Page 21 of 117 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They were depowered when they died, how do they 'earn' the right to be repowered?
    It’s granted upon resurrection

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Exodus was outstanding. In Hickman I trust and I cannot wait for more of his grand plan.
    Yep my boy Exodus finally acting like Exodus!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    doom was responsible is a papper thin retcon that makes 0 sense considering doctor doom was in hell during that event, and even the characthers themselves suspect he was lying to protect her.
    Did he give her the power she wanted to bring her hell spawn homunculli back so he could take it? yeah i can see that, did he make wanda unleash her self hate, pitty and daddy issues on a entire species with no benefit to him?
    No way jose
    Then Victor shows up in X-Men/F4 saying he'll never do anything to harm mutants except sic a reality warping madwoman on them.

Bless the Mess.
    "Cable was right!"

It'd be funny if the Scarlet Witch walks through the gates. They'd have no idea what to do with her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I would feel bad for Scarlet Witch if Remender hadn't written her saying "What's wrong with no more mutants?"
    eternal mood. but its done and canon

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It’s granted upon resurrection
    I think I will have to reread this again tonight when I have more time, as I am not sure what the problem they are trying to solve by having the crucible actually is. Wall of text and all that, I got the gist but obviously not the details.

Spectacular Member

Some day, hopefully not too far in this post-Bendis Marvel future, with the MCU having the rights to the X-Universe again, one of Marvel’s X-writers is going to ‘remember’ that the whole Disassembled shitstorm made not a lick of sense where the Scarlet Witch was concerned and isn’t it odd that the Vision was understood to be a living, sentient, capable of tears and other kinds of secretions (synthetic) man who only got turned into a jumped-up toaster by John Byrne at the start of a run in which the Scarlet Witch went tonto bonkers and started messing with reality.

Shorter - the sooner someone retcons the mess Bendis made out of the Wanda/Vision marriage by revealing there’s a rogue Scarlet Witch/Sentry Super-Skrull out there who has been playing with reality the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    Some day, hopefully not too far in this post-Bendis Marvel future, with the MCU having the rights to the X-Universe again, one of Marvel’s X-writers is going to ‘remember’ that the whole Disassembled shitstorm made not a lick of sense where the Scarlet Witch was concerned and isn’t it odd that the Vision was understood to be a living, sentient, capable of tears and other kinds of secretions (synthetic) man who only got turned into a jumped-up toaster by John Byrne at the start of a run in which the Scarlet Witch went tonto bonkers and started messing with reality.

Shorter - the sooner someone retcons the mess Bendis made out of the Wanda/Vision marriage by revealing there’s a rogue Scarlet Witch/Sentry Super-Skrull out there who has been playing with reality the better.
    Uncanny Avengers still happened though. Also, the Avengers and the entire MU held Cyclops accountable for killing Xavier in AvX even if he was influenced by the Phoenix Force too.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Religious Kurt is my least favourite Kurt, but I can see why he is perfect for the part. And his philosophical and theological questions over Krakoa are in character. The cathedral, as it clearly is, of the mutant religion showed up in PoX, on the tarot cards along with Rasputin and Cardinal (Cardinal was when I first wondered if this would be Kurt’s role). I’m guessing when he’s ready to open it up, the building will become accessible to others. It being the building of his dreams is creepy, I still don't trust Krakoa.
    It will also end up as the lightning struck tower.
    Good, good catch.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think I will have to reread this again tonight when I have more time, as I am not sure what the problem they are trying to solve by having the crucible actually is. Wall of text and all that, I got the gist but obviously not the details.
    I thought it was to give mutants who want their powers back a choice to get them. They don't want it to be too easy to discourage suicide and, well, Apocalypse is a violent sadist who is on a God Complex kick.

And as for Wanda, dammit Remender...

But still, Wanda was the victim there. And I don't think Hickman is villainizing her, the X-Men are villainizing her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post

No, please no! Just leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I thought it was to give mutants who want their powers back a choice to get them. They don't want it to be too easy to discourage suicide and, well, Apocalypse is a violent sadist who is on a God Complex kick.

And as for Wanda, dammit Remender...

But still, Wanda was the victim there. And I don't think Hickman is villainizing her, the X-Men are villainizing her.
    X-men only does what Hickman wants

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That's a really good reading, Glio, thanks. And having Poccy be judge and executioner adds another wrinkle regarding who has/doles out the privilege of resurrection on the island, since we've already seen Poccy use his to queue jump after suicide-by-Rogue.
    We know that if you die on an official mission of the X-Men or X-Force, they put you first in queue (As in HOX) and if you are a member of the Council, too.

Everything is really a matter of "Who deserves to be resurrected first." It would not be fair for Genosha dead mutants that their resurrection be delayed by "whims." Krakoa can't reward suicides like that.

Eventually, when there are no millions of dead mutants, other criteria may be used. Right now the Five are a resource whose use is limited because they have a lot of work ahead.

Right, but there's also stuff like Emma having Jumbo brought back for wardrobe improvements. And like I said then, there's a valid arguement to be made that a budding culture needs its artists, but I can still see how it would chafe.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    X-men only does what Hickman wants
    That can be said about any writers X-Men run.

You just really dislike Hickman's run.