Page 78 of 117 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1743
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I was in the Marine Corps, In basic training I did this thing called the Crucible which was the final test before you became a Marine. It was a test of mettle to earn a title. I get the general concept of test like this obviously my Crucible was not a life or death thing(it sucked tho) but some people don't seem to get there is a good reason why you put a difficult thing in the way of a prize. Nobody is all the way defending this but their concept of death makes way less of big deal than people are making it. Apocalypse application of it is not the best but element to deter people I don't mind as much as you guys do.
    I didn't know being a Marine was your right, and that you had to fight to earn something you were born with.

Oh, wait...

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I didn't know being a Marine was your right, and that you had to fight to earn something you were born with.

Oh, wait...
    If that you what you got from my post I don't know what to say

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Just had a quick look at that .As far as I could tell she had two arms , held up in fists , she was standing her legs not shown but standing so probably two and she had two eyes ,the left one closed and bruised ( not uncommon after a boxing match )
    Ops , just realised I missed the point of the original post .Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post

Oh, wait...
    The Five can't handle a mass suicide. It's been explained that the Crucible is to allow them to repower one mutant at a time. It's like asking them to be in line and also preventing the possibility of having suicides with the sole purpose of being Resurrected with a new improvement everytime. If they don't find a way to regulate it then Resurrection risks of becoming a whim and the system will.collapse. I don't like my hair color -> I'll kill myself and ask for new hair.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I laughed on this.

This is all not needed to happen, just another violence and death spectable
    Bread and Circus...so early after the countries founding. Blood sport for the masses with no real consequences because the dead just get brought back.

I was in the Marine Corps, In basic training I did this thing called the Crucible which was the final test before you became a Marine. It was a test of mettle to earn a title. I get the general concept of test like this obviously my Crucible was not a life or death thing(it sucked tho) but some people don't seem to get there is a good reason why you put a difficult thing in the way of a prize. Nobody is all the way defending this but their concept of death makes way less of big deal than people are making it. Apocalypse application of it is not the best but element to deter people I don't mind as much as you guys do.
    Your Crucible as a Marine was a test to be sure you're be able to take the Marine life.

The mutant test has been set up to have devoted followers who will die for their Master.

Not the same sieve.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This is paternal? I don't see anything paternal killing people just for a show
    I would say paternalist.

Paternalist is: "I know better than you, child."
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I repeat, as long as there are millions of dead Genosha mutants in the queue to resurrect, recovering your powers before they resurrect is a privilege.

I don't like the spectacle aspect of the crucible in all actuality it could be done a little bit more privately. Too me that's why It kind of comes off like they have to fight/earn something rightfully theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Your Crucible as a Marine was a test to be sure you're be able to take the Marine life.

The mutant test has been set up to have devoted followers who will die for their Master.

Not the same sieve.
    That wasn't the point of the post or the point i was trying to make. What you said is happening isn't even happening. Discussion on this topic isn't going anywhere because people seem to think that People are defending every aspect of what happened. I am not defending what Apocalypse did but Krakoa need something to limit mutants from wanting to die.

People have said all freaking time death doesn't matter and mutants will just be killing themselves silly these books have no tension. Krakoa puts in a system to stop that very thought process and people don't seem to get that

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It feels like most of the people complaining never had to go through an experience like that in real life they don't understand.

If you intertwine Scott's and Kurt's convo, you can decipher that when the Quiet Council realized that they have to euthanize the depowered mutants to give their powers back Apocalypse was the one who stepped with the Crucible idea. It fits with his way of thinking and the mutants are basically a warrior tribe so Hickman adding something like this to Krakoa works.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I am pretty sure Reed would do anything for his children but I have yet to see him get on his knees before a nazi who just mentally and physically tortured him just to keep safe the mind of one of his stranged children, history of hisl life no one noticed this but that always has been his luck.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post

Not identical, but it’s Krakoan techno organic and it’s verrrrrrry similar.

This thread is already massive, so apologies if this has already been brought up, but did anyone else notice that Melodie's sword is shaped similarly to Kurt's tower?

Great recap Vegan Daddy! I really enjoyed this issue especially the scenes between Logan, Scott and Kurt and the scene with Warlock is both creepy and funny.

Regarding the crucible and what happened to Aero, yeah it was messed up especially having her die like this in front of all of Krakoa and I wonder what's going to be the consequences on the long term for those who went through this "ritual", especially the trauma that come with it.

Yu's art was really good here, I've always loved the way he draws Apocalypse.

So all in all it's another good issue of X-Men in my opinion but honestly after reading this issue, I hope Hickman will have another title with Kurt as one of the main protagonists, I really like he way he writes him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I am pretty sure Reed would do anything for his children but I have yet to see him get on his knees before a nazi who just mentally and physically tortured him just to keep safe the mind of one of his stranged children, history of hisl life no one noticed this but that always has been his luck.
    Red Skull, what an *******.