Page 80 of 117 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1743

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    exactly, he was never her father, they were never close EVER, it was a looose conection only kept because he fucked her mom once upon a time.
    witout any biological connection, that already faint conection is gone
    so why would he defend her?
    You Don't need to be so vulgar about it, thanks.
    Also, my point was that he's been an awful father to Wanda, him not defending her when he could is a continuation of that awfulness.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    You Don't need to be so vulgar about it, thanks.
    Also, my point was that he's been an awful father to Wanda, him not defending her when he could is a continuation of that awfulness.
    There was no obligation, they were never related in the first place, she is just a human that commited a decimation over a false parentage, who erik never raised, never took care off and only interacted with as her father when she was an adult, an adult that absolutly despised him.
    there was never any love or conections, so why is she deserving of defense over a past relantionship she constantly made very clear she hated and was ashamed off?

lorna actually considers him her father and cares for him, vice versa, they have been working it out but the relantionship is there.
    it was never ever ever there with the twins
    How does that excuse him turning the head the other way now on Krakoa?
    Especially knowing he was taking care of Wanda before HoM, as a father.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    You meeeeean the kids who were never 'proud' to be mutants? And were not particularly proud to be his kids? What would you have. Them do? Talk about? If you had an adult cousin that didn't particularly vibe with you....then it turns out y'all aren't related would still want to be around that person?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Yeah but where does parenting come into it He met her as an adult and was unaware of any relationship until much later.For a while he thought he had an adult daughter but she never was.
    I don't think a poor relationship with an adult that you for a while falsely thought was your child makes you a bad parent.
    He tried to take care of Wanda before HoM, that's the kind of attitude expected from a parent, regardless of the Relationship they hold with their child, be him/her 10 or 30.

And like I said, parenting isn't limited to blood or Relationship with the children. That's a cop out to pretend it is.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

He tried to take care of Wanda before HoM, that's the kind of attitude expected from a parent, regardless of the Relationship they hold with their child, be him/her 10 or 30.

And like I said, parenting isn't limited to blood or Relationship with the children. That's a cop out to pretend it is.
    but now its gone, the conection is non existant, magneto and lorna dont have to protect someone that isnt their family now, and wasnt much either before

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Given the note about Synch's mental stability a few issues ago, and Wolverine's comments in Wolverine #1, it seems like this is going to be addressed head on at some point. You're right to ponder it.
    Yeah, maybe it's something that will be mentioned during the new X-Factor series.

Spectacular Member

So , a woman turns up on my doorstep and claims to be my daughter. We spend the next few years trying to have a relationship but fail . I then discover this person is not my daughter and we part company ( having never established a good relationship ).
    This makes me a bad father despite the fact I am not and never have been a father?

There was no obligation, they were never related in the first place, she is just a human that commited a decimation over a false parentage, who erik never raised, never took care off and only interacted with as her father when she was an adult, an adult that absolutly despised him.
    there was never any love or conections, so why is she deserving of defense over a past relantionship she constantly made very clear she hated and was ashamed off?
    Magneto was more than happy to call her his daughter and use her powers to further his schemes, and later on did make penance other that self-serving attitude of his, to the point of him going out of his way to take care of her after Disassembled, and to help and even save her on different occasions in later years.
    Magneto used to try but he stopped trying coincidentaly when he learnt she wasn't his blood nor even mutant.
    A good father wouldn't have stopped trying, nor stood by as the woman he considered his child was thrown Under the bus and shamed around him.

Ergo, he's awful.

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Magneto was more than happy to call her his daughter and use her powers to further his schemes, and later on did make penance other that self-serving attitude of his, to the point of him going out of his way to take care of her after Disassembled, and to help and even save her on different occasions in later years.
    Magneto used to try but he stopped trying coincidentaly when he learnt she wasn't his blood nor even mutant.
    A good father wouldn't have stopped trying, nor stood by as the woman he considered his child was thrown Under the bus and shamed around him.

Ergo, he's awful.
    he was never their true father, wanda herself has panels stating django maximoff is her true father

he was never their true father, wanda herself has panels stating django maximoff is her true father
    It doesn't matter, for the longest of times Magneto believed he was.
    Again, blood isn't defining what parenting entails.
    You Don't stop being a parent to someone the moment your Relationship go South with them, or Learning you aren't related by blood finally after years of believing you were.
    That's just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    So , a woman turns up on my doorstep and claims to be my daughter. We spend the next few years trying to have a relationship but fail . I then discover this person is not my daughter and we part company ( having never established a good relationship ).
    This makes me a bad father despite the fact I am not and never have been a father?
    See above.

"No justice, no peace."

Comics storytelling can be so confusing if you take everything in account. If you read all the comics, Magneto looks like a weather vane.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I never said she was forced to participate, I just said it was messed up to see her die like this in front of Krakoa and that I wondered what's going to be the consequences on the long term for those who went through this crucible especially the psychological trauma that could come with it.
    I am not sure what exactly you are asking about the crucible being a mess but the whole argument had two sides which were pointed out. "Pragmatists" and "Religion". First or foremost.
    The pragmatists pointed out that whole thing about million mutants killing themselves is just impractical there they decided to perform the ritual and Hickman also made it clear through Apocalypse's perspective that those people have to earn themselves to return back as mutants. Now I am not sure it's the right thing or not btw. I am just trying to be rational about the issue.

The pragmatists actually won but at the price of giving Kurt to give his own verdict for/against this ritual. Kurt said later all he has is questions . He realizes that he has built a mutant religion so that he can came up with a solution

The whole point of this issue was that Hickman wanted to create an issue where readers would doubt about death and resurrection and how souls are reborn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keno; 02-27-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

Comics storytelling can be so confusing if you take everything in account. If you read all the comics, Magneto looks like a weather vane.
    This is very true!
    I remember the days of the brotherhood of evil mutants when he treated Wanda horribly.
    He even got her shot in the head (deflected the bullet I think) to keep her and quicksilver in the brotherhood.(before he thought they were his children of course )

BANNED

yeah he sucks, but he has no obligation to hold on to a relantionship with the other 2 fake dummies, since the dummies themselves hate him and are relief they are no longer related.
    Erik was completly fine, and those Age of x-man memories are probs for drama points, he is fine as a pickle

Even with the retcon, the fact is that both Magneto and Charles took full responsibility of Wanda's mental health to help her recover and were completely and utterly terrible at it, making her worse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Even with the retcon, the fact is that both Magneto and Charles took full responsibility of Wanda's mental health to help her recover and were completely and utterly terrible at it, making her worse.
    they should have just killed her like every other sensible person in the room said so.