Page 77 of 117 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1743
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    He's a racist supremacist but he's actually a good person underneath all the baggage. He loves his people his methods are just kind of fucked up on occasion.
    Yeah and he's a wacko.

I actually do feel really bad for Magneto in all of this because I really do think he's one of the true believers. He really does believe in Krakoa, he loves being hailed as a hero and role model. He loves that he is finally proven right and he can provide a home to children who won't suffer the way he did.

But it can't last and he's throwing in with people who certainly don't care about things the way he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    He's a racist supremacist but he's actually a good person underneath all the baggage. He loves his people his methods are just kind of fucked up on occasion.
    I wonder what kind of people are bad people to you: of course, bad people can love…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This issue also reminded me of what cults and gangs do to initiates and disobedient members, which is to beat them them until they "prove themselves."

And don't tell me Apocalypse wasn't being cruel in this fight, that was his whole point. He wanted to beat a poor girl who was already in a bad mental state and who was surrounded by people who, try as they might, reminded her of what she had lost. That is manipulative and right out of a Jim Jones's playbook.
    Exactly!!! It's crazy that people are defending this. It's a big reason why I didn't join a fraternity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Exactly!!! It's crazy that people are defending this. It's a big reason why I didn't join a fraternity.
    gee my book club initiation was a tad intense but I wouldnt trade them for my missing toes ever, sisters of the reading for life

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    gee my book club initiation was a tad intense but I wouldnt trade them for my missing toes ever, sisters of the reading for life
    Don't forget your wheelchair.

BANNED

Don't forget your wheelchair.
    it was the pinky.

Extraordinary Member

Dude, black frats and sororities are crazy.

I mean, the traditionally white ones are insane too and have their own hazing, but the black frats and sororities at my college were so unregulated that the sheer craziness of their hazing rituals made many organizations make it against the rules for freshmen members to join them.

The white ones had more rapes, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This issue also reminded me of what cults and gangs do to initiates and disobedient members, which is to beat them them until they "prove themselves."

And don't tell me Apocalypse wasn't being cruel in this fight, that was his whole point. He wanted to beat a poor girl who was already in a bad mental state and who was surrounded by people who, try as they might, reminded her of what she had lost. That is manipulative and right out of a Jim Jones's playbook.
    Even a simple look into this can disprove the idea that he was actually being cruel.

Ask yourself some "Straight Up Basic..." questions -

- How Many Eyes Does She Have When The Fight Ends?
    - How Many Arms Does She Have When The Fight Ends?
    - How Many Legs Does She Have When The Fight Ends?

... Which is before you go onto any actually cruel things that could have been done.

It was enough to make a point, and deter anyone who saw it and was anything less than certain about just how much they wanted to make any rash calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    It was so dense, there was three comics worth of material in there. Excellent.
    That’s good because the Giant Size comic was read in about a minute. They kinda cancel each other out. Lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Even a simple look into this can disprove the idea that he was actually being cruel.

... Which is before you go onto any actually cruel things that could have been done.

It was enough to make a point, and deter anyone who saw it and was anything less than certain about just how much they wanted to make any rash calls.
    And I might believe that, but again, this is Apocalypse we're talking about. And the way he treated Melody was disturbingly similar to how he's treated Horsemen in the past.

I was in the Marine Corps, In basic training I did this thing called the Crucible which was the final test before you became a Marine. It was a test of mettle to earn a title. I get the general concept of test like this obviously my Crucible was not a life or death thing(it sucked tho) but some people don't seem to get there is a good reason why you put a difficult thing in the way of a prize. Nobody is all the way defending this but their concept of death makes way less of big deal than people are making it. Apocalypse application of it is not the best but element to deter people I don't mind as much as you guys do.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Everyday in a mutant's life is a Crucible. It has always been thus.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Maybe Kurt can still be a Christian, but I don't think he can be a Catholic anymore. Isn't that kind of a huge shift in character, even in his less religious days?
    This is a good point. It's a huge shift...especially for him to talk about "starting a mutant religion." It echoes other seismic character shifts in other X-Peoples since this run began. At first it seemed like them realizing that who they were was not who they needed to be...but it really seems to me to be beyond that. Something else is going on....like maybe some Omega level mutant psychic with an amplifier on his head is getting exactly what he needs from each of them while suppressing the more bothersome aspects of their identity.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Just had a quick look at that .As far as I could tell she had two arms , held up in fists , she was standing her legs not shown but standing so probably two and she had two eyes ,the left one closed and bruised ( not uncommon after a boxing match )

It is Crucible has elements in it that make sense for the big picture. The execution of it was less than desirable