Page 73 of 117 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1743
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I still think if the mutants have such beef with Wanda they should just bring her in. Maybe use their new nation status to call her out publicly and put her on trial, she already tried to submit into their custody during Children's Crusade and they let her go because they had no real plan on how to punish her, it's really petty to be so bitter about it now, so if they really want that smoke chase it. Avengers even founding members have been put on trial before so it's not impossible.

Also didn't her actions in A Vs X lead to the restoration of mutants? Didn't it lierally lead to providing 2 out the 5 member of the five? I feel she has tried to make amends but the grudge is too deep so after a while Wanda probably just stopped giving a ****.
    If they went after her, they'd bring the hammer of the Avengers on Krakoa. Also, like I said, it's easier to remember her as a one note villain to spread their manipulation than talk about her with nuance. That's how cults and emotional manipulation works.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    I did like the way the artist seemed to show the aperture in Scott's visor either fizzing or bulging with extra energy on two occasions, first when broaching the topic of Crucible and his concerns with it, and later when discussing Nightcrawler's concerns about whether they are still 'themselves' after Resurrection. It's probably just artistic licence, but it could also be a subtle clue that Scott's doubts are considerably greater than he's letting on and either he or an external influence is suppressing them when they get too close to the surface. Can't have the poster-boy for Mutant Revolution speaking out against the way the Revolution is developing, can we? That wouldn't be 'helpful'.
    Hickman likes seeding books with things like this so I'd say there's a good chance this may be true.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Also, again how many of those former mutants want to be mutants again? Being a mutant wasn't an instantly better life for everyone. Not all of them are Gurthies born into a mutant family nor do they all still have human appearances.
    If they don't want to be mutants they are not on the island. Humans can't come on the island without permission. They choose to come on Krakoa because they miss mutant society or their powers

I pose the question, because the citizens of Genosha are still not back yet. If there's an emotional toll, why even risk bringing back those people? How do you decide which of the millions come back earlier?

Also, again how many of those former mutants want to be mutants again? Being a mutant wasn't an instantly better life for everyone. Not all of them are Gurthies born into a mutant family nor do they all still have human appearances.
    Again, this is why there's not much of a point.

While it's something really obvious? It is not "Why Even Risk Bringing Back Those People?"

BANNED

If they went after her, they'd bring the hammer of the Avengers on Krakoa. Also, like I said, it's easier to remember her as a one note villain to spread their manipulation than talk about her with nuance. That's how cults and emotional manipulation works.
    she did commit genocide tho? why is her victimization valid but not mutants fearing and hating her for her past actions?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    If they don't want to be mutants they are not on the island. Humans can't come on the island without permission. They choose to come on Krakoa because they miss mutant society or their powers
    I agree, which is why I said the Crucible is a sham. It's a way to make the job of the Five and Xavier easier, but they're killing two birds with one stone. By basically encouraging an act that makes one into a zealot once the act is completed and one to be shamed, seen as weak, for those that cannot stand before Apocalypse. It's emotional manipulation to hold what is rightfully theirs behind the wall of "you've got to earn this by our standards".

It's dishonest af. Same as why they dance around resurrecting precogs. Blindfold is either dead or held in stasis for nothing more than what she was born as.

Sounds familiar....

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    she did commit genocide tho? why is her victimization valid but not mutants fearing and hating her for her past actions?
    Because she helped bring mutants back too, but it's easier to play the victim and only the victim.

BANNED

I pose the question, because the citizens of Genosha are still not back yet. If there's an emotional toll, why even risk bringing back those people? How do you decide which of the millions come back earlier?

the emotional tool has been accounted by putting people that were close in life in a similar ressurection schedule, as its stated in x-men 5.
    genosha was a city state with records and other information of who was close to who.
    these 1 million mutants tho? a much more diverse and tricky situation, how do you know its a normal suicide, a ressurection suicide or homocide?
    hence the crucible that is a very clear CHOICE that you dont take lightly.

BANNED

Because she helped bring mutants back too, but it's easier to play the victim and only the victim.
    that was miss hope summers completing her destiny, we dont acount shaterring the phoenix as bringing back the mutant species

that was miss hope summers completing her destiny, we dont acount shaterring the phoenix as bringing back the mutant species
    That's a big reason how Hope did what she did.

BANNED

That's a big reason how Hope did what she did.
    uh uh , see editorial bs to make wanda not the villain really dont fly with me, we aknowledge hope summers not miss wanda

Extraordinary Member

Dear whoever on here is the reddit user irishcyke,

If you want to argue about X-Men comics, I am down. Let's do it. But don't get on reddit and tell me that I'm annoying and have **** opinions and then just give little four word answers that basically amount to "you're white and straight and thus you can't understand X-Men comics."

This is an incredibly disturbing mindset and I totally get why you think Krakoa is so fucking great, despite all evidence in the material that it isn't.

the emotional tool has been accounted by putting people that were close in life in a similar ressurection schedule, as its stated in x-men 5.
    genosha was a city state with records and other information of who was close to who.
    these 1 million mutants tho? a much more diverse and tricky situation, how do you know its a normal suicide, a ressurection suicide or homocide?
    hence the crucible that is a very clear CHOICE that you dont take lightly.
    That's a BS reason. Xavier knows who they're close to, so he could let those he's resurrected live with their friends or family. It's that if he did that there'd be a lot of mutants living amongst humans and that could put them in danger or keep them from being loyal to Krakoa

It's a logistics problem, but they're not being honest about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Dear whoever on here is the reddit user irishcyke,

If you want to argue about X-Men comics, I am down. Let's do it. But don't get on reddit and tell me that I'm annoying and have **** opinions and then just give little four word answers that basically amount to "you're white and straight and thus you can't understand X-Men comics."

This is an incredibly disturbing mindset and I totally get why you think Krakoa is so fucking great, despite all evidence in the material that it isn't.
    Isnt it better to escalate drama on reddit?

uh uh , see editorial bs to make wanda not the villain really dont fly with me, we aknowledge hope summers not miss wanda
    Your personal bias aside it's still canon.... Had Wanda not intervened Hope would have just done something stupid just like the Phoenix 5 did. Or even worse pulled a Jean and go Massacre some aliens under Phoenix Influence.
    Last edited by Journey; 02-27-2020 at 04:07 AM.