Page 92 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1743

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Not a personal shot, just some story that I remembered. I don't have any point or anything to proof. I just thought the story was funny to tell on the context, seems like I was wrong.
    Okay that’s what i assumed but it came off it bit weird to me as if I should’ve have felt lucky my wife didn’t cheat on me. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I like that anyone calling into question the validity of making copies of people (clones) had people trying to shout them down on this board only for the characters themselves to ask that obvious question.
    Kurt and Scott posed....the question. Literally just the question that Hickman knew he was gonna get anyway. We already know that this process actually affects Death meaning there’s a whole lot more behind it than the two mutants extrapolate on. Does that mean it’ll be revealed they aren’t the real deal and we’re reading a franchise about clones? Nope, still strongly doubt that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Oh...and there was a Selene in her Black Queen garb sighting. YAY!!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Kurt and Scott posed....the question. Literally just the question that Hickman knew he was gonna get anyway. We already know that this process actually affects Death meaning there’s a whole lot more behind it than the two mutants extrapolate on. Does that mean it’ll be revealed they aren’t the real deal and we’re reading a franchise about clones? Nope, still strongly doubt that.
    There isn't any mention of x-men affecting the Death on valkyrie book

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I'm talking about the common folks on Krakoa, whether they are children who never went through it, or older kids and adults who lived through M-Day but are oblivious to what exactly occured during the aftermath of this event in Children's CrusadeÂ…
    We now know some - probably most - of the Depowered are living on that island.
    And we know they are worshipping the ground Magneto is Walking on whenever he strut around said island.
    If he wanted to spread the Truth, he absolutely could.
    I think Hickman will show Magneto´s pov sooner or later on Wanda but my guess is that he personally doesn´t think there´s much left to be said, her being possesed isn´t reason to make the depowered mutants feel better because there was a will behind her choice, it´s like when Scott killed Xavier under the phoenix force influence, no X-man and even Magneto who was still an ally of Scott after that thought he was 100% innocent, they understood what happened enough not to send him to the Avengers after he scaped? yes Did they thought he was 100% innocent? No at all.

Now, to be fair, the X-Men also know about the Truth behind M-Day, they too could set the records straight if they so wished. In fact, the ones with a little intellectual honesty and morality should do just that. But I Believe that between the X-Men and Magneto, it's Magneto's responsibility to tell the Truth, as Wanda's father.
    Never gonna happen, I know.
    The truth is that she absolutely made a Hex that affected ppl who had nothing to do with her family spat while holding a power she chose to seek to get back her children, so I don´t think it´s a surprise not even that was enough to convince the X-men she was 100% innocent. They already have Jean´s example with the Dark Phoenix and not even her being possesed by the phoenix force was enough for even "Jean" to say she was completely innocent so from the X-men perspective why should it be different with Wanda?

Wanda could, if she had knowledge of Magneto actually being possessed by an external entity while causing a catastrophe.
    And I personally wouldn't mind her doing so, quite the countrary - it would be fair of her to acknowledge that and act appropriately as a result.
    Also, that Jim Cheung's art is still amazing.
    I don´t think this would ever happen there´s way too much bad blood for her to think on fairness lest remember she still got angry at him because he killed red skull after he build a concentration camp in the middle of Genosha the same day he was mentally and tortured by him so I doubt she would be much different even if he inded was possesed by something.

Yes and no.
    They want to avoid direct confrontation, yes.
    They want to expand their sphere of influence, also yes.
    But they are doing all of that in order to takeover the world, as its "true inheritors".
    That's their endgame.
    Not all nations have that final goal, let alone are so open about it, but Krakoa does.
    Not all nations have supremacist velleities, but Krakoa absolutely does - or at the very least, their current government.
    Their Endgame is to keep the people that build super sentinels and nimrods out of enough political and economic power to keep attacking Krakoa so they get neutralized that way without firing shots, that´s what Magneto meant by saying they wanted to avoid a War.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-28-2020 at 03:00 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Ideally this will end in modern day mystcism or new age theory or maybe Kurt will see that a new religion isn't going to be successful and finally something people don't need including himself. Again, the former can still go bad, as non Abrahamic religions can also become corrupt or cults.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Ideally this will end in modern day mystcism or new age theory or maybe Kurt will see that a new religion isn't going to be successful and finally something people don't need including himself. Again, the former can still go bad, as non Abrahamic religions can also become corrupt or cults.

I am saying this as an atheist....but part of Kurt's appeal to me is his faith. It is a part of his character since the beginning and added depth to him. To throw it away would be a disservice to the character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am saying this as an atheist....but part of Kurt's appeal to me is his faith. It is a part of his character since the beginning and added depth to him. To throw it away would be a disservice to the character.
    Yeah, no matter how you feel about faith personally, it's hard to really hate Kurt's faith. If he throws it away entirely, it wouldn't be a good thing and it would just bring up more questions.

Spectacular Member

kurt starting a mutant religion doesn't necessarily means it'll completely contradict any christian/catholic dogma

it could just be like the protestant reformation, later day saints, etc. just incorporates what comes before it

dude can still have his faith in a creator, whomever he believes is said creator. the religion is just for the new nation

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    While it's possible that Marvel will go with this "there's nothing going on, just bros being bros!" interpretation, cause they likely won't want to make an OT3 explicit canon(definetely not the m/m implications at least), I really don't think that's Hickman's intention. He knows about how fans(especially the X-Men fandom) thinks of those things.

There's also the context. Logan is living in their house. Is literally considered part of their family. The whole door arrangement... If not for that then it would make more sense for it to just be nothing.
    I also felt the dialogue was very deliberate because they want us to see what we want to see when it comes to the romantic relationships of Scott, Jean, Wolverine and Emma. I do think most straight guys will see the interaction as a typical 'bro' comment. Which it could be. I do think the queer baiting was very deliberate and could be problematic (though some many lgbt x-fans seem to love it and be all about it especially on twitter).

In the very least Scott and Logan are no longer rivals or feel threatened by each other and they have a deep connection as friends and possibly more if they share lovers or if they have some sort of intimacy (whether physical, mental, or some other way).

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, no matter how you feel about faith personally, it's hard to really hate Kurt's faith. If he throws it away entirely, it wouldn't be a good thing and it would just bring up more questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    kurt starting a mutant religion doesn't necessarily means it'll completely contradict any christian/catholic dogma

it could just be like the protestant reformation, later day saints, etc. just incorporates what comes before it

dude can still have his faith in a creator, whomever he believes is said creator. the religion is just for the new nation
    I don’t see Kurt turning away from his faith. I see him trying to reconcile it with the ‘miracles’ on Krakoa.
    Which is entirely justified, I think his only other option would be to turn his back on Krakoa and all his friends and family, and he doesn’t want to do that.
    Krakoans are already treating the resurrections with religious, ritual ceremony and I can see how difficult that would be for a Christian, for a Catholic, if the resurrections were handled purely as a medical procedure, while I think he’d still have valid questions, I don’t think they would have come to a head yet.

He feels he needs theological answers to his questions, not scientific, logical ones, and that the answers are not just for him but for everyone. I do hope he sets up a group of spiritual mutants to discuss this. We don’t need to see the discussion, but it would be interesting nonetheless.

Of course, we don’t know what’s going on inside his head, I’m assuming we’ll find out later down the line, but we do know Kurt and that his intentions will be honest and honourable and pure.
    Whether he can carry that through is an entirely different matter.

And how it will tie into the chimeras and Cardinal in the future. The sword Cardinal carries is the same one Kurt has in the summer Swords of X crossover, so this is a pertinent plot line.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I like this! And the other question raised about what if you fail the Crucible? Do you get another shot or are you boned?

I’d love to see BOTH of these questions addressed. If we’re lucky, maybe we will! Have to wait and see, though.
    I don't know much about whether Leech was depowered,after M day but assuming he was and wants his power back as a means of self defence on Krakoa.Lets assume he was bullied by humans and that has carried over as an insecurity.What does Apoc and the QC do? Do they grant him his wish or he is denied as a useless to their cause or better yet just like pre cogs he is a weapon that could be used by the 'enemy' and so his wish to be what he was is denied? A similar example could be Fabian Cortez, if his power could supercharge powers beyond 'safe levels' and he was depowered is he a persona non Grata?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I don't know much about whether Leech was depowered,after M day but assuming he was and wants his power back as a means of self defence on Krakoa.Lets assume he was bullied by humans and that has carried over as an insecurity.What does Apoc and the QC do? Do they grant him his wish or he is denied as a useless to their cause or better yet just like pre cogs he is a weapon that could be used by the 'enemy' and so his wish to be what he was is denied? A similar example could be Fabian Cortez, if his power could supercharge powers beyond 'safe levels' and he was depowered is he a persona non Grata?
    Leech has his powers....but Artie doesn't. Val made Artie a device that mimics his powers.

Astonishing Member

Leech has his powers....but Artie doesn't. Val made Artie a device that mimics his powers.
    Be that as it may I'm looking at the ethics of the crucible, is Leech allowed on Krakoa, can Fabian Cortez be resurrected? It seems that some mutants like Emplate,Selene and Proteus have been catered for but how do they treat guys like Leech and Fabian because in light of X-Men #7 it would imply they are Krakoans alright but they are a nuisance to the nation

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I like this! And the other question raised about what if you fail the Crucible? Do you get another shot or are you boned?
    How can you fail the crucible?? All you gotta do is die

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Be that as it may I'm looking at the ethics of the crucible, is Leech allowed on Krakoa, can Fabian Cortez be resurrected? It seems that some mutants like Emplate,Selene and Proteus have been catered for but how do they treat guys like Leech and Fabian because in light of X-Men #7 it would imply they are Krakoans alright but they are a nuisance to the nation
    Why would Leech not be welcome? He'd probably like to spend time in Arizona or wherever the other Morlocks are tho. Fabian was already seemingly resurrected not sure if anyone iis clamoring for him to come back tho lol
    GrindrStone(D)