Page 85 of 117 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1743

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    He was nearly Pope! Which, of course, made absolutely no sense.
    Fun fact: It is technically easier to be Pope than a priest because the only requirement is to be a baptized male.

Of course in practice it is not so.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL. There never was agreement.
    ...With the Crucible. With DoX. With Krakoa: Mutant Nation...with the entirety of HiX-Man's run so far...not from the other side anyways.
    (which is why the majority are all on my 'ignore' list...not because we disagree, but because they bring absolutely no relevant, objective insight to the narrative and their position as a whole. It's the same responses over and over and over.)

I can understand and appreciate that from a story perspective how and why the Crucible would play an important role for the individuals of this new society as it is...because as a whole, as the mutant race, it too has gone through many crucibles to reach where they are.

The ritual isn't mandated or forced on anyone. Those who will participate will do so by choice fully knowing what to expect.
    Thank you. The performative outrage from some people is so freaking ridiculous...it’s like they’ve never read a comic, or experienced an allegorical story or metaphor, or enjoyed a story from a non-human perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Fun fact: It is technically easier to be Pope than a priest because the only requirement is to be a baptized male.

Of course in practice it is not so.
    Reckon I could totally rock that hat.

Actually, it takes many years to be a Catholic priest, you have to go through a seminary. Realistically Nightcrawler could never have been a Catholic priest but hey, this is comics and Kitty Pryde already has a phD somehow.
    Yeah, apparently he only studied formally for a matter of months. Still, having gotten that far he would certainly been at least considered reasonably orthodox. There was also the time that Mr. Sinister convinced him that he was ordained so that he could become Pope and help Mr. S. overthrow the Church. You know, Mr. S who is on the Council now, sigh. An unnecessary gesture because one doesn't actually have to be ordained to be selected Pope. Hope that the First Church of Krakoa has some sweet vestments. Pretty sure that Charles will demand that he is conferred sainthood.
    Last edited by JTFSXX; 02-27-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    'member the tarot cards?

I had always assumed the Tower card referred to Nimrod’s citadel, but now I’m not so sure. Innnnteresting!

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Plus it's fascinating to see how what I get from a page can be radically different to someone else.
    A great example here is the campfire scene with Exodus. I saw that as kids telling scary stories around the campfire , quite a cute scene. After reading the forum I went back and this time I saw Exodus founding a folklore for Krakoa ,answering some of the criticisms of there being no mutants culture.
    Yet many people see the whole thing as sinister.
    Is anyone right of wrong? Will anyone's mind be changed ? Or is it just interesting to exchange views ?
    The thing is everyone has an agenda.

When there were bubble thoughts in X-men comics, we understood that they said was different from what they thought. And now we should think that the mutants are genuine and trustworthy…
    Last edited by Zelena; 02-27-2020 at 12:00 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I read a few pages of this thread - the spoilers page and more than a dozen of others- before reading the issue, which I just did.

And it's brilliant. Art. Colours- Sunny Gho must be named and praised in this thread. And writing of course. Hickman at is best.

Such a good time to come back to X-men!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

How do you think the council will react to that new religion?

Jean and Storm probably support him. Shaw only cares if it influences his pocket. Exodus will probably be the one who is most excited about the idea, Mystique will make a sarcastic comment but abstain.

What I don't know is what Apocalypse, Sinister, Xavier, Magneto and Emma will vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    'member the tarot cards?

This is so good!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I just got around to reading this.

I think this is, of the ones I've read, Hickman's best X-Men issue. So much moral ambiguity here, and a level of sophistication that's been absent for a long time. Allowing the X-Men's villains onto Krakoa has been a point of contention for many, and this issue demonstrates as to why that is, but the complexity of different ideologies trying to work together leads to interesting results. Another example of people questioning the practices created by Krakoa, and that not everyone is on the same page. Aero's reintroduction was beautiful. Wonderful stuff.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I believe they would see merit in it.
    They, the Quiet Council, should know that they cannot force anyone on Krakoa to adhere to a specific path or teaching if they so don't want to.
    As we've seen throughout the various books...mutants are given the choice and freedom to live where they want, love how they want, be who they want. I would think that also includes worship how they want.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-27-2020 at 12:10 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

What I don't know is what Apocalypse, Sinister, Xavier, Magneto and Emma will vote for.
    My initial admittedly snarky thought is that those 5 would probably only be down if they were the subject of the worship....but overall, I am thinking that many of them would balk. Religion can be experienced as a collection of hitching posts...inflexible but safe...sign post...pointing the way to a journey...or baseball bats...to club those who are not "in." My guess is that there would be a realistic concern among those who took the idea seriously, that it could evolve into the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I had always assumed the Tower card referred to Nimrod’s citadel, but now I’m not so sure. Innnnteresting!
    The Tower Of Ascension was also in the distant future timeline with the Phalanx. I guess the tower is a fixture - something that always comes about - except this time it is in mutant hands.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    He was nearly Pope! Which, of course, made absolutely no sense.
    Found Kurt’s new look...

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

How do you think the council will react to that new religion?

Jean and Storm probably support him. Shaw only cares if it influences his pocket. Exodus will probably be the one who is most excited about the idea, Mystique will make a sarcastic comment but abstain.

I think some will support it, either due to loyalty (Jean and Ororo, possibly Emma) or relief that it’s Kurt suggesting it (Charles and Mags), rather than Sinister or Apocalypse.