Page 104 of 117 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1743

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    You can say their perspective is totally different, sure.
    Doesn't make them any less humans at the end of the day, for the reasons I gave and you just quoted and ignored.
    I guess we'll have to disagree here.

I see the issues - moral, spiritual, social, even psychological - what I'm saying is that none of them are logistical countrary to what's being supported here and in the comics itself.
    Or, to be more precise, the logistical issue was already there, before the "menace" of having 1 million Depowered deciding to all kill themselves, and said "menace" coming to fruition wouldn't change that.
    That's my only gripe with what Hickman's wroten in #7, it doesn't jive with the set-up he's created for the RPs.
    Yeah, we'll have to disagree on that. I mean, even the charactets do not consider themselves humans right now.

Also, it would have quite the political impact having all those people from around the world kill themselves. Don't you think the UN or the Avengers or the FF wouldn't want to investigate?

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    They have been Immortal two months ago, they are "immortal" but they are not "naturally" immortal.

I dont think this fact makes them less human, without Charles, they cant come back.
    Yeah but right now they can. It's like Wolverine not caring about heading towards a gun. He knows he can heal from it. It's a different perspective from what we can imagine.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Capital A… nan, Apocalypse…
    Coding problem… it does it sometimes when I edit my text with the typeface "…"
    It's either that or a result of Stumpy Finger Syndrome.

Nah, it's Apocalypse. Damn you, Blue Meanie!

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

When Magneto says "we will take this world away from you (goal), here is how we are going to do it (tactics), and you'll all be helpless to do anything about it (belief)", it doesn't get any clearer than that.
    The tactics used not being as agressive efforts than outright sabotage or warfare doesn't mean they Don't count toward said goal (future domination) as a result.
    Those efforts absolutely serve that whole endeavor.

As I said, Magneto spoke of the methods the Kraked would go with in order to reach their goal.
    Exhausting anti-mutant sentiment is part of said methods.
    Fun fact, I just went back and re-read the issue and Magneto, and the rest of the mutants never actually said that. The obviously hostile representative from the US is the one who accused them of it… after failing to have them assassinated.

1.jpg

Context on this matters, the only thing he’s talking about here is removing the power from anti-mutant bigots, preventing a war. Like I said, you can argue the point but its too nebulous of a point. You’re basically arguing that anything that promotes the welfare of mutants promotes a mutant domination agenda. Thats only true if you accept inter-species war as inevitable.

The Wakandan representative acknowledged that every country does the same and questions why anyone would expect differently.

Ah ok! Sorry then, I misunderstood what you were arguing over.

Hmm, onto your second point I Don't agree since the Depowered have to go through Crucible if they want their powers back, countrary to the other mutants on that island.
    That's at least another group of mutant who is discriminated against, beyond the precogs.
    And the Reason why the precogs are discriminated against is enough in itself to have readers question the direction taken.
    That's actually reasonable.
    So question the ethics of discrimination, I’ve got no problem with that (I actually agree with condemning it), the only thing I was talking about is the leap that some posters make regarding mutants with “problem” powers would not be welcome, like Leech. It doesn't work because that idea is contrary to everything shown so far.

The de-powered mutants have to go through crucible because the way of re-powering them involves dying and resurrection and they are trying to keep a mass suicide from occurring. Crucible is a speed bump, a troubling one I’ll be the first to admit, but also awesome from a storytelling point.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 03-02-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Has she always been this annoying?
    She’s probably sick of mutants already being born with a revolving door, now it’s just happening faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I like Ewing, but i always found that entire situation fucking stupid given that Earth is a single planet among billions where dying is still very much a thing.
    As serious as it sounds, the end goal of Death being okay makes me think the situation wasn’t as taxing to Death as she let on. It’s a change but it isn’t really harmful to her.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    God Damn....guess we can put that to rest
    Finally. Will that stop future arguments? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    They have been Immortal two months ago, they are "immortal" but they are not "naturally" immortal.

I dont think this fact makes them less human, without Charles, they cant come back.
    Jean can do it to.

Mighty Member

One thing i don't get is...

How is crucible a stop gap?

Like what exactly compels these people who feel so downtrodden over not having powers to wait for a ridiculously elaborate ceremony other than... "Because"

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah, we'll have to disagree on that. I mean, even the charactets do not consider themselves humans right now.

Also, it would have quite the political impact having all those people from around the world kill themselves. Don't you think the UN or the Avengers or the FF wouldn't want to investigate?

Yeah but right now they can. It's like Wolverine not caring about heading towards a gun. He knows he can heal from it. It's a different perspective from what we can imagine.
    I still dont see the difference with the rest of the wacky stuff from comics.

They can consider themselves different from the rest of the humans but this isnt something new and predates the current situation, they have been doing this before the resurrection thing.

The resurrection, in my eyes, doesnt make them less human than their superpowers because is something artificial and can be taken away. Besides they come back in human form unles hickman decides to creep us and tell us that they are tree clone men.

But he wants to avoid the clone controversy (beyond the bodies)

BANNED

the crucible is just a metaphor for the mutant experience, wich is bloody, painfull, unrellenting but that never EVER. stops mutants, even witout their powers, it didnt stop ororo or dani or jubilee or polaris.
    for mutants now death is not a defeat or the abyss, its a victory and its survival.
    what better way to see if they are truly mutant still even witout their powers than to put them to a test that other depowered characthers went trough, like ororo and dani, who even powereless and broken still rose up as mutants everytime.
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-02-2020 at 11:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    In Life 9 she was basically the Bride of Apocalypse and he was willing to die just to make sure that she could make a better go of it in her 10th Life. I haven't got the issue at hand but doesn't she refer to 616 Apocalypse in her journals as a 'child' version of what she knows Apocalypse can be? An unsubtle hammer trying to force mutantkind into a hole marked 'Worthy', rather than a sophisticated Father to His People.

Isn't it interesting that [A] has been acting so much more cultured, patient and 'fatherly' since coming to Krakoa? It's almost like someone knew what was coming and had a quiet word with him, isn't it?
    One thing i don't get is...

How is crucible a stop gap?

Like what exactly compels these people who feel so downtrodden over not having powers to wait for a ridiculously elaborate ceremony other than... "Because"
    It isn't perfect, but it gives mutants an avenue to get resurrected without suicide. Essentially, it gives them an honorable death. If you don't go through it, you probably won't be resurrected.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It isn't perfect, but it gives mutants an avenue to get resurrected without suicide. Essentially, it gives them an honorable death. If you don't go through it, you probably won't be resurrected.
    And why the fuck not?

Other than Apocalypse bullshit.

Extraordinary Member

And why the fuck not?

Because of Apocalypse, yes. Without going through the trial, you just die a human.

Extraordinary Member

All it means is that things that should be fleeting are now everlasting. Death means making room for something new and different. It means making the most of the time you do have. It means a lot, and none of that really has anything to do specifically with a soul. What Krakoa does is, as Kurt points out, changes the perspective, even if he questions who he is, he realizes that the purpose of his existence is now different.

And why the fuck not?

Wanda's wack ass depowered MILLIONS. If even half or 1/3rd of them decided to commit suicide at once then how the hell is Krakoa supposed to trace all of their deaths, collect their DNA and collect their memories (I don't think that's possible at all). And that's not even getting into the actual resurrection process and how that would affect The Five's bandwidth and the already long list of dead mutants waiting to be resurrected.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Wanda's wack ass depowered MILLIONS. If even half or 1/3rd of them decided to commit suicide at once then how the hell is Krakoa supposed to trace all of their deaths, collect their DNA and collect their memories (I don't think that's possible at all). And that's not even getting into the actual resurrection process and how that would affect The Five's bandwidth and the already long list of dead mutants waiting to be resurrected.
    and then the nightmare of hiding the ressurection of thousands of mutants at the same time, the amount of histeria that could cause

Extraordinary Member

And why the fuck not?

I think people are reading into what they want to, and Hickman left it like that. Ultimately the 'problem' was never really explained, or, at least, not in any convincing way. What we got was something the reader could easily latch on to, and then it jumps straight to a 'solution', but one that seems much more advantageous in proposal rather than practical.

In short, yes, the only purpose is to let Apocalypse choose the strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    How do they trace the Genoshans, collect their DNA and their memories?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe