Page 20 of 117 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Not identical, but it’s Krakoan techno organic and it’s verrrrrrry similar.

That's something that should have been put in this issue as well.

' Why do I have to fight for something that was once mine.

I was a mutant it was taken away from me.

Why would I have to prove that I am worthy. '

But I guess Apocalypse and whoever supported him on the Quiet Council got what they wanted.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That was Doom fault, but women are always responsible and Doom is a Hickman fave
    Note, I don't think Hickman is blaming Wanda. I think he's having the X-Men in need of an easy target since their normal villains are on their side. It's a commentary on how dangerous and cruel this Us vs Them attitude can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Does anyone feel really bad for Scarlet Witch with this issue? She was very sick and she never asked for any of that to happen. And now she's being turned into a villain? Why? Because she's an easy target.
    It's just exhausting. It's been what...15 years since House of M?

And yet there are still members of this board who salivate at the chance to rip Wanda apart anytime she is mentioned in an X-book.

Should have been signed, sealed, delivered with AVX.

BANNED

doom was responsible is a papper thin retcon that makes 0 sense considering doctor doom was in hell during that event, and even the characthers themselves suspect he was lying to protect her.
    Did he give her the power she wanted to bring her hell spawn homunculli back so he could take it? yeah i can see that, did he make wanda unleash her self hate, pitty and daddy issues on a entire species with no benefit to him?
    No way jose

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post

Not identical, but it’s Krakoan techno organic and it’s verrrrrrry similar.

no way that's not intentional

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    1. What if the depowered mutant is not worthy are they not reborn?
    2. How do you have to fight to fight for something you didn't ask to loose?
    Life is not easy and much less fair especially for mutants.

In real life you can lose everything in a snap. When that happens you have two choices to lie down crying for what you lost or to get up and fight for what you want.

If you want back what you lost a price will always be charged because nothing is gained without effort.

Do you expect to live in paradise without having done anything to deserve it?

It doest really help with the way she was written when she was "back to normal"

She was totally dismissive.

She had a superiorty complex when people called her out.

It always came off as disingenous.

I don't think people salivate at tearing Wanda down.

It's just all the stories she's been written in regarding mutants always make her come off like she shouldnt have to be sorry for what she did.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Life is not easy and much less fair especially for mutants.

In real life you can lose everything in a snap. When that happens you have two choices to lie down crying for what you lost or to get up and fight for what you want.

If you want back what you lost a price will always be charged because nothing is gained without effort.

Do you expect to live in paradise without having done anything to deserve it?
    this whole rhetoric falls apart when resurrection is given out like candy.

Does anyone feel really bad for Scarlet Witch with this issue? She was very sick and she never asked for any of that to happen. And now she's being turned into a villain? Why? Because she's an easy target.
    No!

Last edited by Havok83; 02-26-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Note, I don't think Hickman is blaming Wanda. I think he's having the X-Men in need of an easy target since their normal villains are on their side. It's a commentary on how dangerous and cruel this Us vs Them attitude can be.
    The effect is still the same, the villainization of a woman with a mental illness. Of course she is a easy target for the "reformed" villains of x-men, many that hurt and even killed mutants on the past

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    It's just exhausting. It's been what...15 years since House of M?

And yet there are still members of this board who salivate at the chance to rip Wanda apart anytime she is mentioned in an X-book.

Should have been signed, sealed, delivered with AVX.
    yeah very tired of that

I would feel bad for Scarlet Witch if Remender hadn't written her saying "What's wrong with no more mutants?"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There’s a queue for who gets brought back and I’d imagine they aren’t at the top of the list
    They were depowered when they died, how do they 'earn' the right to be repowered?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

2. They are not fighting to be mutants again, they are fighting to get ahead of all dead mutants. Basically, fighting, you show that you "deserve" to be resurrected before all the people of Genosha because you are willing to defend Krakoa. The moral problem is that, it is selfish to want to be resurrected with your powers when you are already alive and there are many other dead mutants waiting for their turn. The ritual is the "way" of earning you the privilege of going first.
    That's a really good reading, Glio, thanks. And having Poccy be judge and executioner adds another wrinkle regarding who has/doles out the privilege of resurrection on the island, since we've already seen Poccy use his to queue jump after suicide-by-Rogue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The effect is still the same, the villainization of a woman with a mental illness. Of course she is a easy target for the "reformed" villains of x-men, many that hurt and even killed mutants on the past

yeah very tired of that
    wanda was such a victim in uncanny avengers callously calling the x-men martyrs and ignoring the mutant culture she herself had destroyed, mental ilness is not an excuse