Page 11 of 117 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Well it has been teased since HoX/PoX or whenever it showed Charles bringing Doug to Krakoa. Just another tease here.
    I mean, the warlock arm has been a thing forever. It's just they never extrapolated anything about the whole Warlock thing and it just is there.

sitting there

menacingly

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    More cult things. Not a fan of it.
    Don`t see how X-Men would be ok with this. It is forced.
    Agreed with You X_x

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Can Kurt still be a Christian while founding a new religion?
    of course not.

The thing is, with how simple it is the resurrection in Krakoa, more than dying is practically like those operations in which they have to stop your heart for a few minutes while connecting you to a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's not subtext. This was played so people on twitter would be all over it, writer have no intention of follow up
    I'm sure the same would be said about Byrne and Mantlo with Northstar or Claremont with Mystique and Destiny had Twitter been around back in the day.

Given that we don't know what Hickman would do if his hands weren't tied by the folks who actually own the IP, I give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to that particular aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    They're not killing people with their disabilities for the sole reason they have a disability or for eugenetics! They're repowering mutants through a fight trial and, as nandes said, it's a voluntary thing and it was to avoid suicides.
    They make people with disabilities feel lesser an donly can be complete as mutants. That is very wrong and ableist
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm sure the same would be said about Byrne and Mantlo with Northstar or Claremont with Mystique and Destiny had Twitter been around back in the day.

Given that we don't know what Hickman would do if his hands weren't tied by the folks who actually own the IP, I give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to that particular aspect.
    That was 30 years ago. now they can write the gay chaarcters as they want

today can only be called queerbait, there isn't comics code authority anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The thing is, with how simple it is the resurrection in Krakoa, more than dying is practically like those operations in which they have to stop your heart for a few minutes while connecting you to a machine.
    Only it’s absolutely not and it’s totally weird and this is comics and we love Kurt Wagner for his mind, heart, love and fear. He better be in the MCU as a thoughtful adult. *rage fists at the sky*

I love the Guthrie family (I’m biased because I’m Appalachian too). This issue was great and I loved the questions that were brought up. Comics can be challenging and philosophical. I am loving this new era. Nightcrawler and Cyclops were great in this issue. Bring on mutant religion to go with mutant culture and society.

Hickman took some Morrison concepts and put them on steroids. If you recall Morrison brought up mutant culture and brought up mutant sociology. It took years but we have arrived.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I mean, the warlock arm has been a thing forever. It's just they never extrapolated anything about the whole Warlock thing and it just is there.

sitting there

menacingly
    Also there is that moment where Doug touched the plants on Krakoa when he first arrived with Charles and they became techno-organic. It could have been the first interface with the island as well as Warlock starting to reconstitute himself. Given his pacifism and how he was awfully exploited in Uncanny X-Men, would you blame Warlock from hiding from the world in his best friend?

BANNED

its meant to be weird and alien, and I love it!

This was so freaking good.

I'm sitting here shocked. Its a good shock...cause I have no idea where this is going and I'm excited about it.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Only it’s absolutely not and it’s totally weird and this is comics and we love Kurt Wagner for his mind, heart, love and fear. He better be in the MCU as a thoughtful adult. *rage fists at the sky*
    Being a member of a government and reflecting on the philosophy and morality of your actions is not being a "thoughtful adult"?

He and Scott are all the comic expressing their doubts and questions about the matter. They are talking, discussing, reflecting, making decisions, not fighting and organizing Schisms.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    of course not.
    Sure he can. Many religions are combinations of other religions and various practices.

Mighty Member

Also the implication of Krakoan structures is also very unsettling.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Being a member of a government and reflecting on the philosophy and morality of your actions is not being a "thoughtful adult"?
    Emm See You. The movies. Comics Kurt is *chefs kiss*