Page 26 of 117 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I can't believe Melody Guthrie was the first mutant to be repowered this way

I know they don't have a lot of other choices left but still, wow. When's Sofia signing up?
    I would've loved that. I really honestly don't remember Melody from anything. Having Sofia be the first would have been far more preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    X-men in 2017: The inhumans need to give up the terrigenenis cloud. Losing lives isn't worth having super powers.

X-men in 2020: Hey, you should get yourself killed so you can have superpowers again. C'mooooon, Apocalypse will say you're COOL!
    To be fair, people killed by those clouds couldn't be ressurected.

Astonishing Member

Am beginning to think the church of concordance in life 9 was an answer to the Krakoans religion we are still yet to see. Or the Krakoans themselves are pre-empting the machines.The similarities are uncanny.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Giant Sized got all the hype, but this was THE issue of the week, and a strong candidate for best of Dawn of X so far. I particularly love that it addresses many of the questions people have about resurrections, but without providing a clear answer. Also good to have Scott and Kurt have a long talk, because it's been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I would've loved that. I really honestly don't remember Melody from anything. Having Sofia be the first would have been far more preferable.
    My guess is that they wanted to show the Guthrie element of the storyline, so it worked. And being that everyone is so happy to see Jay I'm guessing that worked. But yeah, it could have been Sofia in that same role.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

I think this might have been my favorite issue. Been waiting for an issue like this.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    To be fair, people killed by those clouds couldn't be ressurected.
    Where was that stated?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Giant Sized got all the hype, but this was THE issue of the week, and a strong candidate for best of Dawn of X so far. I particularly love that it addresses many of the questions people have about resurrections, but without providing a clear answer. Also good to have Scott and Kurt have a long talk, because it's been a while.
    Kurt’s dialogue was spot on, both for being in character and for being the voice of the fans.
    And, yes, this was the comic of the week, by a country mile, there was three issues worth of ideas in there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    So it is ok to mutants get homo novissima'd. but humans can't
    I think the will concept is like a human 'last will and testament'
    I think because they are now immortal it is more binding,you expect that you 'bequeath' your body ,memories and powers to only yourself.I think it helps in defining personality otherwise Krakoa would at worst be a state where you'd have folks fighting over powers like it's money or have some weird hivemind society where all have the same power set

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    @jbenito

Don't say that

Wind Dancer is a passionate Wind goddess.

My feisty Venezuelan would definitely want her powers back.

I forgot to quote the person so this doesn't make sens out of context.

CBR she really allow us to delete posts.
    It's because I love her that I used her as an example!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    When I saw the teaser Marvel posted this morning I actually thought the girl with the blade could have been Wind Dancer. But she.was.not.
    One. hundred. percent. exactly. what. I. thought. And then a poster mentioned in the •-[A]-• thread that he had a moment with a de-powered mutant. I was like OMG it's her!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Lmao Krakoans are really triggered by Wanda! Meanwhile she has both her kids back, is in perfect metal health, cut out the part of herself she always hated the most, has a new man, has created a great friendship with the ex love of her life, and is basically living her best life!! While the mere mention of her name invokes Chaos on Krakoa you have to Stan that level of influence!!

BTW if they have such beef with Wanda why have none of them approached her? If she's a criminal to the Krakoan/Mutant race why have none of them tried to bring her in? They know where she stays!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Where was that stated?
    Ressurection protocols didn't exist in 2017

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Lmao Krakoans are really triggered by Wanda! Meanwhile she has both her kids back, is in perfect metal health, cut out the part of herself she always hated the most, has a new man, has created a great friendship with the ex love of her life, and is basically living her best life!! While the mere mention of her name invokes Chaos on Krakoa you have to Stan that level of influence!!

BTW if they have such beef with Wanda why have none of them approached her? If she's a criminal to the Krakoan/Mutant race why have none of them tried to bring her in? They know where she stays!
    cause shes an avenger hence untouchable, using her as propaganda is a very smart move

Yu draws Apocalypse how Apocalypse should be drawn.

I'm ok with these snapshot, moments in time, pieces of a larger whole issues that establish the new reality of Krakoa. They're super interesting and great for depth that I feel like you don't get in a lot of other books. (This is NOT including Hordeculture). BUT, they must lead to something bigger eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I can't believe Melody Guthrie was the first mutant to be repowered this way

I know they don't have a lot of other choices left but still, wow. When's Sofia signing up?
    I mean I thought the same thing...Sofia having a badass face off against A would've been amazing, but the Guthrie element definitely seemed needed. Sofia's close ties are people she hasn't been on-panel with in over a decade so Idk who would've been in the sidelines wanting to step in other than Dani Moonstar. Melody had like...two lines of dialogue before M-Day but her last name built her role.

This issue was also an interesting juxtaposition to Melody's last appearance in the feel good/saccharine Fearless miniseries where she was told she would always have a place with the X-Men despite losing her powers.