Page 14 of 117 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Veitha, what do you mean?
    I mean that I don't think they'll stay immortal forever. When Hickaman run ends (or even sooner) they're going to revert them to being mortal, I suppose. And I think that it's going to be quite hard to deal with it since they're basing most of their culture on immortality and the absence of fear of death.

Also just wanted to point out that Leinul Yu really came through on art duties.

It looked so good.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    like apocalypse also said, suicide is a surrender, its puting your fate in someone else hands and hoping you return better, melody went down fighting and made it clear she was prepared to live as a mutant
    There's a lot to unpack here, and i don't think Hickman is the sorta person who should be doing said unpacking.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The Crucible is going to be really weird if Leah Williams uses it in her upcoming trans storyline.
    They should make rules, which is also an interesting topic.

Like "If you want to change biological sex at rebirth, okay, but changing powers is not okay."

No copies, no Chimeras shoudl be the base rules. Fixes on powers should be allowed (like let Wither control his mutation, for example), but getting into mutations would lead to very complex matters.

Chills. What a fantastic issue. Yu's art was lovely and felt a LOT less rushed than the prior ones.

The fact that it's making us question the writers intentions as well as our own society is good, it's important. That's what this book has always been about and I feel like it's been years since we've been able to frame our own humaity in these books. Bravo, Hickman.

I think some of our concerns are indeed things Hickman and the X-staff want us to feel. These are things that will come down and be future conflicts and future cliffhangers. Nothing the X-Men do in the Krakoa framework will be permanent, and in the meantime we're asked to question what cost paradise.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well this issue was unsettling. Even if death and rebirth is the only way to restore their powers, there are other, painless ways they could do it. This just felt ritualistic and savage. And for what, to prove you deserve your God given gifts that were taken from you back? Whats worse, is the fact that most of the X-Men, who had been teachers and protectors of them to sit and watch even if they question it. Really makes me wonder just what limits they’re willing to just sit and abide to before enough is enough.
    There's no guarantee that their minds or even souls haven't been messed with though to make them not think the same way they used to. There's something dark and messy going on and that's sorta fun.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    In some cultures, child marriage is normal. Are you okay with that?

In some cultures, women are expected to commit suicide if raped, and some do. Are you okay with that?

Historically, cultures practiced human sacrifice, usually but not always involuntary. Are you okay with that?

"Consent" isn't a moral blank check.
    What do you suggest bombing all those with cultures considered inappropriate?

We must kill all the Indians, Hindus or Muslims?

I don't think it's possible.

If we were to take this seriously, shouldn't Catholics be eradicated by holy wars and persecution of women and others during the inquisition?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Spirit, I'm normally with you fam, but BEING HUMAN IS NOT A DISABILITY!!!! Don't let the cult drive you crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Thanks for the tip ahahah but it is a disabilitie for the krakoans. I don't think like that
    I didn't used to agree with spirit's takes, but I've noticed I've been agreeing a lot, lately.

The disability-take, I presume, stems from the fact that mutants were born with their gifts, which is akin to having an extra limb. Quite literally in some cases, too. Said limb was promptly chopped off by Wanda. Hence, the depowered mutants can be seen as "disabled".
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Hickman has been KILLING it and I'm so glad. The first three or so issues of this title were so ho-hum but this was full of the gears of society, philosophical, character work I'd been hoping for. It feels major and epic but still very personal and affecting.

I've been waiting on this for so long and it didn't dissapoint. It was insightful, weird and disturbing in all the right ways. I really dig how this book just explores areas of the new status quo.

Best part: Tie between Warlock and Melody's last stand.

like apocalypse also said, suicide is a surrender, its puting your fate in someone else hands and hoping you return better, melody went down fighting and made it clear she was prepared to live as a mutant
    Which is ironic considering the prospect of suicide to return fixed was brought up in X-Force.

BANNED

this issue just makes me the more hyped for X-Factor

Extraordinary Member

I see Scott, Logan, Kurt and Sam all questioning this to various degrees. On the flip-side, Apocalypse (and maybe Exodus) is shown as being the argument for this process.

Yeah, I don't think the reader is supposed to put this book down buying into whatever the villain is selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Which is ironic considering the prospect of suicide to return fixed was brought up in X-Force.
    And likely why Kurt wants to start a religion. To reign in things a bit so it doesn't become too out of control.

But yeah, Warlock appearance was UBER creepy. Can't wait to see what happens to the quietly evolving Doug arc... Let's not forget that he infected Krakoa with transmode virus in HOXPOX.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right