Page 61 of 117 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Re-read Powers of X #2 to understand why they are allowed on the island.
    I get why their on the island, my point is to the readers who are so against Wanda for the mere fact she got away with decimation and never was punished, but have no problems with the murderers running around Krakoa the double standard in this thread alone is abundant and makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    We saw what Doom did and we saw what Wanda did on panel. Doom trying to cover for her which is implied in CC does not change the bit where she sought out this dark magic while of sound mind
    It wasn't implied at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't think it's scary exactly, though I admit I sometimes find that people talk as though anything the oppressed do to their oppressors is OK, and one of the interesting things about mutant power as a metaphor is that it shows that power is not as evenly distributed as all that - even an oppressed person may have some power to abuse.

In the end though it's all harmless role playing. Someone who identifies with the mutants against the human oppressors isn't going to go out and lead a revolution.
    I think that if your oppressors literally make multiple attempts at wiping out your entire race/species, whatever you do to those directly involved in those actions is entirely justified. By choosing to embrace Nazi-like hatred, you have forfeited your humanity and deserve whatever happens to you, and worse. I have zero sympathy for the Nazi, the Nazi sympathizer, or the new-Nazi.

Real or fictional.

Otherwise, though, I agree that it’s all just role play, and no one who reads X-Men is going to start killing, say, random white people in the name of solidarity with those who white folks have historically oppressed. The Nazis (and their ideological analogies in reality and fiction) DONT deserve any horror visited upon them by their victims because of the color of their skin or their nationality. They deserve it because they made a deliberate choice to throw away their humanity in favor of embracing the primitive, hateful monster that lurks in all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    where wanda states she seeked him herself and where even cyclops and wolverine dont buy he whole thing? because its a massive cop out that could easly be a lie?
    Except it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I get why their on the island, my point is to the readers who are so against Wanda for the mere fact she got away with decimation and never was punished, but have no problems with the murderers running around Krakoa the double standard in this thread alone is abundant and makes no sense.
    I'm not comfortable with the villains being there because surely something is going to pop off eventually. But if it's the way to mutant survival, I can understand why people are going with it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    We saw what Doom did and we saw what Wanda did on panel. Doom trying to cover for her which is implied in CC does not change the bit where she sought out this dark magic while of sound mind
    However, the things you show are things Wanda would never have done, so even though there are holes in Doom's story they still make more sense than "Wanda wiped out mutants because she was secretly a self-hating mutant."

Therefore, Wanda stans have chosen to accept the more plausible of the two stories while waiting patiently either for mutants to blame Doom, or for another writer to come along with a new explanation that Avengers Forever-s away the whole thing.

BANNED

However, the things you show are things Wanda would never have done, so even though there are holes in Doom's story they still make more sense than "Wanda wiped out mutants because she was secretly a self-hating mutant."

Therefore, Wanda stans have chosen to accept the more plausible of the two stories while waiting patiently either for mutants to blame Doom, or for another writer to come along with a new explanation that Avengers Forever-s away the whole thing.
    uncanny avengers shows an immense contempt for mutants, so try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm not saying Wanda is a saint either but the hypocrisy being sprouted about how she did something so horrible and was never punished is ridiculous, when you realize damn near the entire council of Krakoa has committed horrible atrocities and gotten away with it.
    I get that. I do. The difference is, all the horrible monsters on Krakoa submitted themselves to the authority of a higher power. They agreed to curtail their worse instincts. Wanda has not. She continues to benefit from being a beloved hero, and hasn’t done anything to show even the slightest contrition for her sins.

BANNED

I deadass belive the characther needs to be killed off, given the cassandra cain/stephanie brown treatment or retconed into a version closer to the mcu

I agree, especially when Mr. Sinister is allowed on the Island even though he wasn't originally a mutant, but stole the genes from some unfortunate mutant to create a new body for himself.

If that is acceptable, it should be just as acceptable for other humans to do the same thing and then claim Krakoa as their birthright.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Who made the massacre?
    Who were the victims?
    How does it happen?
    When?

A picture cannot say everything.
    You're right in that context is important. Kurt was acting very strange in the beginning of Astonishing so Teen Jean and Storm went into his mind to figure it out. Here's what he witnessed:

The next page is the mass grave reveal. It's all mutants, hunted by groups of humans.

These are children. If it means uniting all mutants in hopes of ending this, I understand the point. It may blow up, but I understand the point.
    Last edited by JB; 02-26-2020 at 05:58 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It wasn't implied at all.
    It is given Wandas on admission of seeking the life force and this.

Also this issue the children blame Wanda
    Attached Images Attached Images

Its not Dooms story its Wandas story. By her own admission and recollection acknowledging she sought the life force before she even met Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Who made the massacre?
    Who were the victims?
    How does it happen?
    When?

A picture cannot say everything.
    I’m sure those dead Mutant children did something to provoke it. Their eradication at the hands of humans, I mean. Just like the Jews and Gypsies and queers and communists and Poles and mentally and physically handicapped probably provoked the Nazis. Have you noticed that the Holocaust is ALWAYS presented as a bad thing? Why don’t we get to hear the Nazi side of things?

I hate when facts and reality get in the way of bothsidesism!!
    Last edited by zinderel; 02-26-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    uncanny avengers shows an immense contempt for mutants, so try again.
    Wanda was an out-and-proud mutant when the X-Men were government stooges hiding their mutant identity from the world, try again.