Page 8 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So I guess Krakoa came to be because Moira really liked Midsommar.
    Lol, I thought the same thing. She probably watched it 9 times. The whole time I was reading this, I just thought these characters I have loved forever are a very scary cult now, and somehow I love it? I also thought wouldn't it be wild is non-powered Melody Guthrie just devastated Apocalypse in that battle? That's a story I'd be much more interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Why?

They're immortal by technicality, they're not born that way. They're largely stil lflesh and blood with nerves like any normal person. There's no need for bloodsport. It just exists to... what end?
    Maybe to prepare people to be soldiers… After all, when you live in a paradisiac island, you take the risk to soften…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    To separate the wheat from the chaff (it's almost like that's Apocalypse's thing). Krakoa wants strong muties only.
    No, i get that from Apocalypse's standpoint... but why the **** are they doing it by Apocalypse rules?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Loved everything about this issue. Crucible makes sense to me. If it got out that a depowered mutant could get their powers back simply by killing themselves there may have been mass suicides among depowered mutants which could have created an overload for the five despite it being hinted they get more powerful and it gets easier to bring people back each time. That and imo it would be more morally questionable to basically "encourage" suicide than to fight for your right to be "whole" again.
    Yeah it is also better from that point of view. If they said yooo kill yourself, everyone! they'd have mass suicides and no way to bring everyone back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    *the uncle that has a sexual relationship with the mom.

Of course it's sketchy, it's Krakoa! Hickman is building it to be shady and in a very grey area. But really, if you could die and be resurrected and be sure that traumatic events were erased... would you even be scared of pain or death?
    He doesn't have a sexual relationship with the mom.

this isn't grey, this is straight up villainy

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    *the uncle that has a sexual relationship with the mom.

Of course it's sketchy, it's Krakoa! Hickman is building it to be shady and in a very grey area. But really, if you could die and be resurrected and be sure that traumatic events were erased... would you even be scared of pain or death?
    You don't really know pain.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Magneto never talked with Wanda again after AXIS? I wonder if he still blaming himself or just hates her ex daughter like almost all Mutants do cause Wanda seems to be in good terms with Rogue, Nightcrawler and even Magik i think

The moment she collapsed was when. magneto killed her brother in cold blood. I think people don’t give that moment enough importance, she created a world were Magneto dreams came true, hopping he would be the father that he never was but he not only didn’t became a better man and oppressed the humanity but killed her brother.

That was the moment Wanda lost all control and only wanted to hurt Magneto...
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 02-26-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He doesn't have a sexual relationship with the mom.

this isn't grey, this is straight up villainy
    How? Everyone's happy, and they still haven't tried to kill any human if not in extreme situations. They're still the good guys.

Just read it. The Wills sounds like what I was talking about re: Kid Cable, where you are not depowered per se but want to come back as a better version of yourself. A stronger, more powerful version. I think he’s the perfect character for that. Make him the badass he was versus the kid that he is. I’m so down for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'd say subtext over queerbaiting, since it's a matter of the writer not being allowed to rather than choosing not to. That said, I'm all for giving Hickman and editorial a tweak, since they knew damned well they'd never be allowed to confirm four of the biggest names of the franchise as poly and/or queer and chose to go the tee-hee aren't we cute? route than give established queer characters a higher profile.
    Good point! Good post!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Magneto never talked with Wanda again after AXIS? I wonder if he still blaming himself or just hates her ex daughter like almost all Mutants do cause Wanda seems to be in good terms with Rogue, Nightcrawler and even Magik i think

The moment she collapsed was when. magneto killed her brother in cold blood. I think people don’t give that moment enough importance, she created a world were Magneto dreams came true, hopping he would be the father that he never was but he not only didn’t became a better man and oppressed the humanity but killed her brother.

That was the moment Wanda lost all control and only wanted to hurt Magneto...
    During the Age of X-Man event, Magneto has a flashback to that, showing that it did affect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Just read it. The Wills sounds like what I was talking about re: Kid Cable, where you are not depowered per se but want to come back as a better version of yourself. A stronger, more powerful version. I think he’s the perfect character for that. Make him the badass he was versus the kid that he is. I’m so down for that.
    The Wills are... complicated. They're going to need to sit down and make a list of things that you cannot require from a Resurrection. Like being turned into a Chimera or becoming a copy of someone else. Common sense should be enough to sort things out but it's going to be indeed hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    You don't really know pain.
    What does it have to do with my point? This mutants can stop feeling pain, be healed and start over again. They're not going to approach a "fight to the death" the same way any of us would.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'd say subtext over queerbaiting, since it's a matter of the writer not being allowed to rather than choosing not to. That said, I'm all for giving Hickman and editorial a tweak, since they knew damned well they'd never be allowed to confirm four of the biggest names of the franchise as poly and/or queer and chose to go the tee-hee aren't we cute? route than give established queer characters a higher profile.
    It's not subtext. This was played so people on twitter would be all over it, writer have no intention of follow up

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    No, i get that from Apocalypse's standpoint... but why the **** are they doing it by Apocalypse rules?
    Cuz Wolverine might be uncle, but Apocalypse is daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    everyone was happy on nazi germany too. it means nothing if it is fake and throught violence
    They havent' done anything even remotely close to what nazis did, so let's not reach now. Actually, the flatscans might have done some genocide tho.