Page 87 of 117 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1743

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Kurt is not questioning whether souls exist, he is questioning how what they know about souls is related to what Cerebro does.
    Yeah, that was pretty clear from the issue.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I Don't see him defending his daughter on Krakoa, eventhough he knows she was possessed by the Life Force during the events of Disassembled, then House of M.
    He had the knowledge and means to stop the desacration of his daughter's name as "the Pretender" long before it took hold, now it's too late, even the children are taught to hate and fear her, as much as they are taught to hate and fear sapiens.

I have no sympathy for a man capable of throwing his own children Under the bus, even by apathy, the moment his wishes are granted, or ignore them altogether when he learns they aren't his blood.

n.b: and also, isn't that chilling that the Red Skull's doctrine matches the one Magneto purpoted at Davos a couple of issues ago? He's a supremacist through and through.
    We have not seen any oppinion on Magnetoīs part about Wanda but I doubt Exodus or Xavier go into tirades about the "pretender" when heīs near, imo itīs like during decimation the X-men didnīt mention it but the sentiment was pretty much present and unless Magneto decides to use his helmet to change their peopleīs personal feelings and oppinions I donīt see how he could stop them from feeling the way they feel, after all she did damage them on a very personal level without guilt of their own. itīs like if Magneto asked Wanda to defend him eveytime the Avengers insult him just because they were related.

In Davos what he was saying was that they learned from the world institutions and that they would do the same to avoid War given this is exactly the same thing pretty much all countries do to extend influence, either all of them are supremacist under your definition or they are not.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-27-2020 at 02:54 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Spectacular Member

I think the most annoying thing about the Wanda story is the contrast between the way the Avengers treated her and Scott. They bent over backwards to protect and forgive Wanda and yet Scott, who killed one man ,while possessed by the Phoenix , was treated like public enemy number one.

I agree but this often happens with members of their teams when they lose control just ask the Avengers why it was so easy for Hydra Captain America get into power, all teams have blind spots when itīs about their own team members imo. Scott is an interesting case where one side of the X-men keep supporting him despite being angry at him for killing Xavier and the other blaming him of everything that went wrong.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Astonishing Member

Damn almost 100 pages and it's only been a day...

Hickman the GOAT.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Damn almost 100 pages and it's only been a day...

Hickman the GOAT.
    so much wanda-posting, all over like 2 pages lol from one point of view

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The connection is so interesting. As I've said before, I'm pretty sure Nightcrawler will do something like Dr Strange's Black Priests and they'll be another group of enemies.
    Hehe mama Mystique is already down with Krakoa burning,now the son has moral misgivings.This is the rebel family AV been waiting for.Seriously though Nightcrawler betraying Krakoa for the right conviction would be a great angle.Maybe that is why sinisterly militarised 5 strand Chimera gave a lot of pacifist cardinals.Coz Nightcrawler is the high septon of Krakoa and wants it cleansed so much so his spiritual gene becomes part of all Krakoans whether they like it or not.He is Krakoa's conscience

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    so much wanda-posting, all over like 2 pages lol from one point of view
    Oh yeah the Wanda rabbit hole is deep an seemingly endless.

Speaking of the issue I LOVED it was cerebral and properly unsettling in parts and really smashes some of the criticism that everyone is 100 percent ok with Krakoa.

That Warlock scenes was like horror movie levels of creepy for me. So unsettling.

And the Crucible gotta say I disagree with the method but Hickman laid it out so well and everybody was in character.

Oh yeah the Wanda rabbit hole is deep an seemingly endless.

Speaking of the issue I LOVED it was cerebral and properly unsettling in parts and really smashes some of the criticism that everyone is 100 percent ok with Krakoa.

That Warlock scenes was like horror movie levels of creepy for me. So unsettling.

And the Crucible gotta say I disagree with the method but Hickman laid it out so well and everybody was in character.
    Agreed I even liked Apocalypseīs characterization it seemed it was also hard for him to go around this Yu did a very good job this issue along with Hickmanīs writting and now he introduced the "Wills" as a new kind of problem for a society capable of doing this. I feel like they are opening a pandora box but I canīt stop watching.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed I even liked Apocalypseīs characterization it seemed it was also hard for him to go around this Yu did a very good job this issue along with Hickmanīs writting and now he introduced the "Wills" as a new kind of problem for a society capable of doing this. I feel like they are opening a pandora box but I canīt stop watching.
    Oh I imagine there's defintely gonna be some political strife as we go further into the story just like Nightcrawler said. I however don't think it spells the END for Krakoa as some people think. I do think it will cause a restructuring of the power dynamics in play.

Spectacular Member

it was 100% in character for apoc, since the fittest is his entire gimmick

as others already stated, it makes sense as a (non)elegant but simple solution. people want to come back "better" then you have to earn it. can't just mass suicide and backlog the queue, prove that you want to come back better, stronger, faster, etc and contribute to the advancement of krakoa. not all mutants have x-training, melody will instantly contribute

the real fun is guessing how the council voted

i'd say jean, kurt, storm, kitty, all disagreed. probably emma too

sinister, exodus, mystique, shaw, possibly magneto/xavier, i could see either one of them on either kurt's or the "pragmatic" side. which then brings in apocalypses compromise of the crucible

BANNED

Oh I imagine there's defintely gonna be some political strife as we go further into the story just like Nightcrawler said. I however don't think it spells the END for Krakoa as some people think. I do think it will cause a restructuring of the power dynamics in play.
    yeah I think people dont understand krakoa is a key factor of not one or two books, but the entire line.
    tons of conflict is needed, but krakoa is the playingfield, the additive base in wich they will build and destroy on top of it, not the endgame of its destruction like incursions were.

The san francisco era lasted for a long time and it wasnt as inovative or filled with potential as krakoa is

Quote Originally Posted by loke13
    Agreed after a second reading I noticed thereīs already an ideological allingment going on between those who are part of the X-men and those who have never been X-men were behind Apocalypse, it was probably because they wanted to show support for Aoda. There will be a time where push comes to shove and they will have to restructure the way they decide things.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-27-2020 at 03:50 PM.

This is probably the best issue in this series so far.

Also I kinda feel bad for Scarlett Witch fans.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Oh my god, ICARUS!!!!!
    I screamed, I'm not even going to lie
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8