Page 62 of 117 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

She hasn't even started her community service yet
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

Interesting thought let us say Ink's tattoo artist was depowered,he doesn't want his power back but the tattoo he gave ink still gives ink powers. He leaves Krakoa to live out a normal life.Let us also say Ink has killed some folks in self defence.

Does Krakoa accept Ink as one of her own/offer him asylum, as non mutant with powers while the real mutant who feared his power would hurt innocents unaware is living as a 'flatscan mutant'?

Hypothetical

I'm just gonna leave this link, make your own conclusions however you will.

Cult Education - Warning Signs

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Interesting thought let us say Ink's tattoo artist was depowered,he doesn't want his power back but the tattoo he gave ink still gives ink powers. He leaves Krakoa to live out a normal life.Let us also say Ink has killed some folks in self defence.

Does Krakoa accept Ink as one of her own/offer him asylum, as non mutant with powers while the real mutant who feared his power would hurt innocents unaware is living as a 'flatscan mutant'?

Hypothetical
    I like this! And the other question raised about what if you fail the Crucible? Do you get another shot or are you boned?

I’d love to see BOTH of these questions addressed. If we’re lucky, maybe we will! Have to wait and see, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Wanda was an out-and-proud mutant when the X-Men were government stooges hiding their mutant identity from the world, try again.
    Yet one commited mutant genocide unlike the others , oops

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Who made the massacre?
    Who were the victims?
    How does it happen?
    When?

A picture cannot say everything.
    Context is important, yet some images do not need it.

fabio-police-brutality-uncanny-x-men-1.jpg

triage_arrested_all-new_x-men_1.jpg

Something like abuse of authorities against minorities, something so ordinary that happens anywhere in the world and anyone can understand the message.

This was an excellent issue, with a meaty center focus and also a really creepy moment with Doug, Warlock and Krakoa. I'm absolutely in love with the worldbuilding here, especially how it's dovetailing with other books. For example, people noted that Apocalypse is really becoming a mover and shaker in defining many parts of mutant culture. He's a council member, actively creating mutant magic while taking over other realms, and now has molded mutant repowering while providing the vocabulary for everything surrounding it. A while back I mused about Jean, Kurt, Ororo, etc... losing the cultural war against darker, nastier ideas on Krakoa. Many fans on here pointed out that disparaging comments about humans would go completely unchallenged or get the softest reprimand, and now we get further development of that with creation of Wanda the Great Satan for mutantdom. I feel so bad for Kurt because it looks like he can feel this is turning sour.

Can you imagine generations of mutants who largely live on Krakoa being taught they're Gods while simultaneously being fed stories meant to instill fear and fierce loyalty to Krakoa? The worst part about all this fear mongering? It won't actually make them safer. They'll just isolate themselves further, swipe at imagined human slights and benign things while the actual extremists exploit this. Props to Hickman, the Crucible was a perfect example of the makings of a zealot factory.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It is given Wandas on admission of seeking the life force and this.

Also this issue the children blame Wanda
    That wasn't implying Doom covered for her. That was Cyclops not believing or caring. There's a difference.

BANNED

Man, a real fun issue really turned into another boring Wanda argument. Ughh.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Hey look, finally something we can agree on!

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    That wasn't implying Doom covered for her. That was Cyclops not believing or caring. There's a difference.
    Wanda herself told Doom stop covering for her

And additionally we saw what happened on panel and we know Wanda did it from the omniscient narrator in many books, Wandas own admission, Jean Grey reading Wanda s mind in Bendis run and now from this issue

BANNED

only one solution: wanda death event that makes her disapear double the time jean was gone + 1minute per depowered mutant
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-26-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Seriously, though, I would love for them to have done a story after Children's Crusade where she makes up for what she did (or at least was the vessel for) and gets forgiveness or at least starts to. It was clear from the first issue of Uncanny Avengers that Marvel didn't want to do that. I think they like getting fans angry, and she was their vessel for making fans angry and still is.

Ironically the only books where she has even come close to that are X-Men books, like Christopher Yost snuck in a little scene into "Amazing X-Men" where Kurt invites Wanda to the school to teach Pixie magic (and when Northstar criticizes him for this, Kurt says "but she wanted to help"). The Avengers team simply does not care about her much, as you can tell from the way they simply left her out of the comics for all those years.

It's almost enough to make me wish the X-books could take her, though I don't think Hickman will do right by her either.

OK, I'm out (at least the Wanda argument part, no more from me on that in this thread)

Haha I've been trying to avoid the royal rumble. But good points are being offered!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Seriously, though, I would love for them to have done a story after Children's Crusade where she makes up for what she did (or at least was the vessel for) and gets forgiveness or at least starts to. It was clear from the first issue of Uncanny Avengers that Marvel didn't want to do that. I think they like getting fans angry, and she was their vessel for making fans angry and still is.

Ironically the only books where she has even come close to that are X-Men books, like Christopher Yost snuck in a little scene into "Amazing X-Men" where Kurt invites Wanda to the school to teach Pixie magic (and when Northstar criticizes him for this, Kurt says "but she wanted to help"). The Avengers team simply does not care about her much, as you can tell from the way they simply left her out of the comics for all those years.

It's almost enough to make me wish the X-books could take her, though I don't think Hickman will do right by her either.

OK, I'm out (at least the Wanda argument part, no more from me on that in this thread)
    The idea of fucking wanda taking page space in an x-men ongoing makes me barf