Page 32 of 117 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Thunderbird not being resurrected is very weird.
    Not really. Sinister stole his DNA to make himself mutant. It would be suspicious for the rest of mutants if they found CASUALLY the same mutant gene in Sinister and Thunderbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Not really. Sinister stole his DNA to make himself mutant. It would be suspicious for the rest of mutants if they found CASUALLY the same mutant gene in Sinister and Thunderbird.
    Plus as ExodusCloak said they might not have his backup.

Well that happened.

DOOM.DOOM.DOOM.DOOM.

Seriously bad signs all around/
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Yes, he died very early in the X-Men.

Astonishing Member

That tower that is depicted in the cards of HoXPoX and kind of like the tower in Nimrod's city is mysterious here.It is on Krakoa repairs itself against Wolverine but lets Nightcrawler through showing him his greatest architectural desire..it's like it's sentient.I doubt they threw that there just for the sake.Is that the gateway to 'No place'? It has got me curious.What do you guys think.It seems only Nightcrawler was allowed and only because he took a leap of faith( we know his line of sight porting limitation)

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If that's the case what's the point of dying? Seems like the 5 could achieve power restoration without Goldballs or Egg whatever the **** he goes by now.
    Because it's probably easier to grow a mutant from scratch since that's the process they already have in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    All beautifully said, zinderel. Hickman drew a line in the sand with this issue - creepy and questionable at times but this is where we're going. I'm 200% on board and am beyond excited for what's coming.

The layers and layers that he is building upon with are masterful. And it seems pretty clear to me that Wanda is coming.
    Thanks! I love seeing the Mutant race defining themselves, right or wrong, on their own terms instead of continuing to define themselves in the language and mindsets of their oppressors. It’s long past overdue! And, just like in the real world when people of color and queer folks stopped allowing their oppressors to define them, people who styled themselves as progressive reveal their true colors in reaction.
    Last edited by zinderel; 02-26-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    That tower that is depicted in the cards of HoXPoX and kind of like the tower in Nimrod's city is mysterious here.It is on Krakoa repairs itself against Wolverine but lets Nightcrawler through showing him his greatest architectural desire..it's like it's sentient.I doubt they threw that there just for the sake.Is that the gateway to 'No place'? It has got me curious.What do you guys think.It seems only Nightcrawler was allowed and only because he took a leap of faith( we know his line of sight porting limitation)
    Maybe it's related to religion? Like Cardinal's species were some kind of hivemind based on religion so probably it could be related to that.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    No one is talking about Skin (Angelo Espinosa).
    Argh, yes!! So much was going on that I forgot to mention him. Great to see him!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

I get the feeling that part of the point of having all the villains on Krakoa, or at least part of the benefit to Hickman, is that he can put pretty much any controversial statement in the mouth of a character like Apocalypse or Exodus and leave the readers to argue over whether we're supposed to agree with them or not.

It reminds me of how I once read that any time Shakespeare wanted to express a controversial idea he would put it in the mouth of a villain or an insane person.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This was way out there. This seemed like A has updated his survival of the fittest view of mutants and has created a right of passage of mutant repowering.

One of the best X-men issues ever.

The discussion about religious meaning in society formation, resurrection, soul, and heaven was so high level for a mainstream book.

At the same time, it's a prelude to this society overthrow under the arrogance of its leaders.

Never would I have expected Melody to be the star of an issue. I’m glad she’s back though. She joins the ranks of Paige and Jay in having been killed off. It’s a Guthrie family trend.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I get the feeling that part of the point of having all the villains on Krakoa, or at least part of the benefit to Hickman, is that he can put pretty much any controversial statement in the mouth of a character like Apocalypse or Exodus and leave the readers to argue over whether we're supposed to agree with them or not.

It reminds me of how I once read that any time Shakespeare wanted to express a controversial idea he would put it in the mouth of a villain or an insane person.
    In the past comics I read, each time a villain said something controversial, there's someone to react to it, saying something like 'This is wrong'.

It was maybe underlined but it was better than this spineless attitude the goods guys had. We have the villains that are really villains and the good people who… remain aloof.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Petra, Sway and Gabriel’s backups must all date from before Giant-size X-Men.