Page 63 of 117 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I like this! And the other question raised about what if you fail the Crucible? Do you get another shot or are you boned?

I’d love to see BOTH of these questions addressed. If we’re lucky, maybe we will! Have to wait and see, though.
    How can one fail the crucible? You mean backing out from fear of being killed and taking Apocalypse's mercy? That is interesting but I think that can be easily misconstrued by audience as cowardice,but remember depowered is not dead.Some former mutants could doubt if the resurrection protocols are what they are.So anyone refusing to die because of not only fear but doubt.Say for example a devout religious mutant not too different from Nightcrawler can't be ridiculed for worrying about all the questions Nightcrawler posed in the story

What would killing Wanda off accomplish if she's still the boogeyman the whole time she's dead?

Wanda should destroy the Cerebro back ups. Wanda would work well as an antagonist

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Wanda should destroy the Cerebro back ups.
    ...Why?

10 char

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    ...Why?

10 char
    Cause shes spiteful as per Remenders UA

BANNED

What would killing Wanda off accomplish if she's still the boogeyman the whole time she's dead?
    now she would be a boogy man in a fridge and her grave becomes a party hot spot for mutant kind

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Cause shes spiteful as per Remenders UA
    No, I mean, why should she do so, not whether she would do so.

EDIT: Never mind, saw your edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    now she would be a boogy man in a fridge and her grave becomes a party hot spot for mutant kind
    I mean, how would that redeem the character.

BANNED

I mean, how would that redeem the character.
    it wont? who cares about that I just want her gone

it wont? who cares about that I just want her gone
    But she is gone

I'm just gonna leave this link, make your own conclusions however you will.

Cult Education - Warning Signs
    From that site:

Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.

- Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
    Krakoa has a ruling council, not a single leader, for this very reason. There are laws, and so far we have no reason to believe that the members of the Council are immune from them.

- No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
    I see many people questioning many things about Krakoa. So far, none of them have been disappeared or silenced.

-No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
    We have gotten insight into how Where Xavier’s finances come from, and where they go. I suppose if some writer wants to do a book all about Krakoa’s accounting, we’ll get more details. Until then, nothing about their finances are ‘secret’, though to be fair, I’m sure they haven’t had an independent audit yet. Maybe we can ask Hickman on the next X-Men Monday interview?

- Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
    Genosha. M Day. M Pox. The ‘Cure’. Operation Zero Tolerance. Greyson Creed and the Friends of Humanity. Rosenberg’s X-Men run. Xeno. Orchis. Is it ‘unreasonable’ if you have multiple tangible examples of catastrophe, conspiracy and persecution...?

- There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
    Neither Beak nor Angel were shamed or told they were wrong for not coming to Krakoa. Maxime and Manon crossed the line in the end, but they acted on their own, not in any way as sanctioned agents of the ‘cult’, and there is no doubt in my mind that that will come back around and bite the twins in the ass. So far, we haven’t seen anyone actively try to leave Krakoa, so until then, this point doesn’t really count.

- Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
    Again, Krako has been a thing in universe for about a month or two. Not really enough time to speak of ‘former members’ and no pattern of abuse or grievance. Null point.

- There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
    Again, ~two months old. Null point.

- Followers feel they can never be "good enough".
    We have seen no evidence of this, and the Crucible does not count.

The group/leader is always right.
    - This...I have to give you. Charles and Erik don’t question Moira. We’ve seen in her notes that she is manipulating both men. Up til now, we have been safe to assume that her manipulations have been for the good of her people, but...that may change. And there are for sure some shady things she’s got them doing.

- The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.
    As Moira’s lives are the key to all of this, and she guards her secrets tightly, controlling how they get out and to whom, this point also absolutely is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    How can one fail the crucible? You mean backing out from fear of being killed and taking Apocalypse's mercy? That is interesting but I think that can be easily misconstrued by audience as cowardice,but remember depowered is not dead.Some former mutants could doubt if the resurrection protocols are what they are.So anyone refusing to die because of not only fear but doubt.Say for example a devout religious mutant not too different from Nightcrawler can't be ridiculed for worrying about all the questions Nightcrawler posed in the story
    I think we’ll get to see a lot of this addressed. And frankly, I can’t wait!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The issue is that ultimately Wanda was a vessel to make the X-men franchise lesser, and for reasons that had nothing to do with creative motives. If the story lasted a year or two, and had nothing to do with making the franchise secondary or with Quesada being angry that Morrison left for DC, she wouldn't get 1/10th of the hate. But it did, and Marvel to this day not only refuses to admit any mistake, but continues to insist on some of the points (like Cyclops being EEEEEEEVIL for trying to undo it), so she'll always do so, at least until the likes of Breevort and Quesada leave the company and it's being entirely run by people that had nothing to do with it.

After *FINALLY* getting a chance to read this issue, I gotta say that I'm VERY intrigued and impressed with the progression and pacing. I love how every panel and every piece of dialogue does a perfect job of setting up the overall stakes (see scene w/Cyke and Elf). And, at long last, the fallout of M-Day seems to have a resolution that I am very okay with. It coincides with the "death & rebirth" angle that has been established since HoX/PoX. Overall, BEST ISSUE OF THE SERIES.

This is how serial escalation is done, kids!
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Hammer dancing on Wanda's grave at 5PM every Friday. THAT is how you kick off Happy Hour.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!