Page 17 of 117 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That is what happened. people can interpret how they want, but it is a fact
    They are elements that you don't care about that is making you say that but in grand scheme what are you complaining about they are not dying. I mean trying to defend your point will probably lead into defending that deaths matter. And I am pretty sure you are one of those people who where going deaths don't matter in these books. It is weird how supposedly meaningless death have meaning.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Spirit, I'm normally with you fam, but BEING HUMAN IS NOT A DISABILITY!!!! Don't let the cult drive you crazy.
    From a superhuman viewpoint, humans kind of look disabled.

The thing is, the concept of death, as we understand it, is no longer the same as the mutants understand it. How will it be, if they are immortal?

The fact that death is something different from what we understand makes evidently their morality and culture different from us. It seems strange to us, alien, because the concept of living without death seems unlikely.

It's all clearly predefined, Scott and Kurt argue about it.

Re: The wills. I do want to see how wills that are essentially DNR orders get handled. I wonder if some on the council will see that as a wish that can't be honored, or if it gets shrugged off as "surrender".

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Re: The wills. I do want to see how wills that are essentially DNR orders get handled. I wonder if some on the council will see that as a wish that can't be honored, or if it gets shrugged off as "surrender".
    I think that if someone doesn't want to resurrect they won't, even if it's pure pragmatism because they still have millions of Genosha mutants in the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    From a superhuman viewpoint, humans kind of look disabled.
    Being a mutant is belonging to a society where you don't have to suffer from hunger and cold.

Being a human is being estranged from this society: it isn't necessarily about powers.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Say what you will about the art and its lack of emotive faces: for me, this was an absolutely beautiful issue -- thematically and emotionally.

It's funny, but Hickman has made a lot of choices that are similar to what I've always imagined I'd do if given the X-reins, and in this issue we get yet another example: Nightcrawler founding a mutant religion. If the similarities continue, it'll be based on ideas surrounding the Phoenix, the Askani, the White Hot Room, and other bits of X-lore.

-Pav, who always imagined Archangel forming a rival religion based on Clan Akkaba and Apocalypse...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

What are Aero's powers? Wasnt it just flight?

I feel like Apocalypse would think those are useless.

But he was really nice this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    What are Aero's powers? Wasnt it just flight?

I feel like Apocalypse would think those are useless.

But he was really nice this issue.
    Yes, she just flies.

And Apocalypse seems quite "tame." While the mutants show a willingness to fight for Krakoa, he seems to care little about their current power. Like "intention is what counts".

Really good issue.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Amazing Member

I have a lot of problems with this issue, although I was in a rush and read it very fast. OK I get there's no other way to restore M-Day victims' powers other than killing them and then transferring the mind to a healthy clone body. But why in the world do the victims need to duel Apocalypse to the death? What? Xavier can just knock them out so they don't feel pain, Wolverine kill them as quickly as possible, resurrect them and be done with it. The duel with Apocalypse in an arena had a horrific hazing vibe I'm not ok with.

And don't anyone have any objections to this? Even if Xavier and Magneto are Apocalypse's biggest fans now for some reason, I just can't imagine say Warren Worthington being ok with all this. (For that matter, while they explained the restoration of Wolvie's adamantium they haven't explained why Beast, Archangel, and especially Cyclops don't revert to being non-blue and not needing a visor now there's no brain damage respectively, although I concede Xavier may have lost copies of Beast and Archangel's pre-blue DNA)

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    I have a lot of problems with this issue, although I was in a rush and read it very fast. OK I get there's no other way to restore M-Day victims' powers other than killing them and then transferring the mind to a healthy clone body. But why in the world do the victims need to duel Apocalypse to the death? What? Xavier can just knock them out so they don't feel pain, Wolverine kill them as quickly as possible, resurrect them and be done with it. The duel with Apocalypse in an arena had a horrific hazing vibe I'm not ok with.

And don't anyone have any objections to this? Even if Xavier and Magneto are Apocalypse's biggest fans now for some reason, I just can't imagine say Warren Worthington being ok with all this. (For that matter, while they explained the restoration of Wolvie's adamantium they haven't explained why Beast, Archangel, and especially Cyclops don't revert to being non-blue and not needing a visor now there's no brain damage respectively, although I concede Xavier may have lost copies of Beast and Archangel's pre-blue DNA)
    Surely you noticed before that the X-men are not anymore like they were…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I feel like this was the first Crucible so it was like a showing.

I think he used Apocalypse because it would carry more weight.

Or it did for me at least.

Plus Logan didnt want to be involved.

He made it clear its the choice of the mutant if they choose to go through with the crucsible repowering method.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm guessing the people complaining aren't grasping the situation. The Crucible ritual shows that the applicant has the resolve to face death and acts as a control factor so a bunch of people just don't off themselves recklessly to get their powers back.
    "Cable was right!"

wow!!! i loved it....so complex...so many mixed feelings reading it...very provocative. It was very brutal....horrible to read (watch) the Crucible.

Lol at the disrespect for Wanda. ....it was glorious!
    A picture would last longer darling...