Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    In no way is Canary a bullet-timer; nor is she faster than Bruce.

One might make the case that, speed-wise, she's at least edging into the same area as Bruce and Nightwing, but that's the best she can get.
    So not exactly Batman or Nightwing fast, perhaps a tad lower....

And Scott apparently now has a visor that's thought-activated, so he literally only has to think, 'fire.'

Scott himself would be below Canary in speed, but given his overall feats and combat training, he should be near-enough that just thinking 'fire' gets him some wins here.

If I were actually in the stadium, if the event program stated that Scott had his Shi'ar visor, I would bet on him to win the majority.

There's also the possibility of a mutual kill. Canary could get off a sonic cry (speed of sound), and then Scott's beam fires before the cry hits, and they both get knocked out or killed.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-27-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Spectacular Member

The speed of sound is 1125.33 feet per second. Scott has a bit less then a tenth of a second to either clench his fist or think about shooting, assuming that Canary doesn't need to inhale to set up a kill shot.

I'm inclined towards mutual kill.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

There's one other thing: Canary's shot is physical vibrations in air, and is much, much, much less powerful than GOMLZARK. If Scott gets his shot off, and at the range in question, I'm inclined to believe that he will, Canary's shot just gets smooshed back into her face a microsecond before she gets smooshed all over the arena wall.

She's definitely quicker, but her shot needs time to propagate 100 feet and will absolutely get overwhelmed by a wide-angle shot.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    There's one other thing: Canary's shot is physical vibrations in air, and is much, much, much less powerful than GOMLZARK. If Scott gets his shot off, and at the range in question, I'm inclined to believe that he will, Canary's shot just gets smooshed back into her face a microsecond before she gets smooshed all over the arena wall.

She's definitely quicker, but her shot needs time to propagate 100 feet and will absolutely get overwhelmed by a wide-angle shot.
    I pretty much agree with this. Dinah is not so much faster that she can inhale scream and the force to propagate to Scott before he can think.