Page 76 of 117 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1743

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I wish it was, but this person literally only got onto the reddit thread to tell me this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm..._xmen/fiu5plp/

Like, seriously, that isn't even trying to talk about anything!

And it's just creepy because it's like, wow, OK Hickman, you aren't entirely wrong. There are people who get so much into being "the other" that they stop seeing normal people as valid people with valid experiences.
    Wow, that's a new kind of pathetic… Don't bother with that kind of poster, it's not Worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    That’s sort of the point, in a ‘the poor should eat their children’ way. Just like real life, mutants sometimes manifest their genetics in ways that lead to pain, suffering, death. People saying ‘mutants should be controlled because some mutants are dangerous / some mutants turn into trees / some mutants blow up’ are talking like people who dehumanize those suffering from real life maladies. I do not believe such garbage. I am making a point in how certain people sound.
    In what way?

Someone whose mutation is being highly radioactive and someone whose mutation turned him/her into an Ugly John-type aren't remotely facing and causing the same challenges to the people around them than someone whose mutation is to turn the colors of flowers…
    Means of control are necessary when the powers are actually Dangerous to others and are not mastered by the mutant concerned. The Matthew Malloys of the world.
    And mutation that are actually crippling/debilitating to the mutants should be cause for medical attention and care, absolutely.
    The last category are the lambdas, they should be able to live like everyone else.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 02-27-2020 at 04:37 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Another thing i loved about issue 7 is it made me think of Fearless where melanie was at the camp where Storm/Captain Marvel/ and Invisible women and we saw Storm/Melanie have a conversation about how she felt being depowered and Storm made it very clear she would never give up on her. Cut to a few months later and i have no doubt Storm fought hard to make sure Melanie got to be the first canidate. I love how hickman connects little things without even having to say much like Hadori from BP. Makes the whole universe of marvel feel in the same place.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    It takes two days for an egg to incubate, there’s no indication it can be done any faster.
    So, maybe it is rushed…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

It takes two days for an egg to incubate, there’s no indication it can be done any faster.
    it did seem to me like it was framed as 2 events very close together since scott and kurt are continuing their conversation, and everyone that was watching the duel were also for her ressurection

Extraordinary Member

This issue also reminded me of what cults and gangs do to initiates and disobedient members, which is to beat them them until they "prove themselves."

And don't tell me Apocalypse wasn't being cruel in this fight, that was his whole point. He wanted to beat a poor girl who was already in a bad mental state and who was surrounded by people who, try as they might, reminded her of what she had lost. That is manipulative and right out of a Jim Jones's playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That is not exciting as you think it will be, You already know Magneto

A. Magneto is all about Mutants
    B. They have clearly remove the ties from Wanda.

Magneto doesn't give two craps about Wanda, She is not his daughter and She is not a mutant. Magneto has only one child Lorna
    This right there is why Reed is light-years away a better father than Magneto.

This issue also reminded me of what cults and gangs do to initiates and disobedient members, which is to beat them them until they "prove themselves."

And don't tell me Apocalypse wasn't being cruel in this fight, that was his whole point. He wanted to beat a poor girl who was already in a bad mental state and who was surrounded by people who, try as they might, reminded her of what she had lost. That is manipulative and right out of a Jim Jones's playbook.
    Indoctrination is the word you are looking for.
    Him and Exodus were way out of line.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 02-27-2020 at 04:44 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

I wish it was, but this person literally only got onto the reddit thread to tell me this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm..._xmen/fiu5plp/

Like, seriously, that isn't even trying to talk about anything!

And it's just creepy because it's like, wow, OK Hickman, you aren't entirely wrong. There are people who get so much into being "the other" that they stop seeing normal people as valid people with valid experiences.
    Ugh, he/she's just a troll. He attacked for no reason and just to be rude.

SHOW YOURSELF while we downvote you to the Pits of Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Yeah, even Val or Franklin turned out to not be his kids, you know he would still love them. And Magneto is not a good father. That is hard cannon!

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Reed is a better father than Magneto but Claremont's Magneto certainly wasn't indifferent to Wanda: he went rescuing her after she killed the Avengers and asked Xavier to heal her…

Hickman's Magneto is a wacko.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    yeah in 3 ish years then to come back eventually because this era is inovative, creative and actually interesting and you're deluding yourself if you think x-men stories wont try to recapture this lightning.
    we stayed 8 years is in san fransisco love
    People haven't ask the question. Why would Marvel end this? The amount of Worldbuilding that has happen it is pretty amazing. If the X-men want to have an adventure in outer space, It is just a hop in a portal and the writer can tell the story. This is probably the strongest story set up for the X-men ever. With Krakoa they can tell exciting stories without them every leaving the island. You can't do that with the mansion. The fact you have the villains living on the island and other antagonist(Children of the original horsemen) on the island, you can tell self contained adventures on Krakoa. This status quo is going last a long time, It will probably going to only be tweaked little when it is over and future writers are probably seeing it as classic storyline so they will want to do something similar or tell their spin on it.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-27-2020 at 04:50 AM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    it did seem to me like it was framed as 2 events very close together since scott and kurt are continuing their conversation, and everyone that was watching the duel were also for her ressurection
    Jean and Logan were at the resurrection, they weren’t at The Crucible.
    I’m sure Kurt has no trouble carrying on a conversation from a couple of days ago if he’s passionate about the subject. And we know he is. Indeed, he’s had time to think on it and decide on his next course of action.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Reed is a better father than Magneto but Claremont's Magneto certainly wasn't indifferent to Wanda: he went rescuing her after she killed the Avengers and asked Xavier to heal her…

Hickman's Magneto is a wacko.
    Magneto is just a wacko. He has his better moments, but he's a wacko.

BANNED

Jean and Logan were at the resurrection, they weren’t at The Crucible.
    I’m sure Kurt has no trouble carrying on a conversation from a couple of days ago if he’s passionate about the subject. And we know he is. Indeed, he’s had time to think on it and decide on his next course of action.
    okay thats a reallly good point I probably misread it my bad

Magneto is just a wacko. He has his better moments, but he's a wacko.
    He's a racist supremacist but he's actually a good person underneath all the baggage. He loves his people his methods are just kind of fucked up on occasion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    People haven't ask the question. Why would Marvel end this? The amount of Worldbuilding that has happen it is pretty amazing. If the X-men want to have an adventure in outer space, It is just a hop in a portal and the writer can tell the story. This is probably the strongest story set up for the X-men ever. With Krakoa they can tell exciting stories without them every leaving the island. You can't do that with the mansion. The fact you have the villains living on the island and other antagonist(Children of the original horsemen) on the island, you can tell self contained adventures on Krakoa. This status quo is going last a long time, It will probably going to only be tweaked little when it is over and future writers are probably seeing it as classic storyline so they will want to do something similar or tell their spin on it.
    you can just add a traditional uncanny x-men title that lives in the x-mansion habitat, but the conected universe allows satelite books to not only be more creative since krakoa is such an expansive concept, but keeps the readers hooked since what happens in those satelite titles are important to the larger characther that is krakoa.

Imagine how many more sales and engagment titles like marjories liu's astonishing would have had with a bigger canvas to claim, instead of being yet another book in the mansion.

X-factor now has a mutant specific story beat to add to their investigation purpose, and that is inheritly more relevant than the urban level disconected awesome adventures of the previous 2 xfactor volumes