Page 68 of 117 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1743

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Listen to your High Priest. Humans are scum.

GOATed

10char
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Is that the official Krakoan flag? Teal and plum pink is a cool color scheme.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Magneto is a coward who takes no responsibility for his behavior. He would rather let people slander his daughter rather than accept culpability for his actions in driving her past her breaking point. I hate him, and I'm embarrassed that he's Jewish, even if only fictionally.

Other than that, this was really good issue. Not actually the weirdest comic I've ever read with this theme.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Magneto is a coward who takes no responsibility for his behavior. He would rather let people slander his daughter rather than accept culpability for his actions in driving her past her breaking point. I hate him, and I'm embarrassed that he's Jewish, even if only fictionally.

Other than that, this was really good issue. Not actually the weirdest comic I've ever read with this theme.
    Yeah "She who shall not be named" actions are everybody else's fault.

Pietro's, Dooms, Erik's. Who's next? Mephisto? Doop? Artie and Leech?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I agree it was unfair marvel didnīt made a proper redemption or phoenix like explanation for Wanda but this isnīt exactly slander given she bassically did took away mutantīs powers around the world, she could have killed magneto instead of taking her anger out on ppl who didnīt have anything to do with their family spat. Magneto helped and defended her on childrenīs crusade but even after Doom took part of the blame for helping her adquire the life force powers it was still her hex the one who changed the mutants worldwide. Jean also was defended by the X-men from the Shiar after her attack on D. Bari but this doesnīt mean they thought she was blameless, just that she was out of control and didnīt deserve to be killed for what she did.

"The pretender" insult isnīt because of the decimation, thatīs what Xavier called her because now sheīs not even a mutant so instead of her being a mutant daughter of Magneto sheīs a human who decimated them as payback on someone who isnīt even related to her for not being with her when she grew up.

I donīt know if Hickman is making this to play into the Axis retcon to undo it or the get across why it was a bad idea but I guess we will see if Marvel will undo the retcon or not but I agree it would be nice to know what are Magnetoīs feelings over "the pretender" moniker that even Charles uses given at least in Age of X where he believed she was still his daughter he still cared about her and Pietro.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-26-2020 at 09:18 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Yeah "She who shall not be named" actions are everybody else's fault.

Pietro's, Dooms, Erik's. Who's next? Mephisto? Doop? Artie and Leech?
    He was emotionally abusive to her and murdered her brother in front of her. And in order to keep up his image in the community, he allows his peers to belittle her in ignorance. The term best suited for such a man is paskudnik. Any man who fails his children, fails the world.

But thatīs the thing, they are not his children anymore, he meet them when they were already adults and he doesnīt need to keep his image in the community given most mutants knew she was his daughter before the retcon, The UN knew she was his daughter, hell even Modok once called her "Magnetoīs little girl" so the mutants must know it after the retcon hence "the pretender" moniker.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-26-2020 at 09:36 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Is that the official Krakoan flag? Teal and plum pink is a cool color scheme.
    On my laptop it looks sky blue

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    But thatīs the thing, they are not his children anymore, he meet them when they were already adults and he doesnīt need to keep his image in the community given most mutants knew she was his daughter before the retcon, The UN knew she was his daughter, hell even Modok once called her "Magnetoīs little girl" so the mutants must know it after the retcon hence "the pretender" moniker.
    Lucy, what I'm saying is that the only ones who saw him kill Pietro were a few Avengers and X-men. It's not common knowledge what he did to Pietro and how that caused her to snap. And rather than confess to his part in it, he lets her weather the abuse as though she were soley to blame. Even Exodus doesn't know, and he was the one telling the story.

Wound up wondering if they were letting us know that Scott might be a less than reliable narrator.

Lucy, what I'm saying is that the only ones who saw him kill Pietro were a few Avengers and X-men. It's not common knowledge what he did to Pietro and how that caused her to snap. And rather than confess to his part in it, he lets her weather the abuse as though she were soley to blame. Even Exodus doesn't know, and he was the one telling the story.
    Most of the X-men know what happened hence why Logan almost kills Magneto at the end of HoM and only held themselves off from that because Kitty said "He didnīt do it" and now that I remember Beast told the truth to Doom, Mr Sinister, Evolutionary, Dr Kavita Rao while he was seeking a cure for M-Day so I doubt very much Exodus isnīt aware of what actually happened given he knew Magneto when he lost his powers and was human himself and even he almost killed him because he could not stand to see him being such a former shadow of himself. I am pretty sure heīs just being liberal with the version of events that are bassically true because it was indeed her hex that made the change in the mutant community.

Now I can see how thatīs completely unfair because this was an editorial mandate of "No more mutants" by marvel that Wanda was made a plot device delivering it but they didnīt help her case by making her redemption arc so messy. Still I canīt say for sure why is Hickman sucedenly making such a big deal of this given the X-men are supposed to be advancing beyond the decimation issue I hope heīs planning of doing something different with it and helping in healing Wandaīs relationship with the X-men side of the MU otherwise heīs just putting fire on an issue that still gets a lot of drama out of characters and readers.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-26-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

I might be wrong, but didn't the most recent retcon (in the midst of the Fox vs Disney power plays) make it so Wanda and Pietro were no longer Magneto's children? Or was it that they're no longer mutants? Can't remember anymore.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I might be wrong, but didn't the most recent retcon (in the midst of the Fox vs Disney power plays) make it so Wanda and Pietro were no longer Magneto's children? Or was it that they're no longer mutants? Can't remember anymore.
    that was axis yes

and i don't know why we've had 30+ pages of wanda bickering/triggering. it was obviously a typical bendis "shake the status quo" move that he always does followed by fox-mcu x-bickering. everything will be fixed in a while, hickman has already brought wanda back into the x-lore twice now, this is the long-game. there will be a resolution

just sit back and enjoy the ride

Fantastic Member

I don’t know what’s more fucked up, the crucible or Scott’s frankness about Logan’s body hair. I loved this crazy ass storyline though. This era is getting nuttier and nuttier and I might not support arena style suicides by Apocalypes, but I am officially in this ride and I hope it takes as long as a Claremont era to last because this **** is off the rails in such a refreshing and unique way, especially for the characters and this whole universe. It’s odd and yet organic and stiff but dynamic. I feel bad for the readers that feel jarred by the huge change in tone, and I hope this new sort of storytelling experience can be viewed as more of an adventure rather than an affront to everyone’s favorite characters.

At first I thought mutants as a nation has been done. Asteroid M, genosha, Utopia, Morrison, District X - they started the notion but to create a new culture, a new language, and now a new religion... that’s tapping into all sorts of engagement. Someone sell me the Krakoan dictionary pls, I’ll totally waste my money on that. The fact that Hickman drew us in with Krakoan glyphs before we knew what it was....I’m starting to see what all the Hickman love was about.

And I have to say, for Melody, a minor Guthrie sibling who we only got to see introduced as code-named Aero ONCE in one panel, and then gets shuffled back to the Guthrie farm off panel, after she lost her powers - this issue was a hell of a follow up to THAT minor character arc from a million years ago. Forget where we ended up with the crucible stuff, I’m impressed that we even started here in the first place. Melody Guthrie splayed. She went from being a background character to someone I give a crap about now. And that panel with Paige and Sam losing their **** was painful for us readers to see them go through, but so gratifying to see their pride for their sister by the end of the issue. I’m glad Melody got her mutant back. I don’t know why, but I am.

My big question is, why would Logan even want to live with the Summers? They all seem really annoying and invasive. Gabriel won’t let him eat his steak right, now Scott’s being embarrassing about his body hair? We already know Havok annoys the fuk out of him. I want to read the moving out issue. Maybe he could roomie with Kurt. Man, that would seem way less annoying.

Holy cow almost 70 pages already! I freaking loved this issue! I love that we are seeing doubt from people other than Logan, I love the crazy crucible (makes me wonder if Hickman plays Destiny and if I can squad up for a run) and I love how creepy everything else was. Yu absolutely killed it on this issue and that makes me so happy. When he is doing good work he is one of my favorite artists ever. I really want to know what is going on with so many threads. Children of the vault, Orchis, horedeculture, Arrako, Warlok/Doug just everything!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.