Page 90 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1743

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    If Hickman read this topic he would probably be very pleased with his work or laugh a lot .
    lol Hickman would be proud of our 90-page discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    About the Logan and Scott interaction. I can definitely see the undertones of it being flirting but I didn't see that until I came here and read these posts talking about it. As I read the exchange I chuckled because it sounds like something I would have said to one of my friends and I could have have said either Logan or Scott's dialogue (I'm a straight male) and it would just be how I interact with close male friends. I've invited a single male friend on a vacation (he joined us) with my wife and I because we are all mutual friends. To me there was no overtly or implied sexual undertones, it was just two friends having a laugh. I find it really interesting how different peoples perspectives can be based on the lives they live. To be clear I'm not saying any way one chooses to interpret the scene is completely wrong or right just thought I'd chime in on the conversation.
    While it's possible that Marvel will go with this "there's nothing going on, just bros being bros!" interpretation, cause they likely won't want to make an OT3 explicit canon(definetely not the m/m implications at least), I really don't think that's Hickman's intention. He knows about how fans(especially the X-Men fandom) thinks of those things.

There's also the context. Logan is living in their house. Is literally considered part of their family. The whole door arrangement... If not for that then it would make more sense for it to just be nothing.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 02-27-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, Hickman was trying to give us our cake and eat it too with that scene and I think he did a good job of it.

One thing I would also like to point out, about Storm acting this way and even Apocalypse is that, well, being worshipped feels good. Yes, Storm has tried to dent her divinity before, but this time is much different, isn't it? Here, everyone is being told that they are gods, that they should be looked upon in awe and wonder. So why not?

And then you have people like Apocalypse who have always searched out ways to get people to bow to them. And damn, Apocalypse, like Magneto, is finally getting validation for his longheld and often reviled beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Still don't get why people are so obsessed about these titbits in a good or bad way. It's not like it's affecting the mainstream narrative that is been ruining comics for THE LAST 20 years.
    Which tidbits?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Which tidbits?
    I posted titbit

If Hickman read this topic he would probably be very pleased with his work or laugh a lot .
    Oh he is no doubt enjoy a nice drink laughing about how the Marvel fandom is turning on itself after this issue.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I think that there should be a rule about not being able to be brought back in other people's bodies as well as judging mutants based on what kind of power they had. If a mutant didn't have that strong of a mutant power than they don't get to be in the crucible.

Then something happens to make them change their stances on that like another massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    I posted titbit

For good or bad, is basically the very definition of Fandom.

I hope he secretly reads everything. So he can see how he's driving us crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I think that there should be a rule about not being able to be brought back in other people's bodies as well as judging mutants based on what kind of power they had. If a mutant didn't have that strong of a mutant power than they don't get to be in the crucible.

Then something happens to make them change their stances on that like another massacre.
    They are not allowing copies so I think that the "I want Magneto's body" thing won't be allowed. Changing one's mutation completely shouldn't be allowed to imo, because otherwise they'd be just creating homo novissimas hahaha. I do think that fixes to a mutation should be allowed (if it causes pain or it makes it extremely difficult to lead a normal life even on Krakoa).

So, Re: Crucible -

Until we see otherwise, I think that it’s pretty clear that any mutant whose power was either detrimental or harmful to them, with no upside, likely is happy to be human after M-Day, yeah? I mean, has anyone seen My-Spit-Is-Acid-But-I’m-Not-Immune-to-Acid Boy, recently? Or My-Mutant-Power-Is-I’m-a-Tree-Just-a-Tree Girl? What about I-Just-Get-Old-Fast Lad?

I think it’s safe to say that none of them will be participating in Crucible, and they’re probably happy to be baseline human, now.

But what about My-Paintings-Come-To-Life Man? Or I-Can-Turn-Any-Fabric-Into-Another-Type-of-Fabric Lass? Useful/interesting, but hardly combat ready, yeah? Would such non-combat-related mutants be allowed to participate in Crucible if they wanted to? Or would they be bumped up in the Resurrection Queue due to the nature of their powers without having to go through Crucible?

What do we think?

Edit: what if Rasputin is Kitty’s new, Krakoa-made body? Designed by Emma, Storm, Colossus and Magik to house their beloved Kate Pryde’s soul and keep her safe from another attempt on her life upon resurrection, making her the first, and finest, Chimera?

Probably not, but...
    Last edited by zinderel; 02-28-2020 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    So, Re: Crucible -

Until we see otherwise, I think that it’s pretty clear that any mutant whose power was either detrimental or harmful to them, with no upside, likely is happy to be human after M-Day, yeah? I mean, has anyone seen My-Spit-Is-Acid-But-I’m-Not-Immune-to-Acid Boy, recently? Or My-Mutant-Power-Is-I’m-a-Tree-Just-a-Tree Girl? What about I-Just-Get-Old-Fast Lad?

I think it’s safe to say that none of them will be participating in Crucible, and they’re probably happy to be baseline human, now.

But what about My-Paintings-Come-To-Life Man? Or I-Can-Turn-Any-Fabric-Into-Another-Type-of-Fabric Lass? Useful/interesting, but hardly combat ready, yeah? Would such non-combat-related mutants be allowed to participate in Crucible if they wanted to? Or would they be bumped up in the Resurrection Queue due to the nature of their powers without having to go through Crucible?

What do we think?
    Aero's mutation is literally "fly" so it's not that powerful either. I think everyone can take part to the Crucible as long as they want to. And since they're building a nation, non-combat powers like the ones you mentioned could still be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Aero's mutation is literally "fly" so it's not that powerful either. I think everyone can take part to the Crucible as long as they want to. And since they're building a nation, non-combat powers like the ones you mentioned could still be useful.
    Ah. I admit, I’m not super familiar with Aero. But being a Guthrie, I can see her being scrappy enough to insist on doing this, even if she had another option.

Also, do we think the reason people can’t sleep well on Krakoa is because of the low level life energy drain...?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think it's safe to say there are billions of opinions on what "parenting is about".
    There is. I'm still unimpressed at Magneto turning his back on her nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Some of you literally just argue your points and take no interest in the other persons opinion.

It's like only your answers and thoughts are right. You don't take other perspectives into account.

Some of you need to get over yourselves.

Your opinion is not more valid than others.

Like I've read comments where the things your complaining about are actually addressed but you don't like it or it's not a good enough answer for you.

Well fellas/and or ladies...thats on you.
    Look who's talking...

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    That's a tiny bit harsh. I've only commented when I've found the original comment interesting or provocative.People of Earth for instance holds some strong interesting views and when challenged has expanded and explained herself in a interesting and courteous way .Now you're quite right that I'm never going to agree , but the pleasure , surely ,is to experience the views. (And to walk off thinking Bah humbug)
    Well, now I'm blushing! Thank you Nigel, I feel the same way!
    I think it's important to understand where people are coming from in a discussion, hence why I try my best to explain my pov when quoted.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    But... But... Dear Kurt! You had already lost your soul! Please don't forget that!
    Didn’t seem to effect his behaviour much, if at all?

There was also that rather daft idea that he couldn’t be killed because he’d absconded from heaven, and hell sure as hell didn’t want him, but that, along with the ‘no soul’ and body made from demon maggots seems to be being ignored by Hickman and quite right too*

Hickman has his faults, but losing or ignoring some of the more stupid character additions is not one of them.

*because not ignoring it leads to the not very nice idea that he’s still outside the Orchis Forge near Mercury and his body is trying to reform itself only to get refried again every time it does... and we are not going there, thanks.