Page 88 of 117 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1743
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    it was 100% in character for apoc, since the fittest is his entire gimmick

as others already stated, it makes sense as a (non)elegant but simple solution. people want to come back "better" then you have to earn it. can't just mass suicide and backlog the queue, prove that you want to come back better, stronger, faster, etc and contribute to the advancement of krakoa. not all mutants have x-training, melody will instantly contribute

the real fun is guessing how the council voted

i'd say jean, kurt, storm, kitty, all disagreed. probably emma too

sinister, exodus, mystique, shaw, possibly magneto/xavier, i could see either one of them on either kurt's or the "pragmatic" side. which then brings in apocalypses compromise of the crucible
    Pretty sure Kate was dead by the time of the vote besides I don't think shes attended a single Quiet Council meeting lol but yeah it's pretty much implied that NC, Jean, and Ororo voted against The Crucible which unfortunately still leaves them out numbered.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Pretty sure Kate was dead by the time of the vote besides I don't think shes attended a single Quiet Council meeting lol but yeah it's pretty much implied that NC, Jean, and Ororo voted against The Crucible which unfortunately still leaves them out numbered.
    I am 100% sure Storm voted for the crucible,in Hickman's run Storm seems the most radicalised Xman( ignore Magneto) considering the core group.Since her almost Goebbels like pontification to Krakoans about ressurected mutants after the space mission she constantly speaks like a militant. She,Magneto, Xavier ,Sinister,Exodus and Apocalypse must have voted for the crucible, I think Nightcrawler,Jean and Emma voted against Mistique,Shaw must have abstained

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Just occurred to me, no information pages in this issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Just occurred to me, no information pages in this issue.
    This issue needed to be a continuous narrative witout any stops, the constant narrative made its build up feel that much more impactfull

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    This issue needed to be a continuous narrative witout any stops, the constant narrative made its build up feel that much more impactfull
    Very true. I love the data pages, but they have a time and place.

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this site. Ive been looking for a place to talk about comics... A lot. I think Ive finally found it. And the discussion on this issue was great, as was the issue itself. But Nightcrawler is my favorite X Men so Im biased. Anyway just wanted to throw in that I lobed this issue and pretty much everything about it, and hope we get more like it going forward. Look forward to posting.

Extraordinary Member

Considering Kurt talking about starting a mutant religion....I would love to see him go to a church and have an epiphany that all this with Krakoa is God testing his faith and he walks away from Krakoa even more commit to God.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Hello everyone, this is my first post on this site. Ive been looking for a place to talk about comics... A lot. I think Ive finally found it. And the discussion on this issue was great, as was the issue itself. But Nightcrawler is my favorite X Men so Im biased. Anyway just wanted to throw in that I lobed this issue and pretty much everything about it, and hope we get more like it going forward. Look forward to posting.
    welcome i’m happy you enjoyed the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I am 100% sure Storm voted for the crucible,in Hickman's run Storm seems the most radicalised Xman( ignore Magneto) considering the core group.Since her almost Goebbels like pontification to Krakoans about ressurected mutants after the space mission she constantly speaks like a militant. She,Magneto, Xavier ,Sinister,Exodus and Apocalypse must have voted for the crucible, I think Nightcrawler,Jean and Emma voted against Mistique,Shaw must have abstained
    It's going to be fascinating to see the reaction of Jean & Nightcrawler to being continually being outvoted, their measures passed over for more militant or pragmatic. My mind goes back to what Unethical Prime Hank McCoy say to Jean when she brought up whether he knows if they're still human or not. He basically pissed in her eyes and chastised her for "worthless morality". Very few on the Quiet Council hold morality and ethics in high regard.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Yay another Nightcrawler fan. Welcome.

issues as good as this made me wish hickman had even just a couple more pages to work with. he already stuffed a ton into this one. the warlock panel made my skin crawl, same with the stuff about nightcrawler and that tower....all i want is a little more time with the guthries.

oh and all that buildup of "spoilers" about the scott/logan scene is hilarious in hindsight considering, well, every single other aspect of the issue lol. all that stuff about the ritualistic death and rebirth of depowered mutants is fluff what we really want is more sexually ambiguous banter. great scenein terms of characterization just compared to the rest of the issue its easy to slip the mind. if you didnt read it as even a little gay though...honey. sweetie.
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 02-27-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    issues as good as this made me wish hickman had even just a couple more pages to work with. he already stuffed a ton into this one. the warlock panel made my skin crawl, same with the stuff about nightcrawler and that tower....all i want is a little more time with the guthries.
    Pages?? I want more X-Books!!
    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    oh and all that buildup of "spoilers" about the scott/logan scene is hilarious in hindsight considering, well, every single other aspect of the issue lol. all that stuff about the ritualistic death and rebirth of depowered mutants is fluff what we really want is more sexually ambiguous banter. great scenein terms of characterization just compared to the rest of the issue its easy to slip the mind. if you didnt read it as even a little gay though...honey. sweetie.
    Lol if soneone missed a read like that it's likely their misreading something about themselves as well.
    Welcome Dudes
    GrindrStone(D)

I don't think Storm would have a problem with crucible at all. She fought in the Area as a gladiator during X-treme X-men and she is a mutant who spent a long time depowered AND she still fought for mutants and was willing to die for them. One could argue Storm is the model for crucible though she got her powers back in a different way.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

About the Logan and Scott interaction. I can definitely see the undertones of it being flirting but I didn't see that until I came here and read these posts talking about it. As I read the exchange I chuckled because it sounds like something I would have said to one of my friends and I could have have said either Logan or Scott's dialogue (I'm a straight male) and it would just be how I interact with close male friends. I've invited a single male friend on a vacation (he joined us) with my wife and I because we are all mutual friends. To me there was no overtly or implied sexual undertones, it was just two friends having a laugh. I find it really interesting how different peoples perspectives can be based on the lives they live. To be clear I'm not saying any way one chooses to interpret the scene is completely wrong or right just thought I'd chime in on the conversation.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Also i love Yu.
    Art is amazing every issue for me.