Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cyclops vs Black Canary

Pre-Flashpoint Canary. Who wins?

Flip a coin? I mean they’re both in the just-under-CBPH category, speed-wise probably, they both just have to think, and each could take the other out if they react first (Canary could almost certainly knock Cyke out with her sonics, and Cyke could turn her to vapour).

That being said, I have a vague recollection from back in the 80s that the X-Men costumes came with some sort of default sonic protection, limited shock protection body armour etc. If that’s the case, it might keep Scott conscious and with non-bleeding ears long enough to GOMLZARK her.

But that’s only if my aging brain isn’t just making shit up, which is entirely possible.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Flip a coin? I mean they’re both in the just-under-CBPH category, speed-wise probably, they both just have to think, and each could take the other out if they react first (Canary could almost certainly knock Cyke out with her sonics, and Cyke could turn her to vapour).

That being said, I have a vague recollection from back in the 80s that the X-Men costumes came with some sort of default sonic protection, limited shock protection body armour etc. If that’s the case, it might keep Scott conscious and with non-bleeding ears long enough to GOMLZARK her.

But that’s only if my aging brain isn’t just making shit up, which is entirely possible.
    I'd be VERY hesitant to peg Cyclops in the same speed bracket as Canary. That said, I'm not sure how fast their relative triggers would be at equal speed.

Also, her Sonic cry blows up cars and collapses cliffsides. Earplugs wouldn't save Scott from getting splatted.

Fair enough then. I’m far from an expert on Canary.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I agree that Canary is faster but faster than a GL ring scan seems a bit much, especially when Roy Harper is otherwise able to describe the action(s) in real time

Astonishing Member

Cyclops. He sees her, she dies. He's an expert at precision, dedicated most of his life to destroying people and things in an instant. He hits her, but he'll likely get some damage from her destructive blast. The longer she survives the more damage she does to him.

If this gets into a combat situation, which it won't, he loses instantly. She's in another league to him in martial arts.