Page 103 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1743

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The psychological attacks are part of it and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Exactly.

Krakoa ain't for the faint of heart. Survivors and lions only.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Daring her to make the coward's choice… it's a part of the ritual. Shame on you if you don't choose accordingly.
    Yep. Stay down, submit, give up-just like a human would. Definitely the type of rhetoric I'd expect of A. The nature of the ritual is meant to be unsettling, it's meant to be questioned. Is all this brutality really necessary? Is a question Hickman poses and leaves it up to the fans to form their own opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    But that's the thing, and if I had one issue with what Hickman wrote, it's this: why is it an issue exactly?
    Except for the moral implication it would cause, and making the waiting list for the RPs even longer than it already is?
    That wouldn't change the Five's current workload at all. What possible strain I could think of would be on the storage/servers being used around the world by the Kraked and even that is flimsy at best, because Xavier went to Forge with that exact problem in mind and he overcame it with his designs and Shi'ar technologies.

They are humans, immortality doesn't change their nature, only their limitations.
    Euthanasia is still as far away from what the Crucible is as it can possibly be. A deathmatch is what it was, if not an execution. And what would be the point of Crucible if people are to have their mind partially wiped away/tampered with to remove the pain and trauma associated to it?
    That would devoid it from all the symbolism of rebirth and reclamation peoples are putting forth, wouldn't it?
    They're not humans though. They are immortal and they can have their minds healed too. So it's a total different perspective.

I can't see how you can't see the issue of having 2 million humans starting to kill themselves, possibly all around the world? And they wouldn't get Resurrected instantly since they'd just clog the pipeline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    They're not humans though. They are immortal and they can have their minds healed too. So it's a total different perspective.

I can't see how you can't see the issue of having 2 million humans starting to kill themselves, possibly all around the world? And they wouldn't get Resurrected instantly since they'd just clog the pipeline.
    and then what do you do about their mental health when they return?
    you cant assemble them into communities like synch=skin, or into neighberhoods like genosha probably will.
    each of these depowered mutants is a case onto its own, what do you do when the news show their suicide?? you bring thme back but they cant ever be seen or they reveal what krakoa is doing ruining 16 million mutants chances at returning.
    if they had human loved ones, how do you make them have a line of communication and explain how this very dead mutant shows up in krakoa with their powers again? its a massive leak of information that would destroy the nation

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    If that theory is true, then there's something incredinly creepy about that whole thing
    IÂ’ve been going back and rereading HOX/POX in light of whatÂ’s come after it and itÂ’s lovely how much of it leads directly into this version of Krakoa. I think itÂ’s pretty noticeable how each Life sees Moira bringing over only the things sheÂ’s seen to have worked out for mutants, and how far away she is from the woman who fell in love with Xavier back in Life 4. Since then sheÂ’s turned him into a radicalised secessionist (seen it fail) spent a millennia in a Zoo with only Logan to rely on (we havenÂ’t seen what she tried earlier in that life that failed so badly) became a focussed killing machine aimed at Trasks (seen it fail) tossed Xavier on the reject heap to bolster MagnetoÂ’s cred as mutantkindÂ’s leader (seen it fail) and ended up putting her faith in Apocalypse (which failed, but achieved the possibly vital task of getting an address for NimrodÂ’s nativity).

This is, as far as we know, the first time in five whole lives that Moira has bothered seeing Xavier as anything more than a speed bump. Apocalypse has proven himself to her only one life ago, it would stand to reason that when she thinks “Who do I trust to get this right and do what has to be done?” her answer is “Me and the Big Blue Badass”.

Euthanisia was the first thing that came to mind since it handled by governing powers and isn't seen as a criminal act unlike suicide. If there's a problem with the fact that the trial involves combat, it fits in with Apocalypse's stance that mutants are a warrior tribe so having a combat trial as part of their culture makes sense and through combat it allows mutants to experience, accept and achieve death.
    Well first, that's not really true since it wildly varies from country to country.
    In mine, the act is criminalized, when it's not in Belgium for example.
    And secondly, I wasn't lying when I said earlier euthanisia encompasses the notions of painless and merciful death, it is in the definition of the word.
    Factually, you can't call what Crucible is euthanasia, that's just not what this is.

Even if the depowered mutants have a right to their powers, the only current way to get them back is through the reincarnation process which Xavier and Moira already reserved for the mutants who lost their lives due to the machinations of their enemies which also includes other victims of M-Day so unfortunately they still have to wait.

Except we know that if Xavier and Moira were so keen about prioritizing who go through the RPs, it wouldn't be a problem at all for them to enforce said priorities and leave the Depowered be powerless for however long time it would take until all the dead were brought "back".
    That'd still be discrimination though, and that's obviously not what's happening anyway since Crucible exists.

There was a data page which discussed the rate of mutants being resurrected and it wasn't even at triple digits per day. So let's say half of the 1 million depowered mutants survived into 2020 if 500,000 mutants off themselves that's extra work for the Five and years might pass by the time they get reincarnated.
    Again, why is that an issue?
    The Five already have years if not décades ahead of them to go through the waiting list of deceased mutants.
    As tragic as it would be, Depowered Killing themselves wouldn't change anything to the workload they have, not as far as they are concerned.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the issue the Kraked had with the RPs were not around the Five (beyond the standard "they need to be protected at all time" thing) but around Xavier and the ability of other telepaths to operate Cerebro in his stead for the RPs, to either replace him or help him with the workload of said protocols, as évidenced with the first issues of X-Force and his killing.
    And that problem was independant from the waiting list getting longer by hypothetically half a million individuals to reuse your example.
    Genosha alone puts almost 16 millions of mutants on that waiting list.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 03-02-2020 at 10:42 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Spectacular Member

I have no earthy conception of why that post above is littered with random accented capital A things, but I’m going to blame it on the Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    Possibly worth bearing in mind, back in POX Hickman gives us one of those quotation pages he does where he has Apocalypse saying "If you can find it in you to survive - if you are worthy - then I will make you something more than them. Something Eternal", alongside tags for Horsemen and the Krakoan [A] symbol he's now using as his name.

Is this what he said to Life 9 Moira? Maybe, but it's definitely what he says to his Horsemen, and it's very similar to his phrasing around the Crucible ritual. Grown-up Apocalypse seems to have gone beyond the traditional four Horsemen, he's recruiting an Army.

Also, I'll have to check, but given the placing of that quotation I'm wondering where 616 Apocalypse got the idea from to use the [A] symbol as his name, and if Life 9 Apocalypse ever did.

Okay now that might be something that's happening. Moira did say that he was yet in a state far from "her" Apoc. Do you think she talked to him or just that Krakoa is changing him and making him transition to Life IX Apocalypse?
    Very, very interesting stuff here.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

I like Ewing, but i always found that entire situation fucking stupid given that Earth is a single planet among billions where dying is still very much a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    I have no earthy conception of why that post above is littered with random accented capital A things, but I’m going to blame it on the Scarlet Witch.
    Capital A… nan, Apocalypse…
    Coding problem… it does it sometimes when I edit my text with the typeface "…"
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

God Damn....guess we can put that to rest
    GrindrStone(D)

They have been Immortal two months ago, they are "immortal" but they are not "naturally" immortal.

I dont think this fact makes them less human, without Charles, they cant come back.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 03-02-2020 at 11:05 AM.

You can say their perspective is totally different, sure.
    Doesn't make them any less humans at the end of the day, for the reasons I gave and you just quoted and ignored.
    I guess we'll have to disagree here.

I see the issues - moral, spiritual, social, even psychological - what I'm saying is that none of them are logistical countrary to what's being supported here and in the comics itself.
    Or, to be more precise, the logistical issue was already there, before the "menace" of having 1 million Depowered deciding to all kill themselves, and said "menace" coming to fruition wouldn't change that.
    That's my only gripe with what Hickman's wroten in #7, it doesn't jive with the set-up he's created for the RPs.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Has she always been this annoying?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!