Page 28 of 117 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

AoA Wanda depowered mutants on a smaller scale and permanently

She also sought out the life force for her own desires when she was sane and was warned by Dr Doom

This issue is probably one of my favorites. The death match seems a bit much and the whole island watching a young girl being killed is definitely very barbaric, bit I like the questions Kurt poses and at least all this opens up to new types of stories.

I do hate how Hickman is ignoring how Wanda was manipulated by Doom to cause Decimation. Yes, that was retcon, but I was under the impression it was still valid?
    I'd much rather have Wanda and Pietro reestablished as Magneto's mutant children than have Wanda as some kind of human Pretender. Doctor Doom as a representation of an unstoppable human enemy seems a lot more plausible, even he isn't really a X-men villain.

Would someone like Gentle or Martha or No Girl have to a weild a sword?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    she says she has the power to decimate mutants again with enough power and time
    Destruction is easier than creation, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    This issue is probably one of my favorites. The death match seems a bit much and the whole island watching a young girl being killed is definitely very barbaric, bit I like the questions Kurt poses and at least all this opens up to new types of stories.

I do hate how Hickman is ignoring how Wanda was manipulated by Doom to cause Decimation. Yes, that was retcon, but I was under the impression it was still valid?
    I'd much rather have Wanda and Pietro reestablished as Magneto's mutant children than have Wanda as some kind of human Pretender. Doctor Doom as a representation of an unstoppable human enemy seems a lot more plausible, even he isn't really a X-men villain.
    Show me how Dr Doom manipulated her? The actual panel shows Wanda seeking Doom as Strange would not help her wield dark magic. All Doom did was help her access it and she was warned there would be consequences. She did it out of her own volition

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Why would Gentle? He's a powered mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Destruction is easier than creation, though.
    I think she could have teamed up with Wiccan and Dr Strange to repower mutants, but UA was more concerned with making her as unlikable as possible sadly

No, because they still had their powers. Seems like a way for them to "judge the worthy" of those who are now human thanks to Decimation and want in to the Kool Klub on Krakoa.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Why would Gentle? He's a powered mutant.
    I said someone like Gentle who is a Pacifist or Martha who has no arms. Or Martha who is infirm. Obviously they dont need it. But if the mutant was a Pacifist. Or Qwerty who is depowered and infirm who hasn't a chance against Apocalypse. They should just be offered their powers back

I mean marshmallow was depowered how you expect him to wield a sword.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 02-26-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I think this was addressed in Children's Crusade when she repowered Rictor, but then in Uncanny Avengers she basically just didn't want to and didn't think she did anything wrong.
    She didn’t even have the power to repowered them by Uncanny Avengers. She lost it in Children’s Crusade thanks to Patriot. She was going to reverse it then and there too but Patriot didn’t trust Doom.

I said someone like Gentle who is a Pacifist or Martha who has no arms. Or Martha who is infirm. Obviously they dont need it. But if the mutant was a Pacifist. Or Qwerty who is depowered and infirm who hasn't a chance against Apocalypse. They should just be offered their powers back
    They can play Apocalypse at Battleships (his favourite boardgame).

I can't describe how good this issue was. Simply wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Um except it IS free for everyone that died before Krakoa and will be resurrected, for everyone that lived and kept their powers, and for everyone that gained powers after M-day and just walked through a random gate lol. I don't see them making all those mutants do trial by combat. I thought the whole point of Krakoa was to escape this kind of violence.
    Escape the violence from the humans…

Officialy, Krakoa is for all mutants. Effectively, they have interest to have more soldiers than civilians… If they die in combat, they are the first to be resurrected… not the Valhalla promised to the brave but return to square one.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Is Cyclops seeing Warlock and then it disappearing straight away something that is being addressed in another book?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Is Cyclops seeing Warlock and then it disappearing straight away something that is being addressed in another book?
    he's seeding it for down the line, since you had the whole phalanx thing in HoX/PoX