Page 74 of 117 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1743

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Dear whoever on here is the reddit user irishcyke,

If you want to argue about X-Men comics, I am down. Let's do it. But don't get on reddit and tell me that I'm annoying and have **** opinions and then just give little four word answers that basically amount to "you're white and straight and thus you can't understand X-Men comics."

This is an incredibly disturbing mindset and I totally get why you think Krakoa is so fucking great, despite all evidence in the material that it isn't.
    Ooh post a link this sounds juicy!

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Dear whoever on here is the reddit user irishcyke,

If you want to argue about X-Men comics, I am down. Let's do it. But don't get on reddit and tell me that I'm annoying and have **** opinions and then just give little four word answers that basically amount to "you're white and straight and thus you can't understand X-Men comics."

This is an incredibly disturbing mindset and I totally get why you think Krakoa is so fucking great, despite all evidence in the material that it isn't.
    That's a sad person you were debating. I'm black, and thus "oppressed" and I can see that Krakoa is a place of delusion, rather than a Paradise. I love the story direction, but people defending this cult country's practice are annoying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    That's a BS reason. Xavier knows who they're close to, so he could let those he's resurrected live with their friends or family. It's that if he did that there'd be a lot of mutants living amongst humans and that could put them in danger or keep them from being loyal to Krakoa

It's a logistics problem, but they're not being honest about it.
    okaaaaaay that's a reach, im stating whats on the data pages and your jumping to conclusions based on nothing but conjecture, i gave 3 reasons and you didnt aproach a single one.
    just random "xavier /krakoa bad" witout actually aproaching the argument
    and scott-kurt literaly admit its a pragmatical decision with apocalypse sugesting something more on top of it

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ooh post a link this sounds juicy!
    I wish it was, but this person literally only got onto the reddit thread to tell me this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm..._xmen/fiu5plp/

Like, seriously, that isn't even trying to talk about anything!

And it's just creepy because it's like, wow, OK Hickman, you aren't entirely wrong. There are people who get so much into being "the other" that they stop seeing normal people as valid people with valid experiences.

BANNED

I beeeeg of you to read it, I mean actually pick up your glasses and read each page and keep in mind the information and worlbuilding that has been presented in the easiest way to consume possible trough this run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    uh uh , see editorial bs to make wanda not the villain really dont fly with me, we aknowledge hope summers not miss wanda
    So because you want her to stay at fault, you refuse to acknowledge her trying to undo it? No one can be redeemed?

It's coercion thru emotional manipulation. Why must she earn the right to get her god given powers back? It's hypocritical of everyone else to just let this happen. Mass suicide is a one time issue, because of the resurrect protocols, but they want you devoted to them with your powers.

It's the reason why they won't resurrect precogs, because they're powers give them insight and that insight will not keep them loyal. The fact that so few question the lack of precogs speaks of TP manipulation.
    Right. The depowered mutants are pissed off at Wanda to have their powers taken from them.

Now, the decision to have them back is suspended on the whim of a mutant…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I wish it was, but this person literally only got onto the reddit thread to tell me this:

And it's just creepy because it's like, wow, OK Hickman, you aren't entirely wrong. There are people who get so much into being "the other" that they stop seeing normal people as valid people with valid experiences.
    That guy had the mental capacity of a 4 year old clearly a troll ignore the little bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    okaaaaaay that's a reach, im stating whats on the data pages and your jumping to conclusions based on nothing but conjecture, i gave 3 reasons and you didnt aproach a single one.
    just random "xavier /krakoa bad" witout actually aproaching the argument
    and scott-kurt literaly admit its a pragmatical decision with apocalypse sugesting something more on top of it
    I am looking at those things, in the context of Xavier's powers. It is a fact that they're manipulating everyone.

BANNED

So because you want her to stay at fault, you refuse to acknowledge her trying to undo it? No one can be redeemed?
    redeemption is at its core given by the victims of your actions, not taken. It be fine if she was anti villain or a full villain, but she's an avenger so who cares about what mutants think of her?
    they are allowed to hate her for her actions.

I agree, which is why I said the Crucible is a sham. It's a way to make the job of the Five and Xavier easier, but they're killing two birds with one stone. By basically encouraging an act that makes one into a zealot once the act is completed and one to be shamed, seen as weak, for those that cannot stand before Apocalypse. It's emotional manipulation to hold what is rightfully theirs behind the wall of "you've got to earn this by our standards".
    I think has been explained a bunch of time what is alternative. You call it a sham, It is an deterrent from something that will throw the whole society out of order. Yes it is artificial limit but it is not one to manipulate people into serving Krakoa. But to find people who are strong minded can deal with adjustment process easier and be useful to Krakoa. Not a perfect system but who I am to judge.

Well we know Hickman isn't wrong. Tribalism is a thing.

I really want to know Magneto's thoughts on Wanda as the pretender and the fallen angel/satan of Krakoa. It needs to be addressed.

BANNED

I am looking at those things, in the context of Xavier's powers. It is a fact that they're manipulating everyone.
    uh uh "its a fact except it really isnt not really, its an oversimplification that shows an immense lack of reading comprehension"
    Xavier probably doesnt even know what the depowered mutants are doing, if they have human families and loved ones, chances are they would stop such love when they return from their aparent suicide as a mutie.
    it is a pragmatical decision , its stated as such by kurt and scott, but not one witout a foundation of logic and clarity that melody is very much aware off.
    its alien and over the top, sure absolutly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I really want to know Magneto's thoughts on Wanda as the pretender and the fallen angel/satan of Krakoa. It needs to be addressed.
    he was sad in the age of x-man event, but quite honestly if he gets anya back he will forget about flop 1 and flop 2