Page 47 of 117 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Was it one of these forces that make you racist? No it wasnt it just made her wishes come true. Too bad she wished for genocide.
    Um, yes, it did.

BANNED

Was it one of these forces that make you racist? No it wasnt it just made her wishes come true. Too bad she wished for genocide.
    gee i cant belive the "daddymademedogenocide" and the "witchesandrobotsdeserverealbabiescauseaparentlyad optionisntanoption" got together in one fatefull summoning by wanda and doom.
    gosh dang. it our luck

Extraordinary Member

The post-M-day panels about Wanda's horrific destruction do make me wonder, how would Hulk fans react if someone did a story where his rampage killed lots of innocent people and we saw them all die horrifically across an entire line for years?

I know it's annoying that Wanda stans have effectively just refused to accept that any of those stories were her fault, but what other option is there? "Doom did it" is dumb but we're never going to accept "yes, all those people died because she felt neglected by daddy." You have to pick the interpretation that preserves your favorite hero and I don't think anyone has ever just sat back and said, yeah, I read this story and I now agree she is evil.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    As has been posted here, and every other thread dealing with this situation, she absolutely caused deaths.

And hey...”No more black people.” They won’t be dead. They’ll just be white, like decent, normal folks.

“No more queers.” They won’t be dead, they’ll just be heterosexual, like decent, normal folks.

That’s ok, right?
    I think we're getting to another one of those points where the marginalized-minority metaphor breaks down.

The phrase that describes it more might be "when you're privileged, equality feels like oppression."

Of course that's not exactly true either, especially in a comics universe where this particular type of power and privilege is also held by lots of humans. It's just not a great comparison to real life, just as there are huge whopping differences between Hitler's Holocaust and the mutant Holocaust Magneto fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    one that she sought to bring back her homunculli abominations, you know the creation of a super sane and responsible person.
    So Danger and Warlock aren't real people?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Was it ever explained why Wandas attack wasn't 100% effective ? Why a few hundred survied?
    Dr. strange protected few.

Children's Crusade made her less sympathetic. At least originally Wanda was crazy. Children's Crusade made it her choice to seek such power and stated she was aware it was dark magic

"witchesandrobotsdeserverealbabiescauseaparentlyad optionisntanoption"
    You don't think gay people would have babies if they could?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I don’t care about religious terms. I care about reality. The reality is, Gandhi was PART of the solution to getting the British out. He did not accomplish it alone, and he did not accomplish ANYTHING by “taking it and smiling”.

As for Xavier calling out people, etc, that’s all well and good, but without ACTUAL revolutionaries like Magneto (for good or ill) and later on, Scott’s X-Men, the state of the mutant people would be nil. Without people willing to FIGHT, the dream is worthless. It might do your soul good to hold tightly to it, but it doesn’t do a thing for your people without force.

No one is calling for mutants to wage war or commit ‘reverse genocide’. But seeing them no longer allowing their oppressors to define their existence is cathartic as hell for me, and many others who have BEEN oppressed, who have BEEN abused for the sin of being ‘not normal’, and the sin of not ‘taking it and smiling’.
    I just think adding the you were depowered so you are less than what you were is such a blanket statement it's absurd,it presumes all depowered mutants had some power that made their own life better.There are plenty of mutants who are happy they were depowered.This is for mutants with powers like wither(I am not saying he was depowered ,I mean powers like his) others like that fish boy mutant.There are scores of mutants or former mutants to be precise who would be insulted by Apocalypse's utterings.To absolutely deny that that is true is delusional. I'm talking in general not directed at original poster.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She deleted their x-gene from their corpses confirmed in Necrosha and Endangered species so she desecrated corpses too
    Sheesh. 10chars

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    You have to pick the interpretation that preserves your favorite hero
    They really don't have to, they can just accept the truth. Jean fans accept that she is racist AND commited genocide. Alternatively they can stan other characters its not that serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I heard she was living a happy life far away from mutants… Why would she want to be involved again with mutant business?
    I would hope she would continue to be happy in her life but the fact remains that within the blink of a eye, she has the power to do it again.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So Danger and Warlock aren't real people?
    yes, but one's that cannot generate biological children because they are MACHINES, and if I feel in love with em id consider adoption or a surrogate instead of resorting to dark magic of the most vile kind to take 2 pieces of fcuking mephisto;s soul for my desire of babies, thats freaking idiotic

Jean fans accept that she is racist AND commited genocide.
    Since when?

Wanda has some of y'all triggered....

yes, but one's that cannot generate biological children because they are MACHINES, and if I feel in love with em id consider adoption or a surrogate instead of resorting to dark magic of the most vile kind to take 2 pieces of fcuking mephisto;s soul for my desire of babies, thats freaking idiotic
    So Vision isn't a machine?