Page 27 of 117 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I can't believe Melody Guthrie was the first mutant to be repowered this way

I know they don't have a lot of other choices left but still, wow. When's Sofia signing up?
    for drama they wanted it to be a depowered mutant with mutant relatives who would be against seeing his relative die
    they could have done it with nightcrawler, he has 2 depowered mutant brothers, one was even a Horseman in Age of Apocalypse, Abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    BTW if they have such beef with Wanda why have none of them approached her? If she's a criminal to the Krakoan/Mutant race why have none of them tried to bring her in? They know where she stays!
    Likely because none of these writers want to work with such a lame character?

BANNED

But i think this is likely the end of 1 story 1 issue arc, since we have 2 space/new mutants issues next back to back, then an empyre tie in and the issue that follows has a premiss that is very very on the nose for the story at hand.

Has anyone ever asked why Wanda can't just say "No more 'no more mutants'"?

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitan View Post
    Likely because none of these writers want to work with such a lame character?
    If they didn't want to work with her, Hickman wouldn't be referencing a decades old story. I'm sure the Scarlet With and Quicksilver will pop up somewhere down the line

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I think this was addressed in Children's Crusade when she repowered Rictor, but then in Uncanny Avengers she basically just didn't want to and didn't think she did anything wrong.

BANNED

because she wasted all the baby making life force juice on doom

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Yeah, actually, Children's Crusade showed that after repowering Rictor she lost whatever hopped-up magic made her so powerful in House of M, so she can no longer give any mutant back their powers.
    Last edited by gurkle; 02-26-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yeah, actually, Children's Crusade showed that after repowering Rictor she lost whatever hopped-up magic made her so powerful in House of M, so she can no longer give any mutant back their powers.
    That and she really just doesn't give a ****. She pretty much said so in Uncanny Avengers.

Extraordinary Member

A reminder, Rich Johnston said last August that Marvel was planning to do some Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver/Magneto stuff in 2020 but it may have been put on hold until after they see what the WandaVision series is going to do with Wanda.

Johnston's gossip isn't always right, but it does fit with Wanda being barely in any comics and Pietro being in none, so I would place my bets that Hickman's "Pretender" references are leading to something, especially since this issue was the first time we've actually seen a clear image of Wanda in full costume. She's not physically present but she's getting closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    That and she really just doesn't give a ****. She pretty much said so in Uncanny Avengers.
    While she was written as a jerk in Uncanny Avengers (but everyone was, except, weirdly, Wolverine), it never said she had the power to give mutants their powers back, and no one ever brought up the issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if some writers/editors just thought everyone was repowered by AvX. It's not what happened but it was such a confusing story that who could blame anyone for not knowing what was going on?
    Last edited by gurkle; 02-26-2020 at 12:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    While she was written as a jerk in Uncanny Avengers (but everyone was, except, weirdly, Wolverine), it never said she had the power to give mutants their powers back, and no one ever brought up the issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if some writers/editors just thought everyone was repowered by AvX. It's not what happened but it was such a confusing story that who could blame anyone for not knowing what was going on?
    she says she has the power to decimate mutants again with enough power and time

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    she says she has the power to decimate mutants again with enough power and time
    tbh, if she tries it again, Storm will kick her ass

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    After this issue, I wonder how someone as religious as Dust feels about this?
    This would actually be a great story. But as I said I believe Dust is in the upcoming Champions series.

Welcome home, sweetness. I was very happy to see your family as well.

Nice to see Ric on the island with everyone. As a formerly de-powered mutant, this would be of interest to him. I'm pretending he's recording his podcast covering the event.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Paradise isn’t free. You have to be made to understand and appreciate what Krakoa offers you. You have to prove that you’re worthy of it. That you’ll cultivate and protect it. That you’ll die for it.

Edit: Krakoa isn’t for wimps
    Um except it IS free for everyone that died before Krakoa and will be resurrected, for everyone that lived and kept their powers, and for everyone that gained powers after M-day and just walked through a random gate lol. I don't see them making all those mutants do trial by combat. I thought the whole point of Krakoa was to escape this kind of violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah it is also better from that point of view. If they said yooo kill yourself, everyone! they'd have mass suicides and no way to bring everyone back soon.
    Why in the world would there be mass suicides? They would have no guarantee that they would be resurrected right away instead of years and years in the future after all the Genosha victims or that the whole resurrection thing wouldn't collapse in that time. That seems pretty risky and crazy thinking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yeah, I don't think the reader is supposed to put this book down buying into whatever the villain is selling.
    And yet that is exactly what a bunch of the ardent Krakoa status quo defenders on this board are doing, just like they have with a bunch of the other questionable things brought on by this Hickman era(like the villains being there in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    People like to use the words "villians" when the words antagonist is really what you mean. To many discussion break into Black and White when there is a ton of Gray in the story.
    Oh come on! Regardless of where you stand on this Crucible thing, I don't see how anyone could argue that Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister and the like are anything other than villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    The funny thing is that although I do not condemn the new mutant tradition at all with the mutants who lost their powers to join Krakoa on the other hand the way Wanda is portrayed in Krakoa makes me a little uncomfortable.

Don't get me wrong I understand that someone like Wanda could not be treated positively in a mutant nation but considering what happened to her was something beyond her will in a moment of madness she is very close to being portrayed as something similar Hitler or the devil and that worries me a little.
    Yep I find it highly disturbing as well. I feel the same about all the praise and worship Magneto is getting from mutant kids on the island too.