Page 23 of 117 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    When I saw the teaser Marvel posted this morning I actually thought the girl with the blade could have been Wind Dancer. But she.was.not.
    I actually kept thinking. Wow. That kind of looks like Sofia.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Uncanny Avengers still happened though. Also, the Avengers and the entire MU held Cyclops accountable for killing Xavier in AvX even if he was influenced by the Phoenix Force too.
    Hence the need for a crazy, self-hating Super-Skrull to take the blame for all the bad writing and editorial dogmatism that enraged the readership. I mean, come on. WandaÂ’s sorta Chaos Magic fuelled Hex powers just so happen to be the polar opposite of the cosmic force of Life and Creation/Destruction Incarnate? Really. WouldnÂ’t that make her some kind of cosmic.... Void?

BANNED

Sofia is gonna take a hand or two before goin down

There hasn't been a proper resolution to the Wanda thing which is why she us treated this way

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    No, please no! Just leave it alone.
    It’s been, what? Fifteen years? It’s not going away, so they might as well tie a knot in it and fix the problem at source. YMMV

Hickman is truly becoming a myth. I will give him that. He knows that fans aren't really satisfied with resurrection protocols but he raises that doubt himself but with subtly and in his own way. He is keeping fans on the edge of the seat.

Last edited by Keno; 02-26-2020 at 11:20 AM.

By the way, technically have not they allowed:
    1) That a mutant kills a human
    2) That a human lives in Krakoa?

Perhaps depowered mutants are in an intermediate category between mutant and human.

I think Wanda offering to do community service in Genosha digging up the dead and getting them prepped fot ressurection would be a start.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I think Wanda offering to do community service in Genosha digging up the dead and getting them prepped fot ressurection would be a start.
    They are zombies in Empyre.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    It'd be funny if the Scarlet Witch walks through the gates. They'd have no idea what to do with her
    When they called her pretender.I got game of thrones vibe. I can see the Quiet Council turning into Westeros hehe Scott and Jean and Kurt having doubts about the mutants rising up as mutants but whitewalkers.Emma of house Stark seeing the sense in the depowered mutants having choice.Xavier doesn't want to reveal that he is the mad Targaryen,seeing no choice but to do this for logistical reasons.Magneto the Baratheon revelling in the ceremony that helps build Krakoans solidarity.Mustique seething with revenge like a Martel wanting justice for 'Irene' .Apocalypse in his Dothraki accent testing every depowered mutant for their 'metal' in his 'only the fit are worthy' paradigm.Redberry echoing blueberry like Melissandre that those without mutant powers are insects.Shaw like a Lannister ready to betray the crown to pay his debts,Sinister scheming like Littlefinger as to how he can have every mutant mind enslaved in a hivemind by overlock and someday everything will be Sinister.
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-26-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    Some day, hopefully not too far in this post-Bendis Marvel future, with the MCU having the rights to the X-Universe again, one of Marvel’s X-writers is going to ‘remember’ that the whole Disassembled shitstorm made not a lick of sense where the Scarlet Witch was concerned and isn’t it odd that the Vision was understood to be a living, sentient, capable of tears and other kinds of secretions (synthetic) man who only got turned into a jumped-up toaster by John Byrne at the start of a run in which the Scarlet Witch went tonto bonkers and started messing with reality.

Shorter - the sooner someone retcons the mess Bendis made out of the Wanda/Vision marriage by revealing there’s a rogue Scarlet Witch/Sentry Super-Skrull out there who has been playing with reality the better.
    that writer's name is jonathan hickman, and he is going to undo all of the wanda-not-being-a-mutant mess, i don't see how anybody hasn't seen it yet. it was purely because of the fox-mcu dispute

Does the book confirm that Melody has her memories from her post-NoMoreMutants "human" life?

I ask because Cerebro catalogs mutant memories, not human ones.

Is the Crucible basically sacrificing these years/months of human in favor of resetting her to her mutant self, ie memories and persona?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Josh Guthrie is back baby! Now he and Dust can finally get together! Only if Dust wasn’t in the champions.
    After this issue, I wonder how someone as religious as Dust feels about this?

BANNED

They're not gonna undo anything.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Hickman is truly becoming a myth. I will give him that. He knows that fans aren't really satisfied with resurrection protocols but he raises that doubt himself but with subtly and in his own way. He is keeping fans on the edge of the seat.
    Hickman has already drawn out plans for about a dozen sci-fi tropes that he is going to slowly explore over however long he is on this. No doubt that he already knew he was going to be making these questions a topic long before he started writing HoX #1. Expect plenty of this way of playing with the readers, as long as the readers stay patient with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    By the way, technically have not they allowed:
    1) That a mutant kills a human
    2) That a human lives in Krakoa?

Perhaps depowered mutants are in an intermediate category between mutant and human.
    Good questions, the kind of questions that make me feel like thinking too much about the 'rules' of Hickman's world are only as defined as the issue they get mentioned, only to support the drama of the moment.