alex Danvers is actually Linda Danvers, just given a new name similar to Mr. Terrific's name was changed to Curtis?
    I'd like that. Maybe they could make her connected to the Flamebird entity.

Extraordinary Member

Has anything happened in the show to even suggest such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Has anything happened in the show to even suggest such a thing?
    Not that I've seen.

Retired

I always thought they should have called her Linda, to make that link. I don't know why they thought Alex was a better name--because it's gender neutral? Alex and Lex are virtually the same name so why have a character that has the same first name as Superman's arch enemy? But I like to think of Alex as being the Linda on the show, if Kara can't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I always thought they should have called her Linda, to make that link. I don't know why they thought Alex was a better name--because it's gender neutral? Alex and Lex are virtually the same name so why have a character that has the same first name as Superman's arch enemy? But I like to think of Alex as being the Linda on the show, if Kara can't be.
    The fourth season played around with that actually with Kara’s Kasnian double latching on to Lex because she had vague memories of being close to someone named Alex.

I always just assumed they used the Danvers name as a nice easter egg for the fans, but I wouldn't be against that.

Heck, there are pictures of an episode this season of Alex in a Supergirl-like suit. And since that didn't happen with Myxy, maybe that will end up happening for real.