Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Oh yeah, there's no way this isn't coming back in X-Factor in one for form or another. Because I don't think we'll be seeing David going this route.

I'll do a reread later, but my first take is that the Crucible is a means of control. As mentioned, if even a significant fraction of depowered mutants decided to simply suicide as means of getting their powers back, it creates a logistical issue for the resurrection queue (which makes me wonder if there hasn't already been an issue with that). Wrapping it up in rules and ceremony and making it a thing you have to "earn" puts a bottleneck on that.

Overall, I loved this. Sam kinda broke my heart a little - just got his little brother back, then he has to watch his sister commit suicide by Apocalypse. Even knowing she'd be coming back, that had to be pure hell. Annnnd I'm chair dancing just a bit at that Warlock sighting.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If that's what's actually happening...

Which, again politely?

It ain't. Look at the panels on this page, and ask yourself if it is a direct nod to anything? That thing that it is referencing? It was not, one lousy film aside, about that character's death. It was about that he didn't run from that death when it was ultimately about that he would live again. That outcome was the focus. Not his death or the exact way that he died.
    They could die on peace. But they are made to fight and die to proof their worth on a messed up spectable

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    This is like a Frank Miller comics, in a good way.

With scenes like the one with Exodus, it's hard to tell if the writer is serious or is trolling.

And that's true for every issue so far.
    Exodus was outstanding. In Hickman I trust and I cannot wait for more of his grand plan.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Yup, I had the same thought. We’ll be seeing this panel a lot lol

I really hope that they make her mutant again and daughter of Mags.

She should make her entrance to Krakoa with the title "The Pretender" in the gate and making her walk like the wwe with a mic.

With the theme of Randy Orton "i hear voices in my head" and all of the kids crying and running away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    To be honest i still have my doubts on him, he seems the most reformed of all the villains yet he is the one that i think would eventually turn on them not because he hates them but because he feels that they would betray Krakoa.

I think he us going to be the one that push the Nation on front and maybe some arguments would aries in the future.

But i agree that he is in better shape than ever.
    He isn't. He has some evil plans on Excalibur, I don't get why people think Apocalypse is a good two shoes now

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Which, arguably, is not actually what's happening.
    it is. he i smaking them fight and die for a show. They could be given a injection and die in peace

This is just a Midsommar 2.0

This week was one best X-men weeks in awhile,They put out 4 really good books and 1 very solid book. The world building that is happening is so good.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They could die on peace. But they are made to fight and die to proof their worth on a messed up spectable
    Again, not what is actually happening.

That other guy I was talking about? No one drug him back into the game after those years that he was gone.

Nightcrawler is some of the best characterisation Hickman has done, though it's been a low bar. This continues to add to the fucked up cult vibe going on. I am quite excited for whatever the endgame is Hickman has planned. I just wish he'd get better at writing dialogue in general. The art fits better here but continues to be sorta meh.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

So is this why they had to get Sam back? That would have made sense but it seems to conflict with his plan to not go to Earth in NM. I cant remember but did he say he was gonna visit?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Hmm, of all the mutants who were depowered, many got their powers back (Polaris, Magneto, Rictor) later on and themn many got them back due to Mothervine (Beak, Marrow, probably Angel Salvatore) and some got theirs back unexplained like Blob, Moonstar and Black Tom.

Besides Scanner, Prodigy and some students (Which most of got killed on the bus), which interesting mutants could be up for CRUCIBLE?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This week was one best X-men weeks in awhile,They put out 4 really good books and 1 very solid book. The world building that is happening is so good.
    100% agreed. What a time.

This issue made me feel so much. Chills down my spine, the first time in a very long time.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

I think we forget just how charismatic Apocalypse could be. In a way, this feels eerily similar to how he got his Horsemen, which was to offer power to unstable but strong individuals.

This issue more than any others shows that Hickman isn't interested in writing a traditional superhero story with a good guys vs. bad guys conflict. And you're aren't invested in reading the fun of what Hickman wants to bring well... I'm sorry for your loss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Scott and Logan had a somewhat flirty interaction, but from the spoilers I thought it'd be more explicit. The ceremony with Apocalypse seemed a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Scott and Logan had a somewhat flirty interaction, but from the spoilers I thought it'd be more explicit. The ceremony with Apocalypse seemed a bit odd.
    It wasn't flirty at all, just a joke between men secure of their sexuality

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So is this why they had to get Sam back? That would have made sense but it seems to conflict with his plan to not go to Earth in NM. I cant remember but did he say he was gonna visit?
    I don't think so.but it is all with a walk distance with gates