Page 67 of 117 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1743

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Yup, we got our second drip in what appears to be a very long game Hickman is playing with the Phalanx. That whole scene was suspect as hell, and what's worse is that no-one in-universe outside of Moira would think twice about it.
    Exactly. I'm not sure how much she's able to monitor from No-Place so I wonder how much has her hand in it and how much doesn't.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

warlock stands agaist the phalanx tho? he has always been part of the team

BANNED

Genosha:
    - Magneto/Polaris and a bunch of nobodies
    - isolationnist
    - no knowledge of future events

Krakoa:
    - all of mutantkind standing together
    - knowledge of multiple alternate timelines to guide their actions
    - made themselves indispensable to the world through miracle drugs
    - proactively taking down threats

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Exactly. I'm not sure how much she's able to monitor from No-Place so I wonder how much has her hand in it and how much doesn't.
    And therein lies the issue: Moira, Magneto, and Charles would know the danger infecting the island may invite. But one is keeping her exposure to a minimum, and the other two are not of aware of what just happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    warlock stands agaist the phalanx tho? he has always been part of the team
    Warlock is an ally, so why hide him? Cyclops wouldn't shoot Warlock at a glance. Krakoa itself also hid itself, it was deliberately secretive behavior from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I don't think the X-fan base can make that distinction anymore just like Beast can do no right in their eyes.
    I see the distinction. And I think that if we take that excuse and say, apply it to people of color? It becomes a horrible thing to say.

“‘No more people of color...’ What? I’m not killing all black people! I’m just killing SOME of them, carelessly, and making the rest white and normal, so that racism can be not a problem anymore!”

“She didn’t kill them. She just stripped them of what made them them. That’s totally better...” is a REALLY bad argument to make, is all.

Should Xavier just ignore Moira's visions and pretend to know nothing or do nothing?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-26-2020 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Should Xavier just ignore Moira's visions and pretend to know nothing or do nothing?
    Speaking of Moira's visions (for the people in the back of the room), war with humans does not work. She does not want that.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-26-2020 at 08:28 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Speaking of Moira's visions (for the people in the back of the room), war with humans does not work. She does not want that.
    Exactly but some think like the goal is mutants take over the world when all they want is survive .

I don't think it's up to Moira anymore, remember Mags and Charles said they've got this. It's possible they saw her timelines than thought not "War with Humans doesn't work" but rather "If we do this/that we'd win a war against Humans." Which would make sense, as that issue painted Charles & Xavier as arrogant as they kept brushing off Moira's concerns over certain choices they made. But right now it looks like Krakoa is careening to war with the rest of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives
    Exactly but some think like the goal is mutants take over the world when all they want is survive .
    The thing is, "survive" is a very vague goal. Survive... how? You can ensure the survival of mutants by surreptitiously destroying all human research facilities and bases. Technically not a war, but they can no longer genocide you without weapons. You can ensure the survival of mutants by having Krakoa release spores that make every Homo Sapiens on Earth as smart as a 5 year old. Now they can no longer go to war with you. You could ensure the survival of mutants by making every human who used Krakoan drugs turn into a mutant. Now there are potentially billions more mutants on Earth, and now humans have to kill far more mutants to wage war. You could ensure the survival of mutants by mind controlling every world leader and important figure in society.

It's not just what you want to do, but how you do it. Are you ready to sacrifice all ethics and morals? It's easy to avoid a war with humans and dodge the failure states in Moira's life. For example, just ask Storm to ruin the crops of every country on Earth other than pro-mutant ones. She'd do it because it ensures mutant survival and would improve both Krakoa and Wakanda's position in the world at the same time.
    Last edited by Metal Sphere; 02-26-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Well this was an interesting issue, not a fan of crucible at all imo way too cultist for me but weirdely enough I kind of liked the use of apocalypse here even if I donīt see how the X-men are so passive about this, thereīs also something going on with Melody, Scott, Logan etc. having problems to sleep thatīs a clue of something but I donīt know what and I donīt like the use of cultits vibes for Krakoa and the X-men but I guess Hickman is going somewhere with it given how present this has been since HoX.

I liked Logan, Nightcrawler and Scott conversation, Cypher is definitely hiding something with Warlock and Krakoa, Warlock is related to the Phalanx so we will see what their secret is but very interesting issue I hope the matter of souls is going to indeed be addresed otherwise most ppl who came back would definitely just be glorified clones of dead ppl and thatīs disturbing imo.

It seems also the time to make wanda and maybe Pietro clash with Krakoa is approaching it will be interesting to see the Krakoanīs adoration of Magneto clash with the reality of them being former family or actual family of his depending if or they are going to fix the retcon. If it comes to the Quiet Council doing something to Wanda I can see Magneto protesting this and the drama born from that.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-26-2020 at 08:05 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Different Interpretations and different scenarios.
    Has Storm ever had to herald a resurrection?
    Has Xavier ever had to preside over a Crucible?
    Has o--[A]--o ever had to not fight against the X-Men for mutant survival?
    Has Scott ever had the pleasure of Jean and Emma and Wolverine...at the same time?

While the fundamentals remain the same...the entire Mutant race is still hated and feared. Krakoa is still as much a target as Genosha and the Mansion...the above scenarios (just a few of many) are quite different...so how can the characters be expected to act and react in the same ways as they did before?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Keep it about the comics folks, don't get personal/rude. Also, don't be so quick to take someone else's bait when they're determined to get personal/rude. There's a chance that you following them down that hole may result in you sharing the same fate (banned, temporary or otherwise). We have a "report or ignore, don't engage" rule in place specifically so situations like that can be avoided. Report personal/rude/trollish behavior to the moderators and let them decide what's to be done, don't add to the problem.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

BANNED

a cute detail is that melody’s flowers are blue and yellow like classical xmen colors

I thought Melody was Jean in her first panel and then Rahne in her second. Her hair color turned from red to brown within this issue

Speaking of which, is this her first and only starring issue? I dont recall anything about her other than being depowered. I actually thought hse was dead

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I thought Melody was Jean in her first panel and then Rahne in her second. Her hair color turned from red to brown within this issue

Speaking of which, is this her first and only starring issue? I dont recall anything about her other than being depowered. I actually thought hse was dead
    I'm glad it wasn't just me. I thought it was Jean too. Messed me up for a second. I went backwards to look again before i went forward to read. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/