Page 91 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1743

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Ah. I admit, I’m not super familiar with Aero. But being a Guthrie, I can see her being scrappy enough to insist on doing this, even if she had another option.

Also, do we think the reason people can’t sleep well on Krakoa is because of the low level life energy drain...?
    I mean, Aero might have something else up her sleeves when it comes to powers and not just be able to fly (she hasn't had many showing).

The life energy thing might be a good explanation about the sleeping thing. I hope we'll see Emplate and Selene showing us how their protocols work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    We have not seen any oppinion on Magneto´s part about Wanda but I doubt Exodus or Xavier go into tirades about the "pretender" when he´s near, imo it´s like during decimation the X-men didn´t mention it but the sentiment was pretty much present and unless Magneto decides to use his helmet to change their people´s personal feelings and oppinions I don´t see how he could stop them from feeling the way they feel, after all she did damage them on a very personal level without guilt of their own.
    I'm talking about the common folks on Krakoa, whether they are children who never went through it, or older kids and adults who lived through M-Day but are oblivious to what exactly occured during the aftermath of this event in Children's Crusade…
    We now know some - probably most - of the Depowered are living on that island.
    And we know they are worshipping the ground Magneto is Walking on whenever he strut around said island.
    If he wanted to spread the Truth, he absolutely could.

Now, to be fair, the X-Men also know about the Truth behind M-Day, they too could set the records straight if they so wished. In fact, the ones with a little intellectual honesty and morality should do just that. But I Believe that between the X-Men and Magneto, it's Magneto's responsibility to tell the Truth, as Wanda's father.
    Never gonna happen, I know.

it´s like if Magneto asked Wanda to defend him eveytime the Avengers insult him just because they were related.

Wanda could, if she had knowledge of Magneto actually being possessed by an external entity while causing a catastrophe.
    And I personally wouldn't mind her doing so, quite the countrary - it would be fair of her to acknowledge that and act appropriately as a result.
    Also, that Jim Cheung's art is still amazing.

In Davos what he was saying was that they learned from the world institutions and that they would do the same to avoid War given this is exactly the same thing pretty much all countries do to extend influence, either all of them are supremacist under your definition or they are not.

Yes and no.
    They want to avoid direct confrontation, yes.
    They want to expand their sphere of influence, also yes.
    But they are doing all of that in order to takeover the world, as its "true inheritors".
    That's their endgame.
    Not all nations have that final goal, let alone are so open about it, but Krakoa does.
    Not all nations have supremacist velleities, but Krakoa absolutely does - or at the very least, their current government.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    So, Re: Crucible -

Until we see otherwise, I think that it’s pretty clear that any mutant whose power was either detrimental or harmful to them, with no upside, likely is happy to be human after M-Day, yeah? I mean, has anyone seen My-Spit-Is-Acid-But-I’m-Not-Immune-to-Acid Boy, recently? Or My-Mutant-Power-Is-I’m-a-Tree-Just-a-Tree Girl? What about I-Just-Get-Old-Fast Lad?

I think it’s safe to say that none of them will be participating in Crucible, and they’re probably happy to be baseline human, now.

But what about My-Paintings-Come-To-Life Man? Or I-Can-Turn-Any-Fabric-Into-Another-Type-of-Fabric Lass? Useful/interesting, but hardly combat ready, yeah? Would such non-combat-related mutants be allowed to participate in Crucible if they wanted to? Or would they be bumped up in the Resurrection Queue due to the nature of their powers without having to go through Crucible?

What do we think?

Edit: what if Rasputin is Kitty’s new, Krakoa-made body? Designed by Emma, Storm, Colossus and Magik to house their beloved Kate Pryde’s soul and keep her safe from another attempt on her life upon resurrection, making her the first, and finest, Chimera?

Probably not, but...
    i Think goldballs shows that there really isnt a useless mutant, their abilities can mutate, they can be a key component of a coven like the 5, or be even more usefull with tech support or mutant magic, apocalypse probably changed his fitesst to characther traits than powers and genetics

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I am 100% sure Storm voted for the crucible,in Hickman's run Storm seems the most radicalised Xman( ignore Magneto) considering the core group.Since her almost Goebbels like pontification to Krakoans about ressurected mutants after the space mission she constantly speaks like a militant. She,Magneto, Xavier ,Sinister,Exodus and Apocalypse must have voted for the crucible, I think Nightcrawler,Jean and Emma voted against Mistique,Shaw must have abstained
    Storm wrestled away the leadership of the X-Men from Scott by defeating him during a 1 vs 1 combat.
    She also did the same with Callisto and her Morlocks.
    And she is much more stark in her attitude regarding mutants/sapiens relations.
    So I agree, I Don't see her having any issue with the act of Crucible, like, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Hello everyone, this is my first post on this site. Ive been looking for a place to talk about comics... A lot. I think Ive finally found it. And the discussion on this issue was great, as was the issue itself. But Nightcrawler is my favorite X Men so Im biased. Anyway just wanted to throw in that I lobed this issue and pretty much everything about it, and hope we get more like it going forward. Look forward to posting.
    Agreed! Also, welcome.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i Think goldballs shows that there really isnt a useless mutant, their abilities can mutate, they can be a key component of a coven like the 5, or be even more usefull with tech support or mutant magic, apocalypse probably changed his fitesst to characther traits than powers and genetics
    Let Glob Hermann start a revolution in the wax and candles industry. Let us take another essential piece of capitalism, comrades.

Spectacular Member

Is secondary mutation still a thing ? I don't remember it being mentioned for a long long time . (? Since Emma and her diamond form ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Is secondary mutation still a thing ? I don't remember it being mentioned for a long long time . (? Since Emma and her diamond form ?)
    Mothervine gave a lot of mutants secondary mutations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I like that anyone calling into question the validity of making copies of people (clones) had people trying to shout them down on this board only for the characters themselves to ask that obvious question.
    I chuckled.
    With what we have been given as explanation, the Resurrection Protocols ARE a fancy mutant name for cloning.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Well those of us you are referring was just going by the evidence from House of X where it was stated Xavier put the soul back into the mutant shell so of course there is that. Though that doesn't mean the characters cannot question the process or what it might mean (especially someone like Nightcrawler who would believe in a soul). And yes I know people keep saying "souls" exist in the Marvel Universe which is bizarre because in our modern times people should realize what the soul actually is (what makes us … us which is our thoughts, memories and the things stored in our brains). Of course our genetics also make us "us" and since Hickman uses both genetics and the mind back ups I don't see what the problem is. But since humans do create culture, society, and religion I guess I can see why people cling to the more mystical version of the "soul".
    Yeah, that's not what Xavier keep copypasting on servers, weeks in and weeks out.
    Or you have a very original definition of what the soul is...
    Kind of remind me of Inception, and how the most perfect copy of Marion Cottillard's character pales in comparison to the genuine article.
    Di Caprio's character understand this deep down, and it seems as of this issue, that Nightcrawler is starting to understand it too.

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Yeah, that's not what Xavier keep copypasting on servers, weeks in and weeks out.
    Or you have a very original definition of what the soul is...
    Kind of remind me of Inception, and how the most perfect copy of Marion Cottillard's character pales in comparison to the genuine article.
    Di Caprio's character understand this deep down, and it seems as of this issue, that Nightcrawler is starting to understand it too.
    The idea that there are downsides at cheating death is a rather commun subject in SF.
    I haven't watched Inception but I read 'Pet Sematary' by Stephen King: a secret old cemetary has the propriety to give the dead loved ones back to their family. The problem is they don't come back the same.
    The most benign change is moodiness, the worse is… well, it's a horror novel.

Have all the X-men died at least once? That would explain that not much remains…
    Last edited by Zelena; 02-28-2020 at 05:03 AM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

death is meaningless in comics, we now have a way to pratically ignore what was already meaningless in an elegant way

Ultimate Member

Look what Apocalypse managed to make out of the mutational bottom-of-the-barrel that was Warren Worthington!

I mean, Angel was a step up from Beak, barely, but plenty of X-Men have his one power (can fly) *and* a bunch of other stuff (telekinesis & telepathy, weather control, sonic scream, fire powers, blastin' makes me almost invulnerable...).

Plenty of X-peeps remain useful despite 'useless' or situational powers. Cable's power is 'I have a gun.' Bishop's power is 'please shoot me, so I can do something!' Forge's power is 'please stop shooting at me while I run to my workshop and build something that can beat you.' Cypher understands languages, which is one-seventieth of what every single one of the 7142 telepaths on Krakoa can do, and yet he's still got a pretty plum job as 'the Island Whisperer.'

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I understand your passionate about your views but this statement is non sense. What exactly are you trying to say? On a planet with 7 billion people you expect me to feel lucky that my wife didn't cheat on me with a mutual friend based on you telling me an unnamed soccer player had his wife cheat on him? Did you just make this up to try and prove a point? What is your goal here? This almost feels like a personal shot at me so please clarify.
    Not a personal shot, just some story that I remembered. I don't have any point or anything to proof. I just thought the story was funny to tell on the context, seems like I was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Dude. He's talking about Mauro Icardi, relax.
    Icardi and Terry are the worse friends ever. I guess hickman knows this stories LOL he is a soccer fan

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    While it's possible that Marvel will go with this "there's nothing going on, just bros being bros!" interpretation, cause they likely won't want to make an OT3 explicit canon(definetely not the m/m implications at least), I really don't think that's Hickman's intention. He knows about how fans(especially the X-Men fandom) thinks of those things.

There's also the context. Logan is living in their house. Is literally considered part of their family. The whole door arrangement... If not for that then it would make more sense for it to just be nothing.
    Logan always lived on their house LOL not big point here. The doors arragement is on the plan, but it is on the rooms? we still never see
    Just another bait. majority will ead and won't even click.
    recently they did a tease on Picard,and I was thinking if I should think gay or not. I just choose not because it was just too subtitle. Then saw I reviewer commenting about this and how outdated is this kinda of tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    My only thing is that if someone with resurrection authority is having a random off morning we could end up with duplicates and therefore they literally are clones. People were arguing against this basic fact in spite of being told that, not only were characters concerned about copying, but a literal team book would happen based on preventing this. That "souls" are a thing in the magical world of the MU was a whole other fact that I felt we didn't need to discuss because the books had already informed us that the resurrected are clones, just based on how the process works.

I just really dislike dogma. That we were supposedly not supposed to call them clones "just because" was kind of a nuisance because it was nonsense.
    It is very telling that is a clone proccess
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-28-2020 at 07:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Some of you literally just argue your points and take no interest in the other persons opinion.

It's like only your answers and thoughts are right. You don't take other perspectives into account.

Some of you need to get over yourselves.

Your opinion is not more valid than others.

Like I've read comments where the things your complaining about are actually addressed but you don't like it or it's not a good enough answer for you.

Well fellas/and or ladies...thats on you.
    Welcome to the Crucible, where everyone thinks they are Apocalypse but really are Melody.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    For good or bad, is basically the very definition of Fandom.
    That wasnt my whole point of explanation. Fans in CBR are taking this way more SERIOUSLY to some titbits like if it's the SAME melodrama thing that's been happening over the last couple decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Look what Apocalypse managed to make out of the mutational bottom-of-the-barrel that was Warren Worthington!

I mean, Angel was a step up from Beak, barely, but plenty of X-Men have his one power (can fly) *and* a bunch of other stuff (telekinesis & telepathy, weather control, sonic scream, fire powers, blastin' makes me almost invulnerable...).

Plenty of X-peeps remain useful despite 'useless' or situational powers. Cable's power is 'I have a gun.' Bishop's power is 'please shoot me, so I can do something!' Forge's power is 'please stop shooting at me while I run to my workshop and build something that can beat you.' Cypher understands languages, which is one-seventieth of what every single one of the 7142 telepaths on Krakoa can do, and yet he's still got a pretty plum job as 'the Island Whisperer.'
    I'm glad you didn't make a joke about shooting and Cypher.