Page 64 of 117 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    After *FINALLY* getting a chance to read this issue, I gotta say that I'm VERY intrigued and impressed with the progression and pacing. I love how every panel and every piece of dialogue does a perfect job of setting up the overall stakes (see scene w/Cyke and Elf). And, at long last, the fallout of M-Day seems to have a resolution that I am very okay with. It coincides with the "death & rebirth" angle that has been established since HoX/PoX. Overall, BEST ISSUE OF THE SERIES.

This is how serial escalation is done, kids!
    Right on, Fang. Beautifully written and masterfully laid out.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Honestly, considering the Disney+ show, I'm guess Wanda will show up again sometime this year for better or for worse.

BANNED

After *FINALLY* getting a chance to read this issue, I gotta say that I'm VERY intrigued and impressed with the progression and pacing. I love how every panel and every piece of dialogue does a perfect job of setting up the overall stakes (see scene w/Cyke and Elf). And, at long last, the fallout of M-Day seems to have a resolution that I am very okay with. It coincides with the "death & rebirth" angle that has been established since HoX/PoX. Overall, BEST ISSUE OF THE SERIES.

This is how serial escalation is done, kids!
    Hey there ♡
    Commentary on point as usual

BANNED

Hammer dancing on Wanda's grave at 5PM every Friday. THAT is how you kick off Happy Hour.
    me and the girls @ wandas grave each full moon

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    One of the best X-men issues ever.

The discussion about religious meaning in society formation, resurrection, soul, and heaven was so high level for a mainstream book.

At the same time, it's a prelude to this society overthrow under the arrogance of its leaders.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTFSXX View Post
    Yeah, there have been plenty of signs that the whole clan has gone Bats$%t crazy. This issue just sealed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Can we just all admit that the X-Men have officially become a cult?
    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    A better question is, how are they not a cult now?
    I can't believe I actually waded through over 60 pages. I also can't believe how this is going over so many people's heads!

I've been reading Hickman's older Marvel work. I've gone through his FF run(truly fantastic). And I'm mostly through his Avengers run(nowhere near as good, his NA stuff with the Illuminati is obviously what he was more interested in). I have learned that Hickman is mostly fatalistic/pessimistic, and loves to have morally ambiguous deeds be positioned as a 'hard choice in a hard situation', come back to bite people in the end(in spectacular scales).

The parties of Krakoa, the cheeky nods to hedonism/polyamory, the fireworks, are all a setup for a darker turn, and if so many fans didn't see that in this issue in particular, wheeew...!?

The Crucible reminded me of the film Logan's Run, a sci-fi flick from the 70's based on a book from the late 60's. In it, beautiful humans serve their state(in a sealed dome environment) with uncompromising loyalty, and they can order sexy times with whomever they want by flicking through was was essentially a teleporter/3D printer version of Tinder. Everything is great. And there are no old people.

What?

Yep, at age 30 I believe it was, they are led into a coliseum of sorts, in front of everyone else, the over 30's are lead to believe that this ritual leads them to ascension or whatever, but essentially they are killed, to keep people from using up all the resources? It's been a while since I've seen it. Anyways, at some point someone bucks the system and runs from their Carrousel, and they and their lover escape the domed city. They realize their utopia was actually a dystopia(over a 1000 have run from their Carrousel before, it's all swept under the rug). Furthermore, they find out that there are old people beyond the dome, and by the end of the movie, they bring him back to the city of the younglings, who marvel at his wrinkles and grey hairs.

Anyways. Hickman is not a hippie, and this whole thing will go south before the end. If you can't see that turn coming after this issue, wow.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

This is all messed up and will end terribly.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-26-2020 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    As long as it doesn't lead into another nostalgic cashgrab like that lame-assed "Heroic Age", I'm good with Krakoa being the status quo for a good while. Besides, why would anyone want to read about mutants going back to being perpetual victims? Then again, many are into Sado...
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-26-2020 at 08:17 PM.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

BANNED

As long as it doesn't lead into another nostalgic cashgrab like that lame-assed "Heroic Age", I'm good with Krakoa being the status quo for a good while. Besides, why would anyone want to read about mutants going back to being perpetual victims? Then again, many are into Sado...
    some people just hate redudancy until someone tries something else.
    but thankfully sales speak for themselves, and the line consensus is very strong

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Hoo boy. Well this happened.

So what next? Melody/Aero is going to hunt down Lei Ling and punish her for taking up a mutant god-name for her obsolete non-mutant self? Goodbye Chinese super-heroine, along with the Agents of Atlas if they try to save her.

Heck, considering around the time this happens, my comic-book Kabayan, Filipina Pearl Pangan/Wave will have seized the throne of Atlantis from Namor ("Atlantis Attacks"), Krakoa could kill Wave and restore the throne to Namor as proof to him that the god-race takes no **** from non-mutantkind anymore, making him join them.

Additive, not destructive. But as mutants and non-mutants are canonically described as fighting for a limited space that can only support one of them, to add to mutants the creatives must destroy from non-mutants. If Hickman really wants divided reader reactions to his status quo (as opposed to universal acceptance or universal revulsion) he is doing overkill.

Now to skedaddle again before I get Amanda Todd'd. Domino Dare-Doll's already gone anyhoo, I have zero wingmen in this killzone.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    Those that are enjoying it are here for the ride, come what may. If it blows up, it blows up. The writing is stellar.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-26-2020 at 08:17 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Can’t believe we’re still wasting oxygen on that self-loathing trash bag Wanda.

Periodt

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Hoo boy. Well this happened.

So what next? Melody/Aero is going to hunt down Lei Ling and punish her for taking up a mutant god-name for her obsolete non-mutant self? Goodbye Chinese super-heroine, along with the Agents of Atlas if they try to save her.

Heck, considering around the time this happens, my comic-book Kabayan, Filipina Pearl Pangan/Wave will have seized the throne of Atlantis from Namor ("Atlantis Attacks"), Krakoa could kill Wave and restore the throne to Namor as proof to him that the god-race takes no **** from non-mutantkind anymore, making him join them.

Additive, not destructive. But as mutants and non-mutants are canonically described as fighting for a limited space that can only support one of them, to add to mutants the creatives must destroy from non-mutants. If Hickman really wants divided reader reactions to his status quo (as opposed to universal acceptance or universal revulsion) he is doing overkill.

Now to skedaddle again before I get Amanda Todd'd. Domino Dare-Doll's already gone anyhoo, I have zero wingmen in this killzone.
    Melody probably won’t reappear for another three years. Equally, she did have the code name first so I’m not sure of the complaint.

As much as Namor is a mutant, before and after his stint with the X-Men, he seems to have disassociated with that heritage so I doubt Wave would be a target to them. If anything, the X-Men would view Namor as being required to come to the mutant nation of Krakoa rather than protecting the Atlantean throne for him.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Can’t believe we’re still wasting oxygen on that self-loathing trash bag Wanda.

Periodt
    Wanda Maximoff- Mutantkind's Stacey Dash
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Wanda Maximoff- Mutantkind's Stacey Dash
    I could totally see Wanda as a FOX news pundit. Always there to shuck and jive for the man about the “mutant menace”

So the people that don't like whats going on or the story beats.

The people that are liking it. Aren't turning a blind eye. We know things will probably go bad. We know questionable things are happening.

We know Hickman has a long term plan. We've already seen the the wider universe isn't vibing with the mutants.

We've seen Hickman and the DoX writers set up a lot of new villains.

This series is raising a lot of questions that the X-Men have never had to deal with.

It's part of the damn story.

Yeah lets go back to the days when an X-Men issue didnt have 60 pages of engagement.

The X-Men finally being selfish and prospering isn't bad. Let them live for a little. F***.